The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. DeadBiscuit

DeadBiscuit Well-Known Member

If anyone was lucky enough to grab a scrapface and/or a hound and is willing to part with the cardboard teletran backdrop, I'd be interested in taking them off your hands. They're the only 2 pieces I'm missing...

• Like Like x 6
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    They're worth it, in my opinion. Fun figures.

20210814_173204.jpg
    20210313_150300.jpg
    20210814_163702.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  4. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can get WH second hand reasonable if you are careful (not more than a quid a figure) but it comes back to my debate on 'how good does someone have to paint them to make them more valuable.......rather than less'...I haven't seen any yet.

Retroformers in Halstead or on FB had them.

I have been trying for weeks to get a sodding spare Overlord on his shoulders, how the hell do you do that?

Boy lat flow positive, so me working at home.

Laters.

• Like Like x 5
  5. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    So shiny.

E9BF8368-7AC8-4BA9-8333-670C7752DE57.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  6. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Is that from the Ravage Decepticons Forever pack? As far as I knew that hadn't been released yet?! :eek: 

:lolol 

Though... it IS based on the same mold as Kingdom Silverbolt :lol 

Where did you read that? :eek: 

Well... you are often putting things in your mouth... :confused2 

I'm sure some enterprising individual will find a way to make the wings 'right side up'... somehow.

WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE THINGS?!

You've got it all wrong, they mean it's a Voyager Class Golden Disk ;) 

You know I actually quite like that colour layout on the second from the left! :) 

:lol 

As for Terrysaur, I'm really not sure at this point. TBH none of the Golden Disk ones are leaping out at me... the colours of Mighty Morphin Road Ranger somewhat appeal but I dunno.

I made glorious discovery earlier that the hilts of some of the swords from my WoW figures fit in 5mm hand holes:
    20210930_180219.jpg
    That one fits thanks to having a removable pommel on the hilt so can fit any 5mm hole, as modeled here by Jetfire :D 

20210930_181049.jpg
    This one sadly does not have a removable pommel, but can still be wielded by bots with the open hand design. Handily ( :D  ) I had Combiner Hunters Arcee to hand to try it out ^^

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 15
  7. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For some reason my internet has decided it likes all websites just fine aside from Hasbro Pulse and In Demand.

Oh and if I just missed more sale items somewhere of Scrapface I will say "bu**er" to that after the site kept crashing on me when tryng to buy Centurion and I ended up without him too - just lovely and that was just the icing on the cake when they put the Universal Studios Megs down 2 days after I just bought one for more money..

With this luck Terrorsaur willl sell out before I can even get on the site again. (I tried multiple browsers, clearing caches and Secure License history and still doesn't work) Couldn't get my5 to play anything earlier on their website on the Xbox Series X either so - I hope it's not my Router acting up, I'm not exactly up to date in fiddling with router settings.

------

So anyone who bought the golden disc items from Amazon.com did you get charged immediately or is it a charge you just before they ship it thing ?

• Like Like x 2
  8. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

My confirmation emails from Pulse started trickling in from 8:30 onwards - they must have had some IT issues earlier.

Now I just need to talk myself out of getting Netflix Hound...

• Like Like x 8
  9. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 10
  10. Siege Fan

Those 2 in the pic are from Beetlejuice. Really need to watch that again at some point.

Could be your ISP has decided to block whatever their host is if everywhere else works. Often that's their security software going into overdrive if that's what it is.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    Nayyyyyyy-Palm!
    thumb_you-dont-have-to-put-on-the-red-light-roxanne-54297504.png

• Like Like x 12
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Like the GOC before it the Amazon listings have way more expansive story "Chapters" if you scroll further down their listings:
    [​IMG]

Though you may want to start back at Puffer & Road Ranger's opening chapter for the full thing to properly judge it.
    The Kids' picture storybook amount of text seems more the Exclusive than the figures to me!

