The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

“And you thought it couldn't get any better after day 1... WOAH!”

Meh……

• Like Like x 6
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

That I'd watch!

I edited the above a number of times lol.

Know what, screw 'em, they're not getting £27 for Jubilee and thirty fucking eight for Venom just because they come in cardboard boxes I'll only bin :gen069: 

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    I honestly can't remember but it was possibly one of these sites that put factoids which aren't necessarily entirely researched so I will defer to your knowledge, especially with first hand experience from the actors.
    Though as I type this I wonder if the article said they exploded earlier than expected? I can't remember.

Well said. And all it would have taken for an error on the pyro engineer's (or whatever the title is) part, or a glitch in the triggering mechanism for them to go off at the wrong time...

BTW do you have the T30/Takara Legends Jetfire? He's part F-14 and I'm 99% sure on moving on my T30 Jetfire.

Or indeed even composite the shot, having the real explosives go off but not with the actors there.

May or may not indeed... thanks for the heads up :) 

I like how that looks like Wolverine keeps his spare hands on face on a side table with a photo of Jean :lol 

Thanks for the info and experimentation. I have a different issue that my spare parts Seeker currently is missing the screws that connect those pieces to the body... fortunately they work with friction alone. I forget why exactly I left the screws undone but now I can't find the screws. I know I put them in a safe point, which was my first mistake! :lol 

Also a yellow and red/orange Seeker? Interesting!

BTW would anyone be interested in an Energon Omega Supreme? It's the one I bought from @joetele but I'm not feeling it... I think I generally prefer the more greebled WFC/Studio Series look and he's a bit too big block of toy look for me I think... he's mostly complete, has his head, has some slight paint damage and no missiles. Cost would be somewhere between £42 to £55 probably. £42 is what I paid Joe for it but I'll need to account for postage and such and I'm not sure how much that'll be yet. I'll get some photos together if there's interest.
    I'd like for it to go to a fellow fan as I'd feel a bit guilty tossing him up on ebay after taking it off of Joe so you guys are my first refusal group :thumb 

• Like Like x 9
  4. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    Now I see why Waspinator was a Kup retool!

• Like Like x 7
  5. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

I’ve been sitting on the sofa with my debit card to hand ready to pop in a couple of preorders and……

I’ve put it back in my wallet.

Kickback was the only figure revealed that I preordered. Thought we might get Blaster, maybe some prequel Jedi from Star Wars Black, maybe Toad for Marvel Legends. Instead I got sod all!

• Like Like x 6
  6. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    Went with Scarlet Witch, White Vision, Toybiz Cap and Venom.

Skipped Iron Man as I’m not a fan of the horned helmet (snigger) and cel shaded figures don’t float my boat (my cel shaded Prime/Megs 35th anniversary figures are sitting somewhere in the lockup)

• Like Like x 7
  7. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Everybody knows he was a pre-tool of CW Silverbolt…..

• Like Like x 7
  8. privatespoon

privatespoon Well-Known Member

I’m not going to lie, I am very tempted to back the Haslab Skystriker. It’s curious that they’ve announced the stretch goals already.

I like the look of Laser OP & I hope they do a Toxitron repaint.

There is loads of stuff in the recent reveals that I like the look of but nothing really screaming ‘buy me’

• Like Like x 4
  9. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :D 
    This was my attempt at RiT dyeing Siege Screamer yellow/orange into Sunstorm but he came out more... piss coloured! :p 
    Plus I managed to warp his legs and knees so he was always going to end up back on the chopping block.
    Being part swapped with Siege Thundercracker so I could make an Ion Storm, I am now going to swap those parts back, mostly, and use some of Screamers bits to make... another Screamer! :confused: o_O 

Mostly correct coloured Siege Thundercracker will go into my sales thread, if anyone is in need let me know! ;) 

• Like Like x 6
  10. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

Just the Marvel Retro 3.75 two pack of Phoenix and Wolverine for me today.

Though I am skirting dangerously close to collecting the Hasbro Fortnite figures.

• Like Like x 5
  11. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    "Finally! Wazzpinator no longer universe's whipping boy! Wazzpinator free to-!"
    20211023_212135.jpg
    20211023_212154.jpg
    "Nope... Universe... still hate... Wazzpinator..."

• Like Like x 19
  12. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wastoid gamma and weapons finished maiden Japan parts may not be far off and digging United wreckgar out Wednesday, all coming together
    IMG_20211023_201442.jpg received_443142787429300.jpeg IMG_20211023_211305.jpg

Doof warrior scrapheap makes me smile everytime I catch a glimpse of him

Good to hear mft wreckgar is nice, I've got one on the way

• Like Like x 9
  13. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 5
  14. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    I just did The Witch and Viz as nice as that Cap looks I'm with @Siege Fan in not wanting to hand over £30+ for figures that are just redos of stuff I've already got. That Iron Man is particularly egregious as it's basically just a swapped face-plate from the AI IM you can currently get for half that price - and I did.

