The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Don't know how it is these days, but delivery is free if you're a VIP signup. Which when I did was free. Or do store pickup if you're going there anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or you could, y’know, go there?

541E6AC2-7C71-491C-84CD-02049018E493.jpeg
    my 2 sound waves duking it out over who gets to be on my shelf

siege pros; I like how his backpack with the thrusters looks, makes him look nice and hench, like a bot who knows how to deadlift . A spaceship is a more contemporary and believable alt mode for a robot in 2021

Netflix pros; no battle damage, looks so nice and clean. More classic design and head sculpt. Gives me sad eyes whenever I decide to sell him.

Has anyone tried taking one of these heads off? There’s no screw. I assume it would be more risky and difficult to do a head swap than with e.g. Magnus

A3CFCCED-3AB4-4C1E-9C97-17BE1209EAE8.jpeg
    these arrived quickly and they’re pretty big! Thanks for the heads up , I believe it was @Siege Fan

• Like Like x 7
  3. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

No Smyths around here. We have a lovely Forbidden Planet, and I only go there to remind myself how to walk.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I've had similar thoughts about the recent reveals. They look like budget Fanstoys releases to me, which for many is perfect but I'd personally prefer a bit more visual razzle dazzle. A few extra greebles and contours here, a little interpretive spice there.

I think most of my money will be going towards Knightverse SS this year; lots of detail packed into a tidy silhouette seems to be a thing I like. Stoked for those who are stoked for Legacy though. I'll certainly be cherry picking.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Siege Fan

Yeah, been very close to buying the tree but I've too many unbuilt sets as it is! And look...

20211101_125806.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

TE-01 showed up here a little while ago from ShowZ.
    Blimey. Pretty darn impressive.
    I thought Mp10 was pretty good, with a few shortcomings. GT OP-EX was better, with a good transformation that hid kibble and robot bits in both modes well and had a great truck mode.

This thing, though. Wowsers. Looks fabulous in both modes. Lots of articulation... It's been around long enough for people to enthuse about, but it's the price that this run of them are that really tips it into stellar territory. For the price of a Kingdom leader, you get this. Just amazing.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Bah, mine has had only 1 tracking update 7 days ago and it still isnt showing as in the country, ordered it 12 days ago

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Luckily my Zeta Superion arrived today a little bit better protected! No customs either!

20211101_133950.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  9. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :) 
    Siege Knockout is made from the bonnet of Swipe, windshield, shoulders arms and legs of Tigertrack, shins and hands from G2 Swipe and head from Beast Hunters Knockout with some parts RiT dyed!
    Crosshairs arrived to day, thanks Joe! ;) 
    IMG_20211101_120130.jpg
    If there's no screw then the two head pieces are probably just plugged together, so gently prising underneath the chin may separate the two pieces but be careful! ;) 

The Lego Flower Bouquet looks fab - where is the best price for that set? :eek: 

• Like Like x 6
  10. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    That sounds like a great idea!

Those front wheels are a bit of a bugger, but not fun-destroyingly so.
    The one major gripe I have with ER Prime is the legs. They simplified them from Siege Prime - and I get why - but I'd still think the figure would have looked better in bot and truck mode with the siege legs, with only slight retooling.

• Like Like x 5
  11. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Damn rights. That smokestack cannon was the schiz to.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  13. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Mine hadn’t updated since saying it left China on 29th, and appeared at the door today - so there’s still hope!

This was just the inner packaging - it had more bubble and bagging around it which I’d removed beforehand. Love the corner protectors, it’s a great touch IMO.

• Like Like x 4
  14. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

A package arrived from Show Z Store this morning with Iron Factory Nacelle.

He's got Thrust wings and tailfins with a regular Seeker head and is mostly red, white & blue with some silver and black.

It does everything all the previous versions of the mould does so he's a solid little chap. Next one is a sandy coloured Conehead.

Halloween = Rebecca ferret was in my sleeve when the takeaway chap arrived with my tea but I didn't say "Go!, Go!, Go!" so she stayed put and started nibbling my arm instead :D 

I watched "The Fog" whilst raising a glass to my pal Rick as it was his favourite movie.

@Brum Bot,
    Show Z also put the corner protectors on small packages, all the Legends figures I've got from them have had them and plenty of bubble wrap, much more efficient than putting a small box in a stupidly big one like some companies do.

• Like Like x 9
  15. Siege Fan

Amazon UK to my knowledge, they've a voucher.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used it once, last year. I had some things lined up to sell, that I was very confident *would* sell, and on that basis chose PayPal Credit to pay for Haslab's rebooted Heroquest. Paid it off over the next few months with said anticipated sales, no interest accrued (I think you have four months' grace).

I considered it recently, when a grail item came up in a FB group, but this time around I don't have anything lined up to sell, so decided it would be foolish as there was no guarantee I'd get to pay the card off.

One minor point of order: They sent me a statement in the post over the summer. Everything else was digital. Maybe card companies have certain rules on minimal paper comms, I don't know... Anyway, my wife took the post in that day and briefly got worried/upset I was concealing a loaded credit card from her! Once I'd shown her the paperwork confirming the zero interest and current zero balance, and explained what I'd done with it in the first place, she was fine. However, if you do sign up for it, I would mention it to anyone important in your life, as a courtesy :) 

• Like Like x 4
  17. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks, i might give it a go re: soundwave. but i also might not lol

as per @Siege Fan and @Prescient , amazon with voucher have it for roughly £37
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08G4KJGG3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the bonsai is £27 or thereabouts
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08G4PCG8F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

they also have the birds of paradise set for £55 above RRP

• Like Like x 4
  18. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Any tips or tricks for those wheels? I have a terrible time getting them out of the chest, they overlap with the edges of the windows too much to just pull out. I have to do a weird angle down and out at the same time, which is tricky because they don't have the clearance. I'm also not overly fond of getting his front truck cab up/down, it feels much smoother an operation on the ER version.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. I think you are already in on BZ which has a shield. With regards to Commander/leader size figures not many with shields spring to mind. Will ponder on this.

That tiny Hotrod came via a TFSafari order. It was a freebie gift. I was hoping I could get more characters in that size. The figure does transform.

C3A2C9AC-540F-4E2C-B8AA-86E6AEEAFE9E.png

That is TE-01? How is he?

Really looking forward to mine now. Waiting on Omegalock.

Sounds like the wait will be worth it.

You got a great result there. I was lucky swerving import vat with Superitron at the start of this year when I bought through Wish store on AliExpress. Quite the contrast to XTB Monolith in getting the aerialbots quickly into gestalt mode

• Like Like x 6
  20. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 6