The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Shushen

Shushen Well-Known Member

Transformers news at last. Definately want me a kickback and probably tracks. Bulkheads looks ok if yoou just look at that toy for itself, but i recognize he is nowhere near his animation model.

Dragstrip looks good, but I am hesitant about going in on the stunticons before I know what the completed combiner looks like.

In the meantime I finished another Zoid.

Saur.jpg

A clash of toothy grins.

zoidngbnaw.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  2. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yer, looks good and finally the original 3 3/4 figures are resurrected too, rubber o rings and all.

I see the SW Haslab Rancor is almost at 3k backers. Very different collector base in SW many expect to and can pay the big $$$$.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    That's just reckless!:mad: 

TBH, something I thought on this this morning is if they should even still use blanks. VFX is increasingly affordable even for small budget films or TV and adding muzzle flash is fairly basic (AFAIK) some productions apparently already do this and use prop guns that just light up (I assume as a marker for the FX team and for other actors to react to.)
    Like, all power to practical effects but also safety of your cast and crew is first and foremost. Nobody should die/be put in potentially hazardous situations to make movies, particularly without them knowing and consenting - I'm looking at you Michael Bay and using live explosives for the Scorponok eruption scene and not telling your actors so you get 'genuine' terror :mad: 

G1F1ECN.png

Seriously though, they did such a good job that it never occurred to me while watching.

:lolol 

Oh that is badass!:jawdropper: 
    ...my first thought was that he was holding a Pizza Paddle:lolol 

... you made it worse!:stick: :lol 

Maybe so, but I was talking entirely from a personal stylistic viewpoint than an accuracy one, but thanks for the info. :) 

• Like Like x 11
  4. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Occurred to me in Tesco that this Laser Prime is definitely going to get the Amazon colour scheme treatment. So on the offchance that the other two decos don't appeal there's at least the third. If the garish hypercapitalistic livery doesn't make you vomit, natch.

• Like Like x 6
  5. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Classified Series,
    THAT Storm Shadow. Phwoar!!!!!

Love that Spirit's eagle comes with interchangeable wings....now hoping for similar if they make Shipwreck with parrot!

Never knew there was a dude with a croc in GI Joe but that's bought as well by crikey!

Will also get at least 1 B.A.T. in regular colours.

Might go for Outback but not arsed about the Python Patrol set.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  6. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

Dammit, I'm in for that Fortnite Bushranger... and a Llamacorn glider! :D 

• Like Like x 2
  7. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For those still looking to pick up a cheap brand new copy of The Ark.

Hamleys have the Ark for a reduced price of £119. They are also providing a 10% discount voucher. Free shipping as well. I’ve plugged the details in and it all works:

Transformers Toys Generations War For Cybertron: Kingdom Titan Wfc-K30 Autobot Ark Action Figure – Children Aged 15 And Up, 48 Cm

Discount voucher code: HMTOYS10 or CART10 (don’t both work together sadly)

Total price comes in at £107.99 with either voucher. This might be more palatable for those that have been holding out for price drops. Hope this is of use.

A22A57BC-9B14-42CD-AD32-4F877852B333.png

BCC11AD1-E6AD-4237-AADB-ED29D1367CF8.png

1114360B-26B2-4F05-A410-199777E1D4DA.png

Ps- I’ve seen my phone needs charging! On it now.

• Like Like x 20
  8. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

BTW this is conjecture, and I agree stylistically for me the lattice wings annoy me on Kickback. Assuming this is a cheap way a la the monstorbot/fangry to mold 1 piece for several bites at the same pie.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I think because there are so many films of jackson from that era, they had plenty of shots of him at that age from all angles so the cgi could apply so much more realistic on him, unlike the others. That's my take on it anyway.

Wait what? Where did you hear that? He had the actors run over the explosives so they were running for their lives, but he told them ahead of time what was happening. Likewise when sam was on the roof, he was actually balanced on the edge, but was tied on by his belt, and pushed for him to go and do it. He may be a lot of things, but bay knows the importance of everyone knowing what is going to happen and he wants it to be as safe as he can, even if he does push them to do dangerous stuff.

Cited from epps and Sam's actors on the dvd commentary. Epps was saying he was genuinely scared in that shot, because he knew what they were running over and he knew he had to go fast.

• Like Like x 6
  10. BQuantum

BQuantum Well-Known Member

Well, we all know what to expect from Yodel by now, but bloody hell….

I ordered a Waspinator from Pulse on Wednesday (another case of FOMO, as at the time I hadn’t seen him on the Smyths website), got a message whilst I was out today that it had been delivered to my “safe place”.

Got home to find that my “safe place” is apparently on my doorstep, in full view of anyone walking past my house, when there are bins not 4 feet away that he could have put it behind! More by luck than judgement that I actually got it, then!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

12. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Feck me...still cant buy that fucking Zartan figure...what the fuck are Hasblow up to?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

GI Joe reveals we’re actually worth catching despite the sound cutting in and out.
    Sadly no (new) Dreadnoks but Croc Master looks pretty sweet and a 6in scale alligator/crocodile is pretty neat.
    He can hang out in the swamp with my Zartan or maybe lead the Python Patrol as I’m unlikely to ever get a standard Viper.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

It’s due to go live at 9pm for premium and 10pm for general on pulse like yesterday.

• Like Like x 5
  15. G1 Mirage Owner

It's the same deal as yesterday - stuff goes live a 9pm for Premium members and 10pm for everyone else.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

These are free to a good home for any retro gamers/game collectors in here….

Now sold (?!) - thanks for looking :) 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  17. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Fucking he'll mate, I'd love those, I'll throw you a few quid!

• Like Like x 6
  18. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Trouble is he didnt go on sale yesterday at 10pm despite it saying so on the site.

• Like Like x 3
  19. G1 Mirage Owner

He wouldn't / shouldn't have done as the panel for GI Joe was today.

Yesterdays lunchtime 'window' was just a glitch.

• Like Like x 6
  20. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Getting your cast to leg-it over live Claymore Mines just so you can get a "practical" shot as opposed to getting a Laptop Wizard to do it would probably be a good way to get yourself into a Courtroom these days explaining why you shouldn't be held accountable for (potential) manslaughter and at the very least reckless endangerment.

Without getting all RetroBlasting about it (fuck that) that Joe Skystriker is NOT something that should need Haslabbing. I'm pretty sure you could BMF this one into a Target or Walmart and get it to sell in the kind of quantities that would guarantee a minimum order number comparable with the other Joe nostalgia releases.

That said, if they did it in Jetfire colours I'd be powerless against it. Looks painfully close to an actual scale model of an F14, and I'd love that.

• Like Like x 9