The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Vinegar fact = Ferrets hate the smell of it.

Fireworks = Organised events in parks, fine. Allowing randoms to buy them so they can do it in their gardens without a thought for any animal they or neighbours may have I'm less fond of. One of the reasons I moved Ferret HQ inside was because of that kind of thing. Now Rebecca will just bury herself under all her blankets and sleep whilst the racket is going on.

@SJW,
    What @Dobbie said, an OSKO of the Magic Square set.

It's a very good price compared to the legit one but I have the same issue with the car modes, they're too cartoony for my taste and lacking the realism that Newage will bring.

Here's the render of Newage Breakdown,
    NewAge H36 Hitcher Breakdown - Show.Z Store (showzstore.com)

That Countach looks as good as MP12, no mean feat at that scale but they've done it before with their Nissans and Jazz.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    So my willpower lasted all of about 30seconds after that disappointing 1027 stream.

IMG_20211030_125002.jpg

He looks great, I'm likely going to keep the packaging which is an honour in my space starved household.

Glad to see people are as excited about the new Blaster as I am too!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

• Like Like x 26
  3. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Hellraiser (30th Anniversary Edition - Official Animated Video) - YouTube

I'm guessing this is an accurate depiction of what occurred during a typical night out with Ozzy and Lemmy :D 

@barry,
    Whilst my focus on other stuff can be all over the place I seem to be good at the self care thing, got to be careful I don't confuse it with self love 'cos that apparently leads to blindness :D 

Football again later. Hoping for a Ronaldo goal but Spurs to get about 5 as I don't want Ole to fluke his way to staying in the job like he's done several times previously.

If they lose all the next 3 games then the club have a 2 week international break to replace him......@MyTea Boc's cake based philosophy deserves a chance!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  4. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Another 30 years of progress pic of the best non-comic version of Batman, and whilst he newest McFarlane figure has the best articulation its proportions are all wrong, the DC Collectibles version is clearly the most show accurate but at the time the original figure was so darn good:
    [​IMG]2021-10-30_01-09-13 by Martyn Lesbirel, on Flickr

• Like Like x 12
  5. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

News Credits:
    I’m delighted to see you caved and did the sensible thing. It’s a lovely thing.

I, too, am delighted with the Blaster news.

• Like Like x 7
  6. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    The Smyths discount selection process seems to entirely be based on: is it out of stock in Jspaced’s area? Great then knock it down to peanuts.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

8. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

• Like Like x 3
  9. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Stupid sexy Hercules 1: IMG_20211030_133451.jpg

"Hey! Give that back!"

"You have the man-tan, but I have ALL the Power,"

In my headcannon Herc gets drunk with Skippi and the Recorder and wakes up on Eternia.....where hilarity ensues.

Blaster when? And how?

• Like Like x 14
  10. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

I don't get it... if they bothered to paint the lights, why are all lights yellow? I assume they are aiming for Sunbow accuracy?

At least, Kapow has in stock some great stuff:
    - MCFARLANE TOYS BATMAN 1966 THE JOKER
    - MARVEL LEGENDS DOCTOR STRANGE SUPREME WHAT IF?
    - STAR WARS THE BLACK SERIES GALEN ERSO ROGUE ONE

I always wanted a Galen Erso, it's like a dream come true. I wonder if it fits inside Kingdom Ultra Magnus.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Not a clue, no real interest myself other than a Legacy version.

• Like Like x 2
  12. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

That retro Hercules headsculpt is one for the ages, really does the character justice.

Rebecca ferret is in an amiable mood as she allowed her claws to be trimmed with minimal fuss and then sat there licking up salmon oil from my hand with the slightly glazed eyes of someone really enjoying something, a bit like me when I'm devouring pie & chips with gravy :D 

@barry,
    Dad's gotten quite adept at stepping in to shut my Mum's BS down because he's as sick of it as I am. Just this morning he had to do so again when I made a casual comment about what type of ferrets I'd like to get in the future once Rebecca's gone (I really like the angora breed as they're super fluffy) which prompted Mum to start off on a rant about how "You're not having any more whilst I have any say" at which point I said "Good thing you don't have any say then" and walked off.

