The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Coolio

• Like Like x 3
  2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those might be a good thing yeah, But I'm still interrested in a longer stream - even more so if there is one you can untwist the end and wrap it around a ghost. But the Trap and PKE Metre are fun things to have - and there is plenty of internal space to store them inside the toy too.

I guess when Afterlife is more widely seen then maybe someone might think about an RC car Ghost trap too.

The Ghostbusterbots look pretty cool battling my Terrordogs too (scale be damned) I just needed some thing more impressive for them to shoot at the Demon doggies.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  4. Genodectes

I don’t own it, but I was sure the siege version has treads too? Hover tanks no bad thing either though

• Like Like x 4
  5. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    Hard agree on both counts especially how much they missed the mark with Pa Kent....

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I felt the Superman Braniac arc by Geoff Johns (I know, I know) handled Pa Kent and his death quite well - so it's baffling the movie went so far in the wrong direction.

I assume MOS was before Geoff Johns was moved to a Feige adjacent spot in the DCU?

Still can't help feeling disappointed the Reeves movies still have the best representation of Superman. I tried to watch them with my 5yo boys last weekend and they were just too old fashioned and slow paced :( . Maybe when they're older.

I've seen his instructions, he looks good to me but as mentioned elsewhere there are definitely some adjustments made to make him fit the new generations aesthetic.

His proportions are more heroic and his vehicle mode is more real world.

He'll make a good addition to your shelf, but he's definitely lost a few of the key signifiers he had from his Animated design.

• Like Like x 9
  6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    I don't know what a Belvin is, but I know an easy custom opportunity when I see one.

20211006_202251.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  7. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime A smile better suits a hero

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My condolences to you too.

Been having a bit of an odd day, so naturally I just bought a Switch to cheer myself up. I should probably get some games as well, shouldn't I?

• Like Like x 8
  8. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

He can still do his hovertank mode. There's a pic of it in the SG megs review thread in the feedback forum.

No idea who that is or when he came on, but MOS was the first one that kicked off the DCEU, so I'm assuming he wasn't in place then.

It is funny watching everyone in MOS freak out about aliens and how it changes everything, when all that dodgy stuff happened in 1984 with Wonder Woman. If they set it in modern day post Justice League, everything would have been fine.

Just caught up on the last two episodes of what if. Damn, that was an exciting finale to the show. Same concept as Loki, but far, far better executed. And without breaking any already established rules.

For starters, a main villain who comes out of a timeline who actually feels like a threat to the multiverse, instead of a random person who isn't even named. Also, Ha! Take that Loki show, Infinitie stones do work outside their own dimension/timeline/universe/whatever. I'm just gonna strip Loki show entirely from canon and go Endgame to What If.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    They're designed to look tread-ish when squinted at but there are open vents/thrusters at the front and back of the front drive sections, and at the rear of the back drive segments on Siege, with no tread patterning on the wheeled sections underneath. Unlike ER which has lush continuous (if a bit skinny at the join) treads front-to-back.
    Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 20.18.40.png Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 20.22.59.png
    You can "imagination play" them as treads for sure but they ain't "proper" tread tracks in my book.
    If I were put it in a No-Prize Claim Letter:
    I'd say it's not removal from their specific dimensions that renders them inert at the TVA but rather that being outside of a Timestream is what "Timelocks" their abilities rendering them useless. There's no next moment for them to have an affect on when time's arrow is frozen in place.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  10. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

My condolences @Strafe28066

• Like Like x 4
  11. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

• Like Like x 5
  12. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

You know, the more I think about that MP-Raiden, the more I can’t help but think we are being taken the piss out of :( 

I’ve already backed Star Saber, I’m now at a point where I’m paying £55 for SS 86 Leaders and £35 for Voyagers and whilst Shouki looks the absolute shnizzle for a long neglected character; you want me to commit to 6 lots of £130(ish), sight unseen, looking at prolly £800 all in :eek: 

Fuck.Off. :mad: 

Yes, I know this is a pay to play hobby and it’s my choice what to partake in and what not to, but that is beyond pricey and gets to the point of being poor value. There are enough “premium” items knocking around at the moment and quite frankly the timing sucks - I can’t help but feel they’ve misjudged their audiences pockets a little with this one. I wonder if HasLab Unicron was them pushing to see how far we’d go?

I know this post is a little ranty and not the way a I like to come across, those of you that I’ve interacted with over the years will know I try to be positive and at the very least be objective. But for some reason this one has set me off…..:oops: 

• Like Like x 22
  13. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

• Like Like x 2
  14. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Operators are standing by
    IMG_20211006_205148.jpg

@Skywarp SCS amen brother taking the proverbial is an understatement

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 15
  15. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    I have downloaded more games for the Switch than most other consoles. Having to actually physically change a cartridge seems like a crazy amount of effort in 2021.

Mario Kart Live Circuit is a great crack if you can get a few people together. Not the cheapest set-up ever but a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

You are saying what we are all thinking.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Genodectes

I had a similar moment at he start of the third party Devastator Combiner phase, like I really wanted them as I love Combiners but I didn’t have the financials to risk 6 expensive figures, and if I missed out on just one the set was rendered pointless. So I totally get you, there’s always going to be a limit on things, and a £800 toy is way too much for me

• Like Like x 8
  18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Cheers man, appreciated. New interpretations are always welcome in casa Brooticus, and I've always thought that the generations line is at its best when it sticks to that founding ethos of 'the characters you love, but just a bit different'.

• Like Like x 8
  19. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    The thigh paint came off as a consequence of removing the stupid smiley face on the waist, and I might remove the multicolours on the head at some point. But this is enough for me to consider him G2. And the crazy big guns work for that as well.

What to do with the SG one now... SG Soundblaster maybe?

20211006_210118.jpg 20211006_210017.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  20. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@Strafe28066,
    Condolences over the loss of your Nan. Hope you and the family can take some comfort in remembering the good times you had together.

• Like Like x 9