The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Ooof tough one. I'd probably wait for an MP 52 reissue and reviews that at least guarantee a better fit than the first release.

My reasons are threefold...

1) I enjoy a wholesome release--meaning I really like when a figure comes with all the extra parts, stands, blast effects and faces that MP52 did.
    2) I enjoy a good, fun transformation scheme, which MP52 invariably has
    3) I am loving the whole "realistic vehicle turns into very retro looking robot" aesthetic that Takara have been getting on with.

Price and curiosity for DS may swing me to get at least one of their seekers to see what it handles like, but it'd be missing points 1 and 2 from above.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

Replacement is on its way, just need to try and get the herbal stuff dropped off at a DHL placey.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Bit of smoke grey on the visor, helmet and codpiece does seem to add a nice bit of definition...
    DSC_0092.jpeg DSC_0093.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  4. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

PicsArt_10-17-07.49.22.jpg
    Question for the panel: does this work at all as a old-fashioned TV frame, or is it too big and heavy?

@bcm77 commiserations about the footie yesterday old bean. Of course, looking at Twitter made it seem as if Man U lost against themselves, so little attention was given to Leicester. In fact, until MotD redressed the balance the only coverage given to Leicester playing a blinder seemed to come from Leicester itself.

• Like Like x 10
  5. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Promised pics..., ebay tomorrow evening if not sold on here by then.

All prices are for PayPal f&f and include postage. Obviously multiple items will be grouped and can be discounted accordingly.

Quintesson Pit of Judgement, MISB, £105
    20211017_193122.jpg

Earthrise Quintesson Judge, MISB, £22
    Screenshot_20211017-200220_Gallery.jpg

Mech Fans Toys MS37 'Veteran' (Legends scale Kup), MIB, £17
    Screenshot_20211017-200238_Gallery.jpg

Mech Fans Toys MS19 'Flame Commander' (Legends scale Hot Rod/Rodimus), MIB, £35
    20211017_193712.jpg
    Comes with Targetmaster, Matrix, circular saw

Dx9 War in Pocket Dinobots Box Set (all 5 Legends scale Dinobots) MIB, £75
    Screenshot_20211017-200302_Gallery.jpg
    Swords, guns, Grimlock crown and New Brain transfer helmet

The MIB items have literally just been opened and inspected for damage then reboxed to await final display, which is now not happening in the way I'd planned.

Just whizz me a DM if you're interested in anything. I'll add another last warning message tomorrow sometime.

• Like Like x 14
  6. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Quite like Solksjaer as a bloke but doesn't seem to have the dressing room behind him. Punching below their weight

• Like Like x 3
  7. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

he's a puppet for the glazers

• Like Like x 2
  8. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20211017-202555_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like Like x 22
  9. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

Among their many sins, the RED figures don't scale with any other Transformers.

I've only got the RED and Earthrise Prime's to hand, but I can say that the RED figure is nearly 1/2 an inch shorter than Earthrise Prime and not as 'bulky'. The RED line figures are more like slightly chunky Marvel Legends or Black Series figures.

Even though I'm going to get the reformatting Megatron (RED) and the reformatting Gavatron (Selects?) figures, I know there is no point standing them together.

• Like Like x 7
  10. 4249david

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was my thought. I've bought RED Megs, will get reformatting Megs, and had plans for RED Galvatron too. But the reformatting Galvatron would be missing, though I could live with that.

I was thinking I could forego the Galvatron side, use the new Selects Reformatting Galvatron, and then my MP Galvatron which I'd have anyway. He'd be growing?

It's just that I want all the Unicron bits from the Selects so it only leaves Galvatron behind. Not sure who'd want to split it on those terms... plus they may never do a RED reformatting version, I suppose?

• Like Like x 4
  11. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

I don't think RED is long for this world, but with Galvatron rumoured to be in the next batch of RED figures - Maybe we might lucky and a reformatting Galvatron will get released as an exclusive before the line dies.

• Like Like x 6
  12. 4249david

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, it's only the reformatting Megatron that made me buy Megatron at all (I've not heard great things about the line overall)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    That's the one.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I keep thinking I must have lucked out - I have no serious complaints with the 4 of them I've bought so far.
    If I had to really stretch to make a complaint - I would say that maybe the post hole on Soundwave's shoulder is a bit short to hold the rocket launcher firmly in place.

