The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

That is the version that will cost me - just looks better in those colours.

Other than that:

Ravage and Zartan early doors pre-ordered (and confirmation through)
    Galvatron also preordered (though still on the fence - do I really need 3 versions?)

To order:
    Skids
    Dragstrip
    Kickback

Not interested in bulkhead or Arcee.

Sales elsewhere - Still tempted by G2 Sandstorm, but not sure that is the route I want to go down.

Had the awful realisation that I will need to move in around 2 years to be closer to a better school... and which lines do I keep, which do I sell, what needs trimming down a tad. Or do I just buy a house with a bigger office/cellar for converting!

• Like Like x 15
  2. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Well butter me up with Dragstrip and lay it on thick - I'm in.

Read last night that Motormaster maybe Commander Class. I suppose Hasbro were always going to try it on in the same way XTB did with the Monolith trailer. At least these will work out slightly cheaper.

• Like Like x 7
  3. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Wondering if it’s worth moving on my UW stunticons with the PE kit *before* we see the final set….

Decisions, decisions…..

@MyTea Boc Toxitron? Fuck yes!

• Like Like x 7
  5. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Just gap filling in my collection now. Unless they are stellar leaps forward on what's come before then can't bite on them for marginal gains. Not in to the Drag Strip. Looks to me like a Cyberverse toy. Those clip wheels are properly skank.

• Like Like x 11
  6. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bigger house with collections room / study is the way to go.

Motormaster is 100% confirmed as commander class and with the dragstrip reveal will definately use the trailer/exo skeleton approach.

Sell now. PE kits and PE kitted out CW sets fetch very very good money at the moment.

Prices will drop once more collectors start selling up, I imagine in the new year once legacy approaches and more reveals happen there will be a load back on the market.

Menasor inc the UW giftset was available for a long time and I recall HLJ were still clearing them out in 2017/18 so there are a lot about to re-sell.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
  8. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So it took 27 mins to unlock Galvatron last night. By which time I'd expressed my distaste at the £8 import fee with IDT and then FOMO'd (the lack of release on Pulse gave me sell out vibes, as if 12k Unicron backers cried out at once).

IDT seemed to lock up as I paid, so I nipped back here to find it had opened up just after I clicked pay. So I whizzed through Pulse checkout and snagged it there.

IDTstill spinning...back, back, still in cart. Phew.

My Pre Orders... eh? It's there? Checks PayPal, money gone. Checks emails. Both orders confirmed. D'oh!

Fortunately I did the 10% with IDT so even if they kept it it's not the end of the world. But their site says they refund so hopefully not an issue.

Oh, and 11hrs later, it's still there on Pulse. Typical!

Saw that in the Pulse thread not long after the stream (Seth must've seen it and gone to town immediately). Surprised nobody else in here spotted it before this morning, actually.

I wasn't shocked, the black and teal is a given on OP at this point!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I almost did the same thing last night in terms of FOMO, and somehow IDT's checkout page has a tenuous link with PayPal. Anytime it's spinning it's wheels always check your emails first. Quite often I can't get logged into my IDT account either!

• Like Like x 5
  10. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Morning,

I had the spinning wheel with IDT last night when I was at the checkout paying via paypal.

I had to go back into both paypal and IDT to check the transaction had completed. At one point I thought I had ordered twice through IDT.

I cancelled Pulse orders.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

I find both Pulse and IDT are awkward to get logged into, I’ve had to reset my account a bunch of times. I’ve a few points I could have cashed in with IDT, but in the end free postage regardless of when they arrive won out and I went with Pulse, as they seem pretty sharp so far at payment and billing. So far I’ve not paid any shipping at all even on split preorders, and I don’t have to wait for it all to show up. Just need to not forget to add the money to the slush fund because it’s months away…

• Like Like x 5
  12. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    My viewing of the pulse con reveals was cut short due to the arrival of my son at home in an 'I've had no naps today' mood so here's my collected thoughts on the panels from best to worst:

Very impressed with Laser Prime, both the figure and the trailer look great.
    I really like that they've modernised the trailer and made it look more realistic both visually and proportionally.
    I also like the way the spine of the trailer folds in half to form the tower with the double gun on top then blending back in to the trailer mode, very slick all around there and the missile pods in his shoulders are the icing on the cake.
    Will be getting this and Scourge and (fingers crossed so hard) a Toxitron version if it happens to boot.