• Like Like x 9
  13. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given I've already set down £150 for BW guys, I decided to jump on Terrorsaur before he sold out. At least there's a while to make up my mind.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

I saw that and picked up issues 1 and 3 for my son. He's only interested in the Marines, doesn't like the Necrons, so I think I'll just cherry pick issues as we see them rather than subscribe to the whole lot. Like you say, it does seem to work out as a decent saving overall as a subscriber compared to the RRP of the miniatures in store.

I'm watching quite a few auctions on eBay just to get a feel for the prices. I'll let the boy mess around with some of my old miniatures first and practice painting those before getting too invested. Going through the box I found at my Dad's there are a lot of old figures I never got around to painting, so they'll be perfect cannon fodder :lol 
    Any other paint brands you could recommend? I've only ever used Citadel, but definitely open to cheaper alternatives!

Good to know, thanks! Personally I think I'd prefer unpainted. A badly painted fig could be a swine to put right, and something that's too well painted would look out of place next to my or my son's attempts!
    It's been fun looking through my old stuff, some of the first mini's I painted are (predictably) very poor, but you can see my abilities developing to the point that some of the later stuff I did, I'm actually pretty proud of.
    My son seems to have a good eye for it, and his first attempt is much better than mine was back in the day!

• Like Like x 7
  15. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    I see, thanks.

Ah, thanks. I was looking on Pulse and very confused :confused: 

• Like Like x 6
  16. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I am basically in love with Eva Green, and it's absolutely criminal that she rarely gets the parts she deserves. Kingdom of Heaven was pretty good, especially the director's cut.

Funny thing about 300 though (the first one), I can never really make up my mind if I like it or not. On the one hand it's obviously not a good historical film, but I always feel it works as a telling of Thermopylae as the Spartans themselves would have seen it, being such overly macho self-aggrandising propaganda nonsense (by Frank Miller you say? Surely not!). I think that's why Rise of an Empire doesn't work as well - it has that same style, but since the focus is on the distinctly more level-headed Athenians it doesn't really work. But still, Eva Green.

But it should happen, if only to confuse and piss off Americans who still insist on not reading the UK comics.

"There's a wee problem. I'm overencumbered! I'm overencumbered, aye!"

Classic Consolevania was a glorious time.

It's those daft robot mode arms, entirely failing to tuck away and just looking like he's holding his hands behind his back awkwardly.

The combiner Wreck-Gar is still my Wreck-Gar. I guess deep down I just don't care for the character that much but just needed one to fill out my season 3 roster. And in the toss-up between screen fidelity and daft dafty daftness I'll usually skew towards the latter.

Oh cool, I'm sure having access to a cursed soul-stealing blade will have absolutely no adverse effects on old Jetfire. Actually, can he wear the crown of the Lich King in place of his helmet?

(I haven't played WoW in so long. There's something about Blizzard games that makes you feel so very clean when you quit them for good)

• Like Like x 8
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I am starting to wonder if it's done by someone in-house at Amazon, or if it's some poor Hasbro bod that ain't getting the respect at their own company? :lol 
    It seems they just don't write female characters with the complexity her range can handle in modern cinema for the most part, or when they rarely do they don't cast as stunningly beautiful actors as her in them roles.

• Like Like x 7
  18. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    That's fair, I just never really liked the Deluxe Combiner Wars Groove mold. I actively went out of my way to NOT get Groove and keep Rook on the Protectobots, with Legends Groove serving as the team scout. I think I got Wreck-Gar just because I didn't know when we'd see a Generations version of the character again. Turns out I didn't have to wait all that long really :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  19. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    It's not actually Frostmourne, despite appearances, though I do have a Frostmourne somewhere though it's from an old WC3 era Arthas figure so no Lich King helmet yet, but that is a fun thought!
    My friend demands I give Megatron Frostmourne :D 

As for that clean feeling, I wouldn't know, I'm still playing WoW (played since launch), in fact the current expansion is the most fun I've had in WoW in years :D  that said I'm very much a solo player and don't actually enjoy the multiplayer element all that much x'D
    And I still putter about in the SC2 map editor :D 
    So I'll have to take your word on that ^^

• Like Like x 5
  20. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 4