The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
  2. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

And I thought Quantum of Bollocks was dumb :oops:  (spoils the entire movie this, FYI!)

@MyTea Boc Smith says it's Evil Lyn's story this time. So she's at the back there. Yes.

I'm dying to see how Tribesman He-Man comes into it tbh lol.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    They were, Tigatron was antsy that she had been captured and she gave him an enthusiastic hug when they were reunited but yeah, I'll take a hint of Lesbians wherever I can get it :lol 

It's crazy that these companies still don't seem to have got digital distribution figured out outside of the US, with many shows never showing up or showing up crazy amounts of time afterwards.

As for Transformers, Hasbro have been uploading the G1 cartoon at least on their own YouTube channel.

David when someone is getting a SS86 figure:
    UniNom.gif

I have neither fig so I'm assuming you've swapped the arm cannons?

:lolol 

BTW in case you haven't seen it on the main page the fan vote for Hall of Fame is on... though Hasbro in their wisdom haven't removed the S1 Beast Wars characters who are already in the hall of fame from the vote:rolleyes: 

I ended up going for Tarantulas as my other picks are already in there.

Also I'm sure Kingdom Ultra Magnus can rely on @rikkomba for support for the Kingdom toy portion of the vote :) 

• Like Like x 12
  5. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Looking forward to it! Clunky dialogue aside I really enjoyed the first five episodes.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Decided I wasn't gonna miss out again and ordered the 3P TEMPOP form Showstore Z for £50

Thanks to whoever it was that highlighted it

• Like Like x 3
  7. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:

upload_2021-10-12_22-15-28.gif

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  8. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So if the MP-10 mould doesn't come with Trailer rockets.... so why isn't ebay flooded with after market Trailer rockets then ?
    I guess that proves how little attention I paid to the only MP10 I have's Trailer.

Ironically it's actually right beside me - I just didn't open it much as it's kind stiff and I didn't want to break the tabs, so I never noticed.

If Optimus if Ecto 35 - what are most of the rest of them I think the low numbers were previously covered. But such a hight number what do the Ghostbuster really have over 2 dozen other units they numbered already ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Great photo!

• Like Like x 5
  10. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I keep Buying Sharkticons - I think I should perhaps stop buying them one or two at a time and just buy a case already.
    I also plan to actually buy a whole case of Slammer too as I think he will make good Bot-lego (so to speak).

I hope I can get at least one more Barney the Dinosaur Fossiliser too - even if it means I end up with "yet another" megatron... I don't really mind - it gives me the excuse to slap bits on a Megatron after all and also gives me a spare Matrix & some Blast effect - hopefully the price will come down a bit on those..

I just had a brainwave and realised slapping a random handle of Siege Megatron's disproportionate sword - makes for a rather spiffy spear !

• Like Like x 9
  11. Divebomb

Divebomb "Not without incident"

I always assumed it was a numerical tie-in to the Ghostbusters film also debuting in 1984, so that was 35 years ago at the time of release of MP10G.

• Like Like x 10
  12. Siege Fan

Spoiler box is in the Pulse sale.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

That makes sense.

Cool poster. Enjoyed the first part, so well up for part 2. Hopefully with a bit more skeletor and adam this time? And lots of evil lynn. She was probably my fav so far.

Awesome photo!

• Like Like x 6
  14. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Photo doesn't load for me, but it does in my quote when I quote the post. Weird.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Saw a post on the FB marketplace which was pretty much to the tune of "sale threads don't move much anymore"---found that very interesting.

There's defo societal factors at play [...just look at what's happening in the country] but it's almost amusing how the hottest thing ever on Monday is garbage by Friday in our little universe.

Remember maketoys Thundercracker and Skywarp? Earlier this year I remember them going for 350 quid a piece. MP 52 and that new 3P Starscream have dragged them down to about 90 each, and they're still not selling.

Movie Studio Series...I think outside of that astronomically priced DOTM LDR Prime with the trailer, everything else seems to just take up space. Good times for a super bargain if you're looking for one, but bad for sales.

86 studio series has some freak one-off fluctuations [Scourge and currently Slug] but if you shop around you can net a good deal on almost all the others bar maybe Grimlock.

3P have been reduced to an almost non-entity, bar some notable exceptions. Fanstoys Stunticons last year could pay your rent...nowadays they're sitting for reasonable prices. The Aerialbots have held up. Anything not Fanstoys is more likely to move easily.

And let's not forget poor Kingdom. I am struggling to rememer any wave 1 and 2 figure that I haven't seen clearanced or on a massive sale at one point. Is it the DOTM effect once again---aka same characters with slight differences 3 years in a row is too much, was the BW cast so badly received?

Just curious points for discussion-mumbling. Counting down the hours 'till Slug gets here.

• Like Like x 5
  16. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    anyone looking for a fixed shoulder galvatron, check the stock levels at your local smyths

if the number suddenly jumps up then they got a new delivery in, and im pretty sure this new delivery is ones with fixed shoulders

• Like Like x 6
  17. Siege Fan

What is the current Hall of Fame thing really about? Apart from getting your email address through Google Docs or something (possibly, maybe, I really dunno). This one just doesn't feel meaningful in any way?

I picked Dinobot for Beast Wars since they made me, and Cyclonus for the Kingdom release because he's the shizzle. I love that there's a bunch of bots you almost certainly don't own on there!

• Like Like x 8
  18. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Looking forward to it myself. Bring on the skelegod

• Like Like x 7
  19. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

DOTM Prime sold for 120 I think, in less than 48 hours.
    The other SS figures I had sold quickly for a good price.
    Reselling kingdom? A bloodbath.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sale threads on FB are pretty dead usually because people's prices are too high. I keep seeing people trying to sell loose MOTUO figures for £18 plus postage and fees and Kingdom figures for around the same price. Sure, everyone wants to break even but people aren't going to pay the same price or more for pre-owned figures they can still buy online brand new. Reasonably priced sales threads still shift stuff quickly.

The latest thing killing the last latest thing has been ongoing forever, like the MP-10 Prime reducing MP1 nothing and MP-11 jets dropping MP-3 and the igear versions to sub £100.

It is weird though how the third party scene has died since the MP line waned in popularity and the Generations line made a comeback. MMC are still doing okay thanks to their IDW themed figures and being Generations scaled but the backstabbing and treachery have killed most of the others off.

86 studio series wave 1 suffered a glut like most first waves but the rest is harder to get.

Earthrise was doing really well and wasn't easy to get so a lot of retailers went in big on Kingdom, only for it to be everywhere and for Pulse to open. The fossilizers sold like crap and the beasts sold slightly better. With the G1 characters being reissues for the most part, the line has been a giant turd.

The new Legacy line looks awful too so I wouldn't be surprised if retailers start cutting their orders dramatically.

Meanwhile Marvel Legends and Star Wars black are still being offered under code names to prevent leaks so retailers have to order quantities of products that could be literally anything. That's why those keep ending up on clearance too.

• Like Like x 14