The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    :lol  Badger man would be called Doug, he'd come with the title deeds to a stately home or a shovel, possibly both. Dormouse person would be asleep and come with two bags of PG Tips, or possibly a chimp that rides on its back and spits fire over its shoulder. Peacock man would have a tail accessory with little mirrors for the "eyes". Sandwich maker bouncer man would be in a suit with a removable apron and come with two butter knives. Naturally the fans would buy all of them. :D 

I stupidly looked up photos of Masterverse toys after seeing Stinkor. Fisto looks amazing and I saw some better shots of Skeletor and Evil-Lyn. Alas, my local Smyths has fallen into a Time Hole and is back in the past full of bewildered customers who want these new amazing playthings but are distraught at the new amazing prices. So I can't go there even if it does claim to have such toys in it. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 8
  2. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

You've gone down a rabbit hole in your wish list I can't follow, I was imagining them all combined into a freakish chimera/household appliance hybrid. Beyond reasonable and good taste.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    Even better. I'd buy that for a dollar! Heck, people would army-build them. Even if some of the heads fell off.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It will be plastered all over here and the Sightings thread when it gets discounted. I wouldn't worry about missing it

• Like Like x 4
  5. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Other than it going out of stock.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

I'd go for something as batty as that

• Like Like x 4
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    If they manage to upscale/enhance the POTP head the way they have with Slaug it'll be rayght! ;) 
    Argos are now a part of Sainsbury's so I suspect our learned colleague may be correct in the assessment, AFAIK catalogue stock was always about getting plenty of volume of stock in, bulk buying for lower per unit costs, and yer supermarkets are usually the same as they want to encourage folks in one-stop shopping, I'd say I suspect their toy sales are mostly loss-leaders but, hoo, boy, not by Sainsbug's regular prices! It's not certain but it is highly probable.

How's you're Sunday morning been, Chris?

Doot Doot Doot Doot, Doot Doot...
    DSC_0093.jpeg DSC_0092.jpeg DSC_0094.jpeg
    I was gonna dub him "Powerflash" as Powertrain + Ultra Flash but, you know, the Action Master of that name already exists so let's go with "Powertrakk", yeah?
    No, wait, if I'm running with MASKromasters have the abilities of their "original" drivers' let's say FLASHTRACK! (I know Rhino had two pilots but I'm sticking with a G1 Bio-ish, you get ONE special power - that's it! And Gravity powers are some OP powerset shit!)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  8. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    Surely MicroMASKers?

• Like Like x 10
  9. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Anybody got Brainstorm and Mindwipe they wanna sell?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    God-DAMMIT!

Yes.

• Like Like x 17
  11. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

Finally got through to a person in chat after telling the bot I didn’t have a US phone.
    They’re doing a partial refund due to poor packaging which is acceptable given the state of the box.

Did you get that sorted in the end?

• Like Like x 6
  12. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

I think I’ve headcanoned that the Quintessons invade Cybertron with their device from Nightmare Planet and the Transformers were trying to think of a harmless thing .. something that could never ever possibly destroy them

• Like Like x 9
  13. Botnanza

Botnanza One of those nerds with the 3D printer

Has anyone got any tiny turbo changers they’re selling/willing to sell there’s a few that I’m really interested in but they’re hard to come by

• Like Like x 2
  14. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Haha, those instructions are awesome! Didn't know mp10g had that in.

The dna instructions on their kit for base mode sucks, so i did my own.
    20211017_152709.jpg

Long range artillary cannons to counter Max's, ironically same place and position i put Max's shin guns in base mode. An entrance gate at the top of the ramp with some armouring around the knee joints and Spinister is demonstrating the portable barricade for base defense. And should a defensive posture be needed, the gate can drop to barricade off the main ramp.
    20211017_152742.jpg

Just need to scatter bits of Roritchi around and get Fasttrack in one of the garages.

• Like Like x 15
  15. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

Sainsbury’s are weird for toys, I’ve seen them heavily discount Lego, LOL, and other brands that usually don’t get price reductions, and I’ve also seen them run 3 for 2 sales at Christmas including those items. (My nephew loved Lego and was able to get him loads of Ninjago a few years back). But I’ve also seen them selling things way higher than other stores, so it’s an odd pricing structure. Having worked at Argos, and with a few people I know still working there the structure was always about holding minimum stock, random selections, and rapid turnover of deliveries. Not sure how that will be now they have basically become a pick up point at Sainsbury’s though

• Like Like x 8
  16. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just caught up with the thread after not reading for 48 hours or so; sorry if I was stingy with the Likes, we're not all as generous as barry or doucoo I'm afraid :D  I do think you're all pretty great though!

Anyone with MP08 Grimlock, can you tell me if he can be forced into a modern realistic dinosaur pose at all? i.e. a T-shape, where the tail counterbalances the neck, rather than the Godzilla-style upright pose? I am still mulling over what my ultimate Dinobot lineup might be, and while Cacus looks utterly magnificent he is also pretty hefty which would limit my choices when filling the rest of the gang out, especially as I'd want Sludge to be the tallest.

• Like Like x 12
  17. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

That survey- was that the one that had the picture of Optimus Prime without the faceplate at the end?

• Like Like x 3
  18. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can anyone do a side by side of Kingdom Galvatron with a RED figure? Preferably Megatron, but not essential

• Like Like x 2
  19. jhs8swd

jhs8swd Well-Known Member

He can quite happily not look quite so lumbering, but the tail is always going to point up so he's a little bit banana-y. He'll happily balance in whatever pose, even with his head practically touching the ground. Thanks for asking the question - you've reminded me how much I enjoy this figure! This one is the original Takara one - and is SO MUCH tighter than the Hasbro one that has sat on my desk at work for the last few years...

IMG_0227[1].JPG

• Like Like x 18
  20. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perfect, thank you! I have already found that he'll look pretty great in my IDW1-heavy CHUG collection in robot mode, being just a bit taller eyeline-wise than old Leaders like CW Ultra Magnus and T30 Jetfire. Now I know he'd also look good enough in alt mode :) 

• Like Like x 7