The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. kaijubot-uk

kaijubot-uk Keep Running

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Is it bad I'm more excited about Iguanus on the banner than any of the actual toy reveals? (Also the hypothetical Flamewar repaint of Arcee that no source has actually mentioned yet).

• Like Like x 10
  2. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, they pulled a 'are we still on?' and the thing they wheeled in was clearly a full sized Proton Pack. I assume it'll be tooled up with lights and sounds with realistic materials and deco

• Like Like x 3
  3. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe it'll connect to the replica wand they made before.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Ooh, which banner?

• Like Like x 6
  5. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I like that all these years after signal flare came with that energon pizza cutter we're finally getting an energon pizza with laser prime.

Disappointed there was no blaster or menasor reveal but dragstrip, kickback and laser prime all look pretty good.

Not interested in the exclusives and the 'entertainment' panel was a wash.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, bit of confusion, should have worded better!

Does anyone want to split a Reformatted Galvatron pack? I just want the mini figures :p 

• Like Like x 7
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Nevermind, I was wondering who the purple lizard was earlier and that went right out of my head - D'OH!

• Like Like x 5
  8. kaijubot-uk

kaijubot-uk Keep Running

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The one on the TFW2005 frontpage.

Apparently crossposted.

• Like Like x 4
  9. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In theory that should happen but more people are servicing debt from studies, delaying having kids till older ages, rising property prices and tougher requirements to purchase property let alone closure of defined benefit pension schemes means that people are not in that position sadly.

When reaching that age they are still ploughing money into clearing mortgages and building up retirement funds as well as being the bank of mum and dad.

Need better financial education and promote in schools

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

Edit: It never ends!
    Thought we were all virgins who lived in the basement of our parents?

(that would mean a lot of disposable income even if paying rent out of respect)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  11. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Was my thought too... I thought I'd give the stream a look and by chance came in the end of the GB bit so didn't see the hint image.

:lolol 
    I can see why he's so popular.

:p 

I'm sure a 3P will have an eye searing LED along presently.

I burst out laughing at that :lol  and the character who won doesn't have a toy announced yet. Bravo Hasbro, way to read your audience! :thumb 

Thanks for that. Didn't want to stay up waiting on Pulse.

Me! Though mostly for his STUFF. Dark Matrix for Revenant Prime, micro figs for the Ark bridge, starships to swoosh around... and I don't have a Galvatron yet.

...and Napalm just gave me a perfect explanation for just having that version, nice! :D 

So yeah, of those only one I'm 99% sure of is Arcee because well fembot, though man, she looks weird with a nose! I probably will have her be some other character though. Though she kind of looks like a mashup of G1 Arcee and Prime Arcee with the broader torso. Also the line about a 90s bike makes me wonder if she is also a pretool for a RotB Arcee?
    Though, with her being the first fig from a leaked list who specifically had Prime in her name (unlike Bulkhead) honestly the nosification has me less enthused about the Prime figs. Rather than do Prime Aesthetics with modern engineering, it appears to be assimilating Prime characters with G1 Aesthetics. Not that that's a bad thing but it's not what I had been hoping for in a line like this. Fingers crossed APC toys continue Primus' work...
    Kickback is a maybe. Bulkhead is an only if heavily discounted as I literally only want his weapons. No interest in Skids or Dragstrip, though a CHUG version of female Dragstrip would be a different story :D  Already said about Galvatron.. no interest in Laser Optimus either.

Also is it just me or are the new style boxes a lot like the Shattered Glass boxes?

Edit:
    !!! Good call! Fingers crossed for Flamewar!

• Like Like x 7
  12. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

I paraphrased that from "The Rules of Money", from the semi-autoironic series of "Richard Templar". It's a mix between time travel sci-fi and Boomer Erotica.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I keep virgins in my basement purely to fuck with Hasbro's research. And Google. Plus Amazon think they're soooo clever...

• Like Like x 6
  14. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef! TFW2005 Supporter

They charge everything they need to upfront so as long as you don’t go over the £135 in Euros you will be absolutely fine. I buy from them regularly and no issues.

• Like Like x 3
  15. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Quite like the look of all the reveals. Prime probably the least, due to the windowless box of QC doom and I'm not sure whats going on with the way his arms tuck up behind the cab in alt mode. Kind of looks a bit messy, but probably an improvement on the siege magnus mould.

Just had an email from Sonner appear in my inbox. Thought at first it might be the reply to last week's email enquiring about Rodimus after being told 2 weeks ago he was due last week...

But no. General advertising and a blog post about the challenges and success of 2020-21.

Fair enough. And it sounds like they've really got the short end of the stick, being relatively small and new to the online thing. Also sounds like a few customers being real tail pipes about delays. Not on.

Some slight reassurance re preorders, though - "I would like to emphasise the point that all pre-orders are guaranteed, if we cannot supply an item we will cancel orders"

So. Erm... Yeah. Guaranteed. Unless they're not.

I'll not be cancelling yet, but definitely not placing any more preorders with them...

• Like Like x 6
  16. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funnily enough I had originally typed that the baby boomer generation like my parents have been lucky (although that doesn’t go down well with my mum when I say that) and she will retort saying that both her and my dad had to graft. They were not given things on a plate. She constantly says the youth of today expect to go straight in at the top whether that is in respect of jobs or property. Spend for the day and not save like they did. Everything is on credit and living beyond your means.

Given my day job is around financial planning and tax mitigation I get rather tired reading journals/ publications / financial press and what not. I will have to look at “The Rules of Money”. Sounds like a great read .

• Like Like x 5
  17. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You use Hasbro research for that? I tend to use something else, but to each his own!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Pin

Pin Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Drag Strip's rear wheels look as though they don't reach the ground in car mode. Hopefully this is just a side-effect of the strange blob grippers beneath them in the video. The vehicle modes of Bulkhead and Skids also look as though they're nosediving into the ground. Weird.

Not that it matters much, but the "Legacy" lettering has taken the boxes on a hideous trip down Krull/Dragonslayer/Narnia Bumwipe Avenue.

19. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've only just noticed is has this been the default image for HighBrow the whole time?

upload_2021-10-22_19-48-54.png

• Like Like x 13
  20. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

That stopped being a question when they started banning users for posting pictures of Nicee.

• Like Like x 6