The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@Ottertron,
    Cheers for the info, my nearest Asda's slightly out of the way but not overly so as it'd be about 15 minutes on a bus or I could probably walk there in an hour or so by which point I'd probably need something sugary to eat :D 

@MyTea Boc,
    "Press 3 for guinea pigs making cute squeaking noises, 4 for the sound that emanates from humans when a ferret tucks into an uncovered foot" :D 

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

4FDDC2D1-2761-4E1D-A518-5251BA8C7856.jpeg £25 this does not look awful, the paint apps are actually pretty solid, but the box is massive. There’s some remoulding visible on the weapons, the swords on vortex have a weird handle but unless they are shampoo bottle plastic quality £25 looks pretty great.

• Like Like x 10
  3. kgorman79

kgorman79 WAVE POUNDER

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Here's a few more off the beaten track recomendations.

Zeal & Ardor are currently kicking my ass at the moment. They're metal, along with about 5 other genres and all together it's absolutely brilliant.

Heard this which blew me away:

Then found this complete live show and was hooked.

Also loving the new Melvins acoustic album

And you can't go wrong with Igorrr

Even if anyone here doesn't like heavy music, they should watch the Very Noise Video above just purely for the experience.

• Like Like x 9
  4. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

I didn't know you had a fetish for blue nipples

• Like Like x 2
  5. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Wait... they gave Megatron that line in the comic? Or are they listening in? :eek: 

What did you do? Try to buy a toy? :rolleyes: 

Two guns are ALWAYS better on Transformers!

Huh, neat! The brown/copperly look made me think 'Steampunk Megatron!'

Out of curiosity, how big are those old Prime Cyberverse figs compared to say their Deluxe brethren? Is Commander like Legends sized?

You're trying to wear me down on this guy. I'm cautiously optimistic for some of the other decos like a Skywarpy deco or one of the more distinct from Screamer's colourscheme from the Seeker Swarm.

Maybe @Red leader could help?

"Press 1 for Classical, Press 2 for Smooth Jazz, Press 3 for Pop, Press 5 for Rap, Press 666 for DEATH METAL :music :rock !!!!"

Like Prime RiD Bumblebee...

Grats on the Ark! Sounds like they might have sent it in the shipping box. I think @Genetic said they come two a box from Hasbro?
    Mine on the other hand came in an Air Purifier box from @Apollux :D  Thanks again! <3

Speaking of Arks, I think I am leaning more to calling the Titan 'Vanguard' after the class of ship the Ark is, and 'Mainframe' being Teletraan-1. The Ark is the name of Vanguard's alt mode ;) 

THAT'S A BIG LETTERBOX! :jawdropper: 

That explains some of the mysterious packages I've had which I haven't ordered yet...

Wow, those don't look bad for third party figs! I'm amused by it seemingly suggesting forming the combiner is not defending the planet :lolol 

Speaking of non TF TFs, I really am tempted to give some of those Miniforce transforming figures from China a look sometime...

• Like Like x 11
  6. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    @Xaran Alamas yeah Commader is roughly legends. However does not have the same artculation. Megs can't move his head. They're roughly analogous to RiD2015's Legion guys. Small and cheap. They retailed for about £5-£8 IIRC.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Smyths board meeting about their online sales:

Gremlin-2.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  8. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Well, TFS-Express are getting FT Soundwave in a week tomorrow and the tapes are due a month later, so, I'm guessing Kapow's will be here a week or so after that. Expensive month!!!

@Lothar Hex - if you haven't already, get onto Yob. Incredible band.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Based on recent experiences, how likely is it that preorders for Legacy wave 1 will open just after the panel? (I'm not a Pulse member, so I'm thinking Kapow/IDT/C&C/etc.)

I see there's an Avalon Hill panel later at the same con - hoping for a Heroquest shipping update!

Still back and forth on whether I'll play Heroquest or just sell it to fund more Transformers. I was genuinely caught up in the reboot enthusiasm this time last year, but now I'm starting to think selfish, mercenary, ebay-flipper-bastard thoughts. Even though they've confimed they'll throw the final stretch goal in despite the funding not quite getting there!

• Like Like x 5
  10. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

@Genetic big applause for having the NHS discount on Gear 4 Geeks!

• Like Like x 10
  11. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    If prev events are anything to go by it'll be just after the event.

BUT, if any of the previous 6 or so years are anything to go by, you'll likely be seeing wave 1s on clearance a few months down the line, so IMO not worth losing sleep over those preorders.

• Like Like x 8
  12. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

I'm sure I saw somewhere yesterday that the HasCon reveals go live at 9pm UK time on Saturday for Premium members and then 10pm for all.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

I got the Blast Off and Brawl when they were sold individually. They're not the worst knockoffs, but they're not great either. Blast Off worked better but I was surprised that the weapon pegs were increased in size along with the fists, as often OSKOs keep 5mm ports so they can throw in random extra accessories with them. No such luck. The plastic is a little flimsy.

The big leak reveal suggested a Thundercracker at some point this year, which I would presume is going to be from this version of the mould rather than Blitzwing, but it could go either way. Personally I'm pretty much okay for regular seekers now, so I'd rather it was a new guy than another form of an old guy.

Monkey's Paw wish would be Sunstorm from the Blitzwing version of the mould. But that's long odds.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Genodectes

Best customer service I’ve dealt with from well over a dozen sellers, so this doesn’t surprise me one bit.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

If I can sell something this week I reckon I'll check these out. Might be fun for painting at least

• Like Like x 3
  16. Genodectes

That was why I started nabbing the giant ones, this is more reasonable and if I hadn’t just reordered Galvatron and Hotlink I’d have got a set. I might have to check the budget and see if they are still there later this week

• Like Like x 4
  17. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Scorponoks are going to be arriving next week by the looks of it if anyone is still missing the big Titan. I've got a lot coming this time so they might last a little longer.

I imagine the preorders will open afterwards as listings with distribution has just gone live without pictures.

Thank you! Anyone who works for the NHS please let me know so I can change your account on the site. When you log in everything automatically reduces in price (it was the thing I was working on last week when I mentioned automating things) so there's no need for a code. The discount isn't massive cause the markup on toys sucks but it's just a small thank you.

Thank you! I'm getting all flushed! :) 

• Like Like x 17
  18. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What a discount on KD Rodimus at Smyths!

• Like Like x 5
  19. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Wait you don't?

Just saw the news about Jack angel.

Rip you velvet voiced legend
    PicsArt_10-19-06.33.01.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  20. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Little creeped out actually. I was noodling about with pictures last night and did this one (didn't plan on posting as I thought it was a bit naff).
    PicsArt_10-19-12.01.47.jpg
    Creepy coincidence.

• Like Like x 11