Bulkhead looked much better on the table in front of Mark then in the reveal pictures and I like the way they've made the truck bed into a feature of the vehicle with a psudeo tailgate and weapon storage under the tarp.
    Will probably get him but I would absolutely flip to see him retooled into our boy Pyro, like many of you here I've been asking for him for years and years now and this is a great mould to do it with, a new cab, head, weapon and hard body version of the tarp are all it really needs so please Hasbro, make it happen!
    If that happens I'd also love to see Clench from the cab portion of Laser Prime.

Dragstrip, looks really nice and the transformation looks decently involved for a deluxe, that said I'm not making my mind up about buying him until we see Motormaster and Menasor in full, hopefully at toy fair or around that time if toy fair isn't happening again.

Kickback, decent, simple but that's kickback for you.
    Not an exciting figure on his own but I look forward to seeing his mob completed and consistently styled so I'll be getting him.

Skids, same as Kickback really, except Skids is one of the last members of his group so I definitely need him.

Arcee, not for me but I think it looks decent enough, would look much slicker if the back wheel halves actually went inside the legs.

Now, where the hell was Blaster, I understand that Hasbro may be in an awkward spot with him coming out before Legacy (if that's still true, shouldn't we have seen it leaked by now?) but they could have shown it and then ended with the bombshell that you can get this guy much sooner then the rest, make it an advantage rather than a problem, isn't that what good marketers are supposed to do...

Only other disappointment was not seeing any kind of tease for Menasor, wasn't expecting to see Motormaster as the big ticket figures are always at toy fair (or current alternative event) but even just a silhouette with dragstrip illuminated like TT did for Shouki would have been appreciated.

Exclusives, no interest to me.

The entertainment panel was pretty dire, again I understand that it's too early for any kind of trailer but for a transformers movie they could have had some officially recorded footage of the vehicles on set edited into a short sizzle reel, missed opportunity I think.
    The games they showed, absolutely do not care about these online extra content driven games, waiting for a good big console game to be made again.

Overall a decent but not massively impressive showing, the presenters for this one were good, especially Mark who really came across well in this stream and I think he deserves some props for taking the time to credit the artists and engineers who play a big part in making these toys happen.

TL DR version: Give me bloody Pyro already!!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  13. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

I have pre-ordered EVERY Generations figure since 2010. Even those figures I was never sure about- Beast Wars characters in T30, Legends size figures which was a scale I had not collected prior to 2010, the GDO repaints etc.

Every single one.

Granted I've since sold a few on as they outlive their usefulness- but I supported the brand as best as I could upon release.

Last night I only preordered 3 of the 6 reveals, and Drag Strip took a bit of a Google image search to convince me that he was worth it....

Something feels slightly off about Generations at the moment. I'm over the moon we are getting Crankcase and Pointblank- but I'm slightly nervous that they might not be that great. There are some really odd design choices being made right now. I can't help but feel that this change coincides with the loss of John Warden.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Woke up hanging this morning. Awards do for a customer last night where all the directors are Sikh. Free bar and some of the best Indian food I’ve ever eaten!

This morning was breakfast followed by a side of pre ordering Kickback and Drag Strip. Mission complete.

• Like Like x 15
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Tidy. My one criticism would be is that it's highly unlikely he'd get two tone transparent parts, the energon shoulder rockets would deffo be in the axe & sword, windshield, side and boob windows red. Very buyable!

The whole July thing is from a certain point of view sensible in the face of the struggling just in time shipping system but also, come on, near half a year away?
    [​IMG]
    Fings crossed for a Wave 5 Christmas!

• Like Like x 6
  16. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Gwar the Mod Butcher

News Credits:
    The elusive duo.

383D9FF0-8294-4C44-9D03-9C0F2195BA67.jpeg

• Like Like x 18
  17. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fingers crossed we get some Bayverse SS you mean :p 

I wonder where this pushes all of the ROTB movie toys? Maybe we won't be seeing them until late Summer and I'm sure that's really something they don't want.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

The big unknown is how many they are planning to redo, over what time period and will their be any height differences to existing combiners. I doubt they will do Piranaking soon, but what if Menasor is much taller? Too many questions still at this stage. Just think how many years it might be to redo them all!

• Like Like x 5
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  20. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    You know it, toxic me up baby.

If you are moving on your UW set best do it now before the price falls through the floor.

I'll be hanging onto my cw guys. Have one set in menasor mode and the other legacy guys as individual bots. Or vice versa. Depending on my mood

• Like Like x 7