I don't know if it was because I lowered my expectations - but I also bought some super7 Transformers (3.75" scale) for the 1st time not long ago and - I think I was "less impressed" with those and a bit more impressed that I expected to be with the red figures.
    I bought some Super7 Aliens and they were "ok" - I'd say the Transformers ones are also OK - but if I can say in complete honesty i'd rather of had some Actionmasters then I can't say they are a total success with me. But I only have 2 so far so maybe they will grow on me.

• Like Like x 3
  15. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@Imperator,
    Cheers, I'll be honest, I don't have a problem with Leicester as a club apart from maybe disliking Vardy's shifty rat face :D 

It's their superfan Lineker that can get in the sea, I cannot abide that jug eared gobshite under any circumstances.

Once the score got to 2-1 I stopped paying attention to the text commentary as Ole's utterly clueless at forming any kind of coherent plan, he just hopes for individual moments of brilliance and when that doesn't work it falls apart.

I have been at the point where I feel that United losing games is a good thing for months because my hope is that sanity will eventually prevail and Ole will be sacked instead of constant excuses being made because he was a great player and is a nice guy.

My shortlist for new managers is,

Ted Lasso
    Roy Keane ( The nuclear option. )

Toys,
    Got a message from Toysarama earlier saying they have one of the Valaverse weapon sets for pre-order again so I got in quick.

The set includes various Classified Series scale weapons including an awesome machine gun for Roadblock and a more classic looking shotgun for Flint.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  16. BigBlueLuke

BigBlueLuke Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    A4948326-3CF3-4D89-9657-ECA3548EE574.jpeg Hey everyone!

Hope your weekend was good! I Went to see Venom 2 on Saturday. Fast forward to sitting down, demolishing the pre film snacks; the certificate pops up and I think to myself ‘I’m disappointed this is only a 12’ - my lady leans in and says “we’re in the wrong film”
    I check the tickets as Daniel Craig appears on screen and to my disappointment doesn’t turn into a hulking symbiotic monster.
    Yep - turns out we were given “no time to die” instead :lol 
    It was fine.
    We went back again today and caught Venom 2. No Daniel Craig - Enjoyed it a great deal.
    We were saying that it would’ve been hilarious if we got put in something else.

Also opened this absolute legend today.

Thanks to everyone for helping me find them!

• Like Like x 15
  17. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Grimlock gets more of a pass from me as his alt mode is a robot dinosaur. Between that and the Besst Wars malarkey being not my thing anyway, the T-shape of MP08 might not pass muster with a paleontologist but it's good enough for me :) 

• Like Like x 6
  18. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

Has it been that long?

I remember doubts about whether it was official or not happening here at the time. Questions looked very sensible and logical, but the odd Optimus image gave people pause.

But going back to an earlier conversation that I had with your good self- about the detail and accuracy of the demography of toy buyers- the fact that it took such a poll surely lends some credence to my earlier assertion that Hasbro don't really have decent intelligence on toy buyers?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

Its a blessing and a curse sometimes… G1 Grimlock was however proudly on display at the NHM London last time I was there, so hey…

Sometimes I just switch my brain off (Dinobot, Terrorsaur, etc) since I’m aware they are toys representing robots who shapeshift and they are not trying to be Sci Comm suitable paragons of modern Paleontological science. Plus I’ve at least three Palaeontologist friends with a very healthy love of all things transformers. It’s still a really good toy, and I like having a copy even if he’s kinda an Autobot

• Like Like x 6
  20. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Dare I ask which discipline you're working in? Sounds STEM-y from the mention of the pipette.

*raises hand* Big Motorvator or we riot.

Whoa! That was a rush!

Ok, I'm going to need to get one of those!

Enchanting!

Get this man a smock and a stethoscope. STAT!

"#1 in a three-issue limited series"
    From Transformers: The Movie#1 'The Planet Eater!"
    [​IMG]

It's been interesting going through the TF:TM comic. I forget that, for some reason, Hot Rod plays no part in the Prime Megatron battle. He's fucking innocent!

• Like Like x 13