The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Yessss. I was curbing my enthusiasm until I'd read reviews, but now I can't wait to get some headphones on and enjoy some eerie isolation sci fi.

Edit: Just bought on eBay with 20% off code FALL20. Came to 37 quid.

Kraid, meet boot.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    Didn’t take him long to remember which side he’s on.

93559A35-B837-4DD3-9A7E-7F5FD2AE4240.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    It’s the the Power of Greyskull. He has the POWERRRRRRR! :eek: 

• Like Like x 6
  5. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone got a hint of where Gen Selects Galvatron is available for pre-order? Don't know why I didn't pre-order him when he became available (think I was waiting for pay day, then forgot) he's sold out at the usual places (kapow, ID, Pulse)

I'm assuming most places will have him available when he becomes in stock after pre-orders go out but I'd rather put an order in if I can.

Also has Artfire been pushed back?

Those two figures are all I have on my radar at the moment I think until next year (probably Tigatron and Terrorsaur even though I took down my BW display...)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

So you know how I said I was out when I thought they were £130….?

I am so out now it’s not even funny….

• Like Like x 8
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Transformers Generations Selects War for Cybertron Galvatron - Leader kingdom Galvatron

Or

Robot Recruits

I haven't bought from either before but plenty here have, so I'll let them advise!

• Like Like x 5
  8. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I'm guessing that the trainbots are so expensive because Takara anticipate that they've got a more niche appeal?

But fear not those who have balked. Just sit back and enjoy the show when the inevitable quality control issues somehow surprise everyone.

• Like Like x 11
  9. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

Niche appeal? I think you mean corporate greed. Then again, there was apparently a market for Kiss Players once upon a time sooooooo

• Like Like x 5
  10. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    My first MP was MP-8, he’s now my only MP and unless we get MP Black Shadow & Magnificus (we won’t get the other Dinos, Takara have missed a trick so badly their pimp died) he can be the last too. It’s already getting close to the point where the ridiculously-rising prices for ever-diminishing plastic mean I’ll have to cherry-pick CHUG, nevermind anything else. Current plan is to beast it while the beasting’s good, but am increasingly resenting the clear-plastic barely-deluxe scout-size carbots.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Seen the GTA announcement Broot?

• Like Like x 5
  12. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    There still is, but they have to bribe the guards to get parcels so it’s a bit slow nowadays....

• Like Like x 6
  13. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef! TFW2005 Supporter

Cheers all, good to know they are just hand painted photos.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    I posted a list on Facebook of what got cancelled and why but basically I didn't get first deliveries of some figures which other retailers have had multiple of now or have cleared out. Like I don't really want to pay £20.50 wholesale for figures that ID are now selling for £12.99. likewise figures that I was supposed to get in May and July are now May and July of next year. So I could spend thousands on stock that I probably wouldn't be able to ever sell or hundreds on cancelling it.

As David said, I'm a retailer so take a full TF toyline and multiply each figure by 32. Most of the cancellations were Star Wars black series though.

If you want to sell it all then send me pictures of what you have and we'll see if we can work something out. However, from experience, I know it's best not to do anything drastic when feeling bad.

• Like Like x 14
  15. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

We’re a long way from even knowing if the full body will come out and even what sort of cost it might be. The only hope is that the low complexity of the character and transformation means a super simple and low parts count design.

if FT Fort Max ended up costing £1500-2000 would that still make it good value?

• Like Like x 2
  16. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

Wow, looks like the ship with all the Netflix Nemesis Prime's has unloaded.

My local Smyths had 5 last week and that dropped down to 2 by last Saturday - now they have 11.

Maybe it might end up shelfwarming like Netflix Ultra Magnus after all?

• Like Like x 8
  17. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP. Like not the TT nu-scale, where you put a head on top of OP to get Jetfire and Dinos, then another head to get combiners, but the 20+ inch scale.

From personal experience of switching out UW Devy because Zeta Bruticus dwarfed him (it's overall bulk, not just height, because proportions...), the MS Raiden will have the same effect. You're talking Scorponok height (someone's just posted a comparison of Constructor with him, and it's pretty much on point), so CW/UW Titan combiners will look tiny.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't do anything rash but you need to be able to enjoy your collection. The moment that enjoyment goes then selling can be very liberating.

I too have sold up fairly sizable collections periodically over the years. I have always kept my original G1 (only a few figures) plus a couple of favourites from the UT series.

I'm always glad I have sold though afterwards, whether it's just from creating space, association with something negative or lack of enjoyment.

I went through a pruning stage again recently keeping the new SS86 plus Kingdom main 86 movie cast figures from recent purchases.

If you do sell up Genetic is always a good option, he bought my collection off me in 2015 when I sold up the last time I had a large collection.

New lego The Batman figures are now listed for 01 January. I can see me getting the batcave and minifig scaled batmobile. Good pricing on these too. £60 for the batcave and £25 on the batmobile.

Batmobile™: The Penguin™ Chase 76181 | DC | Buy online at the Official LEGO® Shop GB

Batcave™: The Riddler™ Face-off 76183 | DC | Buy online at the Official LEGO® Shop GB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    The Batcave is in an underground station?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks for getting back to me. I had the same conversation years ago actually with a guy in Forbidden Planet, by the time some of the white carded Star Wars figures were in B&M was starting to get the gathered up clearance stuff from America.

Another example was the DC characters in the white boxes. "These are in B&M for £8!" and he wants to say 'Only the crap ones...'.

The other thing he mentioned was they could never get restocks of Marvel Legends when they needed them, even when holding their nose on the Z listers nobody wanted.