EDIT,
    @Brum Bot,
    New RVD pre-orders,
    Rob Van Dam (RVD) (Tiger Stripes) - WWE Elite 91 WWE Toy Wrestling Action Figure by Mattel! (ringsidecollectibles.com)

(Chase Variant Ying Yang) Rob Van Dam (RVD) - WWE Elite 91 WWE Toy Wrestling Action Figure by Mattel! (ringsidecollectibles.com)

Will probably just go for the tiger stripe one as I'm not familiar with the attire for the other one.

I also like the 2002 Hogan in that wave but will wait for the eventual Ultimate Edition version of that attire.

• Like Like x 11
  13. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :confused: 
    Who was it who started stripping a Netflix Sideswipe back to grey? What happened to that stripped soldier? Keen to see what became of him! :cool: 

• Like Like x 5
  14. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Experimenting with mould making, trying the silicone sealent and cornflour method. Tried some old white stuff I had spare first and that didn't work, didn't think it would tbh.
    received_313445600218524.jpeg Now in trying the clear stuff as advised and it seems to be coming along nicely
    received_628243508196601.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  15. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    This can get in my mouth!……..

See what I did there? ;) 

Was this from Sword in the Stone?

Like the Tiger Stripe one - it reminds me of his excellent Hardcore title win over Jeff Hardy at Invasion 2001. When people finally saw how good he was on the biggest stage (I’d loved him on ECW for a while).

Also, had Gremlins on in the background while pumpkin carving this morning…. Glanced up at the end credits……

And I was today years old when I realised that Space Dad himself, Peter Cullen, did voice work on it.

It just got cooler. :cool: 

• Like Like x 8
  16. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I didn't really know what ECW was until the Invasion angle as I'd not had cable TV for the meat of the Monday Night Wars and RVD stood out as having a very different style as he wasn't all about using weapons and furniture like a lot of the ECW originals....he did sometimes but it was more about the athleticism and his kicks always looked like they hurt people which I think they did in some cases.

It's also intresting how his stoner persona got him into hot water with Vince but times have changed to the point where he's able to have his own strand of weed! :D 

• Like Like x 4
  17. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ooh is that a Combiner Wars noggin? Air Raid? :confused:  Whatcha makin'?

• Like Like x 4
  18. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    His stoner attitude alone didn't get him in trouble, it was getting arrested for driving while under the influence while he was the champ, and then trying to cut an "I'm Rob Van Dam" promo on the arresting officer that got him in trouble. He was never going to recover from that and his good credit for the success of the One Night Stand events soon expired.

Have met him. Lovely chap, but you can take the wrestler out of the indie fed, but you can't take the indie fed out of the wrestler.

His best stuff was with Jerry Llyn/Lynn. If you've only seen his WWE stuff, hunt them out. Each match progresses the story beautifully.

• Like Like x 10
  19. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    A little gallery of Rung. He's imperfect, but incredible fun.

PicsArt_10-30-03.09.48.jpg
    PicsArt_10-30-03.31.05.jpg
    PicsArt_10-30-03.13.14.jpg
    PicsArt_10-30-03.29.09.jpg
    PicsArt_10-30-03.32.27.jpg
    PicsArt_10-30-03.19.57.jpg
    PicsArt_10-30-03.21.36.jpg

Quick word of warning for current and future adopters of the divine orange pencil, as the last picture shows he comes with an absolutely tiny spare pair of glasses which are not only easy to lose but easy to accidentally inhale. Take care!

• Like Like x 23
  20. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

That's true, I just know he rubbed management the wrong way as he'd turn up for shows smelling of weed, he's mentioned various McMahon's getting on his case for that over the years.

I've seen some of the Jerry Lynn matches which I enjoyed although I wonder if they're at least partially to blame for the degeneration of the overall style to today's overly contrived gymnastic routines although I'd be more of a mind to blame the luchas for that because none of that stuff ever made any sense.

EDIT,
    Mattel - Ringsidefest 2021 Day 2 Reveals! (toynewsi.com)

Already ordered the Ultimate Edition WMVI Ultimate Warrior a few weeks ago despite wishing it had a swappable chest plate without the paint, 3 all new heads and the gorilla press hands from the recent WM12 Elite.

BAF Vince likeness is pish. Another crappy Bret :rolleyes: 

Mean Mark is one for the Undertaker completists.

I really like the Edge figure in the wave, even the coat looks good but no chance of owning one for a sane price as no UK seller gets the Legends figures and even Ringside Collectibles in the US don't get them.

• Like Like x 6