I know feck-all about Fornite (beyond it being Palpatine's medium of choice to announce his badly-recieved comeback Tour) but I've bought both the Battle Royale figures so far as they basically look like Halo Spartan Ripoffs and I'm a total sucker for Halo Spartan Ripoffs.

Damn you Hasbro, you know me.

And I'm getting the Cap/Sam pack and the Winter Soldier we should have gotten three years back.

And I'm getting that Storm Shadow. Heck yes that's the version we've all been waiting for.

Zartan, Galvy and Ravage are still available for those worried they would miss out. Clearly not instant sell-out material afterall.

• Like Like x 12
  15. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

First Siege Tetrajet thoughts…

-It’s a colonial Viper and that’s good
    -The chest panel might as well peg in for all the good the hinges do
    -Waist swivel on a seeker is joyous
    -From above it looks awesome
    -It’s a less imposing mould than the modern ones but it’s really fun regardless
    -I prefer it to the Cybertron Tetrajet as it’s more mobile as a robot and the silhouette is smoother
    -Looks really nice alongside the joy that is the Targetmaster Jets

All in all a pretty fun mould, it’s taken years to acquire one but I think it’s well worth the wait and while not quite Shockwave level, it’s possibly my favourite Siege mould aside from him and Brunt. (Snapdragon might retain third place though once I tinker with both at once)

• Like Like x 12
  16. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Animated Wolverine looks like Hasbro saw the Mondo Toys 1:6 figure and a lightbulb went off.

Not a bad Tony Stank head on that Iron Man but I don't like the pointy mask and am already leaning towards the MAFEX one for a red & yellow version of the classic armour as that also has a great Tony head and the giant cannon from Marvel vs Capcom.

Waiting for pictures of Toad before making a decision.

Best figure of the reveals for me is Storm Shadow by a long way. I'd go as far as to say it's one of the best looking 6 inch figures Hasbro have ever done. Whilst I get that the Arctic one they released previously is a legit version I'm only familiar with the classic one and whilst I was prepared for one with the Mortal Kombat mask and the Yakuza tattoo that appeared in that game with all the other Classified Series designs this is so much better.

Also love the articulation on the crocodile with Croc Master and the swappable wings on Spirit's eagle. More Joes and Cobras with animals please Hasbro!

There's Shipwreck with parrot and Junkyard with Mutt for starters then if there's no more from the vintage era I'd fully endorse original characters especially if they came with ferrets, a raccoon, a wombat and a honey badger.

And release a single card Baroness FFS, she's quite an important character and only being available via Bullshit Island is not on.

EDIT
    Storm Shadow, Spirit & Croc Master now pre-ordered.

If there isn't a Cobra operative with a snake I can use Jake "The Snake" Roberts as the scale just about works as Jake's quite a tall chap and there's options with Damien the python and Lucifer the cobra.

Given one infamous tale from Jake's drug years he'd also be a perfect driver for a P.I.S.S. tank :D 

• Like Like x 12
  17. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

I missed out on 'The Foundation', so I got in an order in for 'The Scientist' asap! Now, I just hope that Hasbro do another run of The Foundation figure.

I quite enjoy playing the actual game - I find it quite restful, mainly because I go into it knowing that I can't beat the yoofs with their over-clocked PC's and mapped keyboards while I'm playing it on my Xbox - so any in-game success is a pleasant surprise. I'm just stunned by the breath of its reach in popular media. Where else will you see characters from Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Dune, Ghostbusters, Alien, Predator, John Wick, The Walking Dead and the Universal Monsters rubbing shoulders alongside the games own menagerie of playable characters?

That Star Wars thing was bonkers, though the lightsabers added to the game at the time were brilliant fun.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Got me a Zartan, happy but annoyed at 24 hours of wondering what the fuck was going on and whether or not i would get one

The Wolverine and Jubilee are cool but I have quite a few Wolvie figures so I will wait to see if he is available on release

• Like Like x 5
  19. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, missing the Foundation was quite annoying, given HP didn't ship over to Northern Ireland at that point. Honestly the Scientist is way more worth the price given he's a bulky figure, has the light-up feature, and has the alternate faces. Also, do you ever want to play together at any point?

• Like Like x 2
  20. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good to hear I was a bit miffed at the upped price but he does look really nice, the green junk will be joining your background and going to wreckgar in the junkion display. Can't wait

Also I've recently realised I've bought nothing but junkions the past month, onky broke the streak today by preordering kickback and skids

• Like Like x 5