The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Only ones I can see are all £30+... at that point I might as well buy a new one.

• Like Like x 4
  2. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Just spent half an hour on hold trying to get through to the doctors to arrange a diabetes review so I can re-order my medication and eventually got one arranged for a week on Thursday so am now slightly irritated due to the music and hearing the same recorded messages over & over :mad: 

Got messages that the 2 t-shirts I ordered for my WWE figures have shipped and should be here Thursday.

@Genetic,
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully distribution will be improved with future store Exclusives as Cobra Island was a complete shitshow.....totally missed Beach Head so hoping he gets another release.

• Like Like x 7
  3. BigBlueLuke

BigBlueLuke Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Man - the more that I see that MP10, the more I want one, haha! Awesome photo!

• Like Like x 6
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Well, that early delivery of my TFSafari bits has freed up the day a bit!

Ultra Swagnus...
    DSC_0101.jpeg DSC_0102.jpeg
    A trepidatious first punt with YYW Upgrades but on this evidence I may look to their filler solutions again, I did wonder about repainting a slightly wan white coat BUT it turns out the shade does match the pylon sides fine (though some additional white at the top lip was better for matching that bit).

Highly impressed with the inner chest Matrix rest, it's so smooth I'm not entirely sure whether it's injection (or otherwise) moulded rather than printed?
    It went in very easy, not so sure how getting it out to put a Matrix in at some point will be if I decide I want to do that?
    Bonus that it hides the obvious back of robot head in truck mode though.
    DSC_0103.jpeg
    Please ignore the fact that Sh!tcam failed me on the focus front, seems it did that last split-second defocus on me and I hadn't noticed until uploading, BAH!

The YYW-12B Siege Ratchet rifle/waldo arm launcher is less impressive on the finish front (rough/obvious print striations, bit gunmetally for Ratchet as I intend with a bit of not-sure-if-intentional Siege schmutz on the missile/welding blaster - it'd be alright if I was giving it to Ironhide) BUT still solid on essentials like actually fitting in Ratchet's fists and other ports.
    Also that does mean I have the original-feet to jetpack/roof sled hover thrusters conversion bits going spare if anyone is interested?

TBC once I get round to assessing the MW SS86 Jazz gear!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  5. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Yeah of course. Shoot me a PM on here just so I know it was you who wanted it, no commitment to buy or anything, it's just I'll forget who wanted it otherwise.

It's what killed the line for me as a collector - couldn't get the Viper which was what I wanted most, then the Cobra Infantry repaint and Firefly so I gave up. Plus there are too many Joes and not enough Cobra.

I cracked and bought one last week.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Oh-HO!
    Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 11.10.40.png

• Like Like x 13
  8. Prescient

News Credits:
    Kingdom Galvatron at £33, Siege Hotlink at £30.....

Ooo
    Looks like this is going to be a good one.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Divebomb

Divebomb "Not without incident"

Kapow Toys have a recent batch in of this one, originally an SDCC exclusive in 2019:

Transformers X Ghostbusters MP10G Masterpiece SDCC Optimus Prime & Slimer - Kapow Toys

With prices for Transformers rising, it seemed to me that £100 for the cab and trailer was a really good deal. You'd barely get an MP Autobot car for that these days.

If you also like Ghostbusters, it is a steal. Several people on the thread have posted much better pics than me of the set, I think the general consensus is Buy.

• Like Like x 11
  10. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Same here!

Is this vintage Primal? Is he one of the ones Smyths discounted if so?

Yup, buy!

• Like Like x 6
  11. Prescient

News Credits:
    As soon as the new film hits, ghostbusters nostalgia will full peak.

With the new film providing proper continuity from GBII, sets like MP10G will sell out very quickly and prices rise sharply.

SDCC sets often do this. Too many produced, price too high initially, seem quite niche and some can take years to sell through them suddenly stock dries up and prices skyrocket.

Titan SDCC Fortress Maximus and Devastator are great examples of this. Fort Max hit as low as £60 new over here (A1 toys iirc) at one stage.

• Like Like x 6
  12. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

MP vs SS Grimlock is an interesting comparison. There's definitely stuff the SS version does better (more stable feeling robot mode, easier transformation, doesn't have that weird floppy waist bit) but there's also a fair bit that the MP does better. The changing eye gimmick is good, the dino arm articulation is better, and I like things like how he has thrusters in all modes (in his feet and on his back) that aren't blocked off by other bits. Plus the sword and crown are nice. It's a similar situation with Hot Rod... both versions have plus and minuses and to me there's no "this one is definitely better than the other".

If only there was a guarantee that the Galvatron would have the fixed arms... although at this point I wonder if I should just wait for the toy-coloured version.

• Like Like x 7
  13. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I got lucky and got 1 Viper, in an ideal world I would have liked a squad of 4 but I wasn't paying over the odds for them. It's been a decent line in terms of figure quality but a pain in the arse to collect.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I clicked on the Google link... :rolleyes: 

Screenshot_20211019-115850_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  15. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

literally what I just ordered because I screwed up my first Galvatron taking the gunk off and his plastic suffered very badly. So on the positive side I can now equip new Galvatron with double guns

• Like Like x 6
  16. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Welcome the newest Megatron and #deskbot, Prime Cyberverse (not that one) Commander Unicron Megatron, Esquire, thanks to @Seeaich but not Royal Mail.

20211019_093519.jpg

Had the original Commander years ago but he broke. Since then I have got APC Toys but wanted at least a version of the lil guy.

He is very brown.

brown.gif

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  17. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

PicsArt_10-19-12.02.12.png
    Seriously. He's Acid Storm. We all know that Thrust is a purple bike bot anyway.

If anyone else has been on the fence over this mould and reluctant to get yet another Starscream, I can thoroughly recommend this fella. The alt mode isn't quite as strong as the robot mode but it's still pretty great. Both modes have so much intricacy and detail they're great to look at. Fingers crossed for a Blitzwing redeco before too long.

• Like Like x 12
  18. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Ultra Swagnus indeed. I was on the fence about that set but I think you've just pushed me off. The pillars look fantastic.

• Like Like x 4
  19. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    HUZZAH!
    No thanks to you, Pat!
    [​IMG]
    Hope you had a soft landing! £9 squid-ish ain't the cheapest but, yeah, some Sexy Results!

• Like Like x 6