The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also, the Marketing woman did say something big on the way in regarding to the guy's Blaster t-shirt, so I expect the Premium event to show him off, personally

• Like Like x 7
  2. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@MyTea Boc,
    Cheers Brian, I'm still feeling a bit weird but more reassured that it's not what I thought it could be.

There is an announcement I'm itching for but not toy related.

It involves a former United player with a bit of a temper, some dags and the present squad :D 

Titans = I had Trypticon and Fort Max for a bit but resold/traded them, the latter for Scorponok who's been my favourite.

Having never had any of those characters as a kid it's nice being able to experience them and the chunk factor is off the scale, I've just not really used them with my 3rd party Legends as much as I planned and haven't gone for any others due to the space they take up and not wanting to buy upgrade kits....the stuff for Scorpy looks great but those kits are a chunk of one of my Hot Toys pre-orders.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  3. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

But on a happy note, damn does everyone’s favourite titanic evil scorpion robot look amazing… The black, gold, red and teal look phenomenal and I’m glad I’ve got him a little army of Fasttracks and his bling buddy.

OG Skorponok was a massive sentimental favourite of mine, he was the toy that made me friends when we had to move across the country and leave all my family and friends behind, and while I missed out on the Titan version I actually really like the black version at this massive size. I do think I might end up needing the various upgrade kits though as the shoulder guns are calling me….

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  4. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

The Pulse Premium event is tomorrow - it's 10pm UK time though.

Don't know if that means pre-orders will go up at 11pm/Midnight? Or if it will be stuff that goes up on Thursday/Friday at 6pm...

( Assuming there is stuff that will be announced and then goes up! )

• Like Like x 6
  5. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

Set(s) of gold cannons from DNA will be hard to resist.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

Yeah….

• Like Like x 4
  7. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Zarak looks fantastic.......but I'm in no hurry to have him arrive and cause yet more reshuffling of the cramped and overloaded Titan Display Area (AKA that corner of the middle room without shelves) - I wasn't allowed to have Shogun Warriors as a kid, this is why.

There's another Event tomorrow night for Pulse? Erm.......why? Wasn't Friday/Sat the time to do all that?

Anyhoo, hoping that Blaster/Pipes/Slammer gets the green light from this though.

Brussel Sprouts in excess lead to .......... IMG_20211026_103219.jpg

Every Franchise needs a Swamp Thing obviously. Glad I waited for him and Evil Linda to get reduced. Now to decide on getting a Battle-tabby now, or chancing that getting a sale drop too.

• Like Like x 12
  8. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fortress Maximus, like Generations Metroplex is not actually a great toy. Yes they are giant robots and look cool on display as a static figure but they are a floppy mess.

Once they iterated to omega supreme (inc Scorponok and Ark) they had completely reworked the joint and ratchet design.

Honestly, there is much more play value in omega supreme and the ark. Especially at current prices you could have both for the price of a Fortress Maximus.

I caved and bought The Ark. My topcashback has tracked too.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Got Cat off Amazon for £33 or something, he goes on and off sale all the time. I'd definitely wait.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Poor Jolt has been done again. Awful mold, with loose ball joints for arms.

20211026_141153.JPG
    20211026_141706.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  11. GrahamFA

GrahamFA Well-Known Member

Thanks - I’m so torn, I suspect much of the time it’ll be in sprawled play set mode, but definitely don’t want to shell out on a floppy mess that can’t support its own weight. That would suck big time.

• Like Like x 6
  12. danlevan

danlevan Well-Known Member

I finally got a refund from my order with them the other day. Took two chasers before I did, but once it got to what I presume to be the accounts people for them to process the refund replies were suddenly within an hour.

• Like Like x 4
  13. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if there is a difference between the Hasbro and the Takara but both my Fort Max and Grand Max are pretty solid builds that hold poses and transform well. Sure, if I hold the torso and shake it violently the legs will eventually start to flop around as some of the joints are friction when they should have been ratchet joints, but honestly I don't shake my toys violently. I felt the Max mold was a big improvement on Metroplex, and while the joints are definitely improved with Scorpy and Omega, that wouldn't stop me owning Fort Max. Plus the Japanese one plays the Headmasters theme which is one of the most baller features I've seen in a modern toy.

The Ark I really enjoy but is a step down in quality again with hollowness, and short cuts, with some odd joint choices.

• Like Like x 14
  14. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

On the plus side of the recent postage issues my SSZ TEMPOP shipping info has appeared on the RM tracking site, no delivery date but its at least showing up, which hopefully means its not vanished into the ether

• Like Like x 1
  15. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's crazy value.

My bit for titan enablement. Having bought The Ark earlier today, I decided to check and Omega Supreme is now out of stock in most Smyths toys. This can mean x 1 still on the shelf sometimes or not. It's also sold out on all UK independents that I checked plus BBTS.

I presume this is likely the last time Omega will be issued, it's a long time since his release as original WfC Siege line and reissues only appeared en mass more recently due to shipping and production delays iirc. Last time the price went painfully high when he was sold out.

I had procrastinated on Omega Supreme since deciding to get him again the other week as my local stores still had several in each. Not anymore though, these sold out quick as has Siege Jetfire. After a bit of travelling, I managed to get the last one today, hidden up high behind some Arks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  16. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    I'm glad you survived!

But in all seriousness I'd have reacted the same, no large spiders/frogs/animals in NZ.

Saw a fox in my garden last autumn and was mesmerized.
    Still occasionally find watching squirrels mildly interesting.

Why yes NZ is a dull place to grow up, how did you know?

• Like Like x 10
  17. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

NZ is the only place I’ve ever seen a hedgehog that wasn’t flat!

• Like Like x 6
  18. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Apropos of nothing but this is all that's on my mind at the moment. o_O 

upload_2021-10-26_15-15-46.png

Cue that pining Wolverine meme lol

• Like Like x 14
  19. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Clench and Pyro deserve their own molds with proper separate weapon stations. Doubt it will happen though.

Has it really been 11 years since the Botcon ones? Blimey.

• Like Like x 9
  20. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Just got my shipping notice from ShowZ for Robot Hero 'Airwofl' Big Spring and Archecore Frost Light :D 

Just waiting on PX Grimlock to ship and the dreaded balance request for FT Soundwave from Kapow and that's me done for preorders until next year, as far as I'm aware.

All this talk of Titans serves to remind me that snoozing and losing is deeply irritating as I kept putting off getting Fort Max until he was no longer a viable option :S

• Like Like x 5