The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef! TFW2005 Supporter

I get a Simon Cowell pulled up trousers vibe with this new Prime. Can’t unsee it now…

• Like Like x 11
  2. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    People who are into photo editing and effects may be interested in this Humble bundle - seems like a good deal!

• Like Like x 8
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Did Hasbro announce any Kenner Ghostbusters stuff? I don't want any of the new pish *yells at cloud*

• Like Like x 5
  4. FlyingKato

FlyingKato Well-Known Member

Pre-orders locked in for Skids, Dragstrip and Kickback at C&C.

@Apollux has got me excited to get a look at Blaster now! Hopefully not too long until we see him now, along with an actual store listing for Pipes.

• Like Like x 8
  5. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

Im fairly sure Hasbro will be double and triple checking that all subsequent Galvatrons have correct shoulders. PvP's review said that the shoulders were okay in the gen selects one.

Do you think in 20 years time there will be a generation selects galvatron with deliberately misassembled shoulders?

I see a lot of ER prime in there from the waist and below. ER Prime was too leggy if you ask me.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef! TFW2005 Supporter

I purchased the Hot Soldiers Soundwave/Soundblaster dudes and they are aces.
    There are two more out there that I can’t find at all.
    The clear and comic colours. Anyone gave them and want to sell or at least the cassettes that came with them? Not worried about boxes etc.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

So given it seems there’s a long wait for Legacy, and with a bunch of figures not yet released theres now almost 8 months to release Slammer, Pipes etc. Those final few waves have almost a year in which they can get released, and given the ongoing disruption affecting everything that’s not actually unreasonable.

There’s not many Decepticons/Predacons in the end of Kingdom, so I am happy for a chance to replenish the slush fund and this gives me a few months where beyond a couple of pre existing pre orders (Rainmakers/Black Zarak/SG Jetfire) there’s actually not a lot coming out and even those are probably all going to get pushed back a while longer and give the wallet a break…

• Like Like x 10
  8. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

027EBC25-1503-4BA9-A136-4EA3C303987F.jpeg E40E7951-4638-42C7-987A-BDAC3006C74D.jpeg 5E9A299B-F0B2-4876-948D-71763057CFC8.jpeg 2636E75D-C76D-4F00-9280-208AB74638BD.jpeg

• Like Like x 21
  9. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

• Like Like x 22
  10. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

That is the version that will cost me - just looks better in those colours.

Other than that:

Ravage and Zartan early doors pre-ordered (and confirmation through)
    Galvatron also preordered (though still on the fence - do I really need 3 versions?)

To order:
    Skids
    Dragstrip
    Kickback

Not interested in bulkhead or Arcee.

Sales elsewhere - Still tempted by G2 Sandstorm, but not sure that is the route I want to go down.

Had the awful realisation that I will need to move in around 2 years to be closer to a better school... and which lines do I keep, which do I sell, what needs trimming down a tad. Or do I just buy a house with a bigger office/cellar for converting!

• Like Like x 15
  11. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Well butter me up with Dragstrip and lay it on thick - I'm in.

Read last night that Motormaster maybe Commander Class. I suppose Hasbro were always going to try it on in the same way XTB did with the Monolith trailer. At least these will work out slightly cheaper.

• Like Like x 7
  12. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 7
  13. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Wondering if it’s worth moving on my UW stunticons with the PE kit *before* we see the final set….

Decisions, decisions…..

@MyTea Boc Toxitron? Fuck yes!

• Like Like x 7
  14. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Just gap filling in my collection now. Unless they are stellar leaps forward on what's come before then can't bite on them for marginal gains. Not in to the Drag Strip. Looks to me like a Cyberverse toy. Those clip wheels are properly skank.

• Like Like x 11
  15. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bigger house with collections room / study is the way to go.

Motormaster is 100% confirmed as commander class and with the dragstrip reveal will definately use the trailer/exo skeleton approach.

Sell now. PE kits and PE kitted out CW sets fetch very very good money at the moment.

Prices will drop once more collectors start selling up, I imagine in the new year once legacy approaches and more reveals happen there will be a load back on the market.

Menasor inc the UW giftset was available for a long time and I recall HLJ were still clearing them out in 2017/18 so there are a lot about to re-sell.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 6
  17. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So it took 27 mins to unlock Galvatron last night. By which time I'd expressed my distaste at the £8 import fee with IDT and then FOMO'd (the lack of release on Pulse gave me sell out vibes, as if 12k Unicron backers cried out at once).

IDT seemed to lock up as I paid, so I nipped back here to find it had opened up just after I clicked pay. So I whizzed through Pulse checkout and snagged it there.

IDTstill spinning...back, back, still in cart. Phew.

My Pre Orders... eh? It's there? Checks PayPal, money gone. Checks emails. Both orders confirmed. D'oh!

Fortunately I did the 10% with IDT so even if they kept it it's not the end of the world. But their site says they refund so hopefully not an issue.

Oh, and 11hrs later, it's still there on Pulse. Typical!

Saw that in the Pulse thread not long after the stream (Seth must've seen it and gone to town immediately). Surprised nobody else in here spotted it before this morning, actually.

I wasn't shocked, the black and teal is a given on OP at this point!

• Like Like x 5
  18. Siege Fan

I almost did the same thing last night in terms of FOMO, and somehow IDT's checkout page has a tenuous link with PayPal. Anytime it's spinning it's wheels always check your emails first. Quite often I can't get logged into my IDT account either!

• Like Like x 5
  19. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Morning,

I had the spinning wheel with IDT last night when I was at the checkout paying via paypal.

I had to go back into both paypal and IDT to check the transaction had completed. At one point I thought I had ordered twice through IDT.

I cancelled Pulse orders.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

I find both Pulse and IDT are awkward to get logged into, I’ve had to reset my account a bunch of times. I’ve a few points I could have cashed in with IDT, but in the end free postage regardless of when they arrive won out and I went with Pulse, as they seem pretty sharp so far at payment and billing. So far I’ve not paid any shipping at all even on split preorders, and I don’t have to wait for it all to show up. Just need to not forget to add the money to the slush fund because it’s months away…

• Like Like x 5