The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SS Jolt also ready to ship at Pulse

• Like Like x 4
  2. Sharkysharky

Sharkysharky Well-Known Member

Just curious if anyone here lives in NI and still sells to the continent on eBay. I'm just wondering if the 20% VAT charge applies to shipments from NI to the continent or just from the British mainland to the continent. I'm still trying to get my head round if NI is still part of the Customs Union or not. Thanks for any help.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

• Like Like x 8
  4. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thought I would post these in here too for fellow members to enjoy as it seemed a waste just to be in the cybertron metroplex thread.

Can't do a side by side but I am prepared to crack open one of my MISB Galaxy Force Megalo Convoy (Cybertron Metroplex)

Someone else can use the scale cutting mat etc to scale with the titan.

Enjoy all

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  5. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Well well well… at fucking last.

[​IMG]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Like Like x 24
  6. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

And it's now December 1st for SG Screamer from Pulse... with all the data in the world you couldn't bet on who'll get a PO first :( 

• Like Like x 7
  7. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The spoils from my Pulse sale purchase are here, Rhinox has impressed me in comparison to the T30 with the articulation and ability to stand up!

no pictures of the fossilizer combiner as I couldn’t get the sodding thing to stand up
    4BCC00BB-17D1-4A9A-99CC-B2BE197D2B42.jpeg 93B31667-7204-4196-A552-3F9122CFB3BA.jpeg 814C701A-EB8E-4331-BDE1-2B382C9C6C6F.jpeg BEAB5AC4-CF30-4A88-AF35-8E89828AD924.jpeg

really chuffed those Rhinox gun bits I ordered with the G2 Megatron upgrade are boss! DF3E773E-5579-4E30-BE42-D632272BBEF3.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  8. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

9. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

I've also got the Pulse double whammy of 'Waspinator is on the way soon' and 'SG Starcream is on the way December-ish'.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Speedy Shabaz was as good as his word, and my overspending Loot arrived promptly at 13:05, once again about three hours-ish from notice when at Delivery 50-some!

Tricranius arrived with a nasty eye-bleb-with-gouge paint cataract on his right eye but at this point I could almost sleepwalk my way thru an eye app, and one paint clag-ectomy & re-paint later he was ship-shape and ready to Fossilize with the best of 'em!
    DSC_0085.jpeg
    Also whapped some clear orange over his prominent visor pins...
    DSC_0086.jpeg
    ...and while checking for further bare silver to blend realised how subtly premium he is, as well as quite a slosh of paint as stock pretty much all of the headed pins and screws appear possibly anodised black.
    His helmet, visor & groin might benefit from a wash of some sort though to help pick out the detailing, I'm still pondering that.

Tricranius is also the first time I've realise that the "tongue" peg can be flipped thru the jaw - D'OH!

Amusing how the Effect Parts are packed like they're a paper bag of penny sweets, photos really don't catch how dazzlingly neon they are, shades which I could totally see being used for some kind of teeth-rotting super sour 80s candies. And is it me or do they seem to be cast in somewhat sturdier stuff in comparison to the previous parts? the jagged Jetfire bits seem way more jabby!

Weirdwolf II's deco has a touch of that pre-yellowed for nostalgia that "Smoke-Damage Effect" Retro Sepiadome way overdid BUT still surpasses the original TR, even with a single noticeable stress mark, by dint of it still giving me a greater confidence that this canopy may better withstand the test of time, seeing as it doesn't squeal like the door hinges of Castle Dracula when opening and closing, or flipping around the wolfshead.
    DSC_0087.jpeg DSC_0088.jpeg
    Between the canopy issue, and the thunder-stealing transformation twist of Triggerhappy, one of the best designs of TR is underappreciated IMHO.
    The torso stretch, and shift to digitigrade rear wolf legs is some rather ingenious engineering. TR updated head still rocks way better than the LG Japanese 'Toon-ish though.

Skullcruncher was indeed better-legged on the friction front than any TR version I know of but in comparison to the results of my "Eff it, I'll try the superglue method" go on the original he took the Pledge to properly friction to the fullest. The knees not overpowering the knee transformation joint lock is a welcome upgrade though to be sure! The transparent cockpit and faux "crockpit" of the beast head is nice, though both still being rubberised plastic is a touch worrying.
    He's also the first of the Retro re-releases where the deco shift is to the positive, it may possibly be less accurate to the G1 deco than TR but I love the shift of the pink to a more vividly magenta fuschia shade, definitely glad I bundled him in too.
    DSC_0089.jpeg

Especially as that made THIS possible...
    DSC_0091.jpeg DSC_0092.jpeg
    ...I think I'll be coming back to Megalligator to give his exterior pinks some green coatings for more uniform croc & bot modes, whilst I ponder what exactly I'll headcanon him as, hmm...

• Like Like x 14
  11. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

I’ve read the new Wreckers issue 1 that released this week and whilst it’s nothing like the original UK crew or the IDW.1 crew it’s still an interesting read.
    Small selection of b-list characters (or your favourites if you love Thunderclash) doing a cool thing.
    Looking forward to next issue and possibly more of the Mayhem Attack Squad.

• Like Like x 13
  12. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Haven't sold anything to Europe in a long old while, but we are still in the customs union and have the same rates applied as before Brexit.

Nice! Enjoy dude.

I can safely say I'm interested in reading because I'm a slave to Thunderclash. I haven't read a single IDW 2.0 comic since issue 13. Would it be best for me to catch up on that or can I dive head first into Thunderclash's crotch this issue?

• Like Like x 9
  13. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really hope the qc is ok on yours. I had 1in4 that was acceptable to me in the end.

• Like Like x 7
  14. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NI are still part of the UK Customs union for goods but have a special arrangement. The special arrangement does not extend to services.

I would look at the following links to help you out:

Trading and moving goods in and out of Northern Ireland

In the link below if you move to the section headed Goods trade Northern Ireland /other EU 26 Member states VAT headlines, this will give you insight:

VAT & Customs changes

• Like Like x 7
  15. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

• Like Like x 8
  16. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

To be fair it has little connection to the main IDW storyline. They reference the war but are largely autonomous.
    Thunderclash is a bit of a departure from the Lost Light version but that’s no bad thing in my opinion.

• Like Like x 4
  17. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jeez that's a saving!

Anyone who paid a deposit for MP Thundercracker with omegalock...
    Screenshot_20211014-194040_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  18. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

Oh BTW there is a 5% discount code for members of @angelic’s FB TF Group.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Opened a Paypal thing just now, which begins the communication stage with them. It seems a few stores are having "issues" communicating with customers at the moment which is a shame as they've all been reliable until now.

Thank you. I try to do with my site what I want out of other sites and am always open to feedback. For people who share links to the site often I opened the affiliate program so they can make commission, this week I've coded in a new module for automatic discounts for some customers - this will make sense soon

I heard about Soundwave coming back on there, will be interesting to see if happens. I hope so as a lot of people still want it.

Oh God, I remember that Bumblebee, that was hideous. I have no idea what they were thinking with that.

I've been waiting for this to open but the long wait time for delivery is a bit offputting. The fact it can be used with 4" and 6" is amazing though.

• Like Like x 11