The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Which is why I'm 90% sure it won't happen. And the same goes for Deathsaurus. You don't make the villain widely available if the hero was a limited one-time-only release.

• Like Like x 7
  2. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

• Like Like x 2
  3. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

• Like Like x 12
  4. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Cheers, Brian. And I admit I'm a terrible fusspot!

Just want to say I am so grateful to everyone that got the 1st toy review all the way up to 1k views so quickly. Hope you all enjoy the 2nd installment.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Imperator

So here's a thought I've had crashing through the tattered remains of my brain all day:

What if this arsehole:

[​IMG]

DIDN'T grow up into THIS arsehole like we all assumed:

[​IMG]

But instead straightened his life out, became a responsible grown-up, changed his name and became:

[​IMG]

It kinda makes sense, right? The headsculpts are similar, the arm-mounted blades are similar, the colour scheme isn't far off, the transformation is similar...

Oh crap, do I want an Evac now? I thought I'd finished the Bigromasters!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  6. Imperator

Barry. I don't want to click that Barry.

I don't want to end up on a government list.

Barry.

nope.gif

• Like Like x 10
  7. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

No Ronaldo, no chance. 1 less trophy to go for due to a cowardly team selection :rolleyes: 

On a lighter note, I got to take care of some leftovers from the grub we had for Dad's birthday, nom! nom! nom! :) 

Rebecca ferret is also quite content as she got a couple of bites in on my sister, which left me apologising profusely whilst also admiring Rebecca's opportunism :D 

@Xaran Alamas,
    Build a Wombat in 1000 easy parts definitely wouldn't have the same appeal :D 

• Like Like x 8
  8. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be a one off piece if they only sold this one as "Kingdom Unicron" or "Studio Series '86 Unicron" I wouldn't complain if they sold it in a colour I fond more appealing - and they could VERY SLIGHTLY remould it and paint the whole thing in another colour and sell it as "armada Unicron" and then repaint it again and sell it as "Energon Unicron" and they'd not be lying the Campaign one would have unique colours and unique stand.

Besides you could argue it's a different market who'd want a Black Unicron to who wants a Baby Blue and yellow one.
    I didn't actually order the Unicron campaign for no other real reason than I disliked the colour. (I'd prefer grey and orange).

As for Star Saber / Victory Leo the same idea applies if they make a sort of Nemesis Deco of the whole thing and sell them individually.

But I have to admit I'm kind keen to see people over-react to Hasbro doing "Shattered Glass Victory Saber" at some point.

I personally wouldn't be bothered so long as it's not quasi-the same like say Netflix Optimus Primal & Rattrap nearly were to the retail - that sort of thing is a bit rich, but Unicron in VERY different colours released a few years later doesn't offend me and an Decepticon deco or Shattered Glass Deco of Victory Saber doesn't offend me either. I guess if someone was upset if they sold such a hypothetical repaint cheaper then I might understand - but there is nothing stopping them putting up another campaign with a very low number on it. if it was 5,000 it might do OK - judging by how Takara couldn't get the stretch goal on their Grand Maximus they'd not want to push for 11K on a quirky Niche repaint.
    But maybe they can get away with a higher number on Metro Titan as Japanese continuity fans and those looking for another Decepticon Base might like the idea & other than needing to add a Micromaster it's just a repaint.

But that is just a thing with me liking Black repaints and also being very attached to the idea of characters with leadership roles getting Nemesis Like repaints - somewhat related to a minor semi-abandoned plot point in Transformers : Galaxy Force.

I've long liked the idea of a Black Metroplex for simlar reasons too. If anything that would work even better now than in 2005 - as IDW & various Videogames has coloured Metroplex as a part of a fleet of Generic evacuation vessels and there is no reason one of them can't be black coloured.

The only downside to that is it interfears with my desire for Metro Titan - but if the new Metroplex is a space ship and not so much of land-carrier and city/base then I'd likely prefer they use the older mould anyway (modified or not).

But if Slammer is designed to work with the 2022 titan then I guess that means something good - 'I guess'.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

wtf did I just watch

• Like Like x 8
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I'll take that as a highly repressed, "Thanks for the suggestion."

EDIT:
    I'd wager these will be too pricey for you but nevertheless for reference:
    [​IMG]
    3P LEGO Spikes Pair

• Like Like x 7
  11. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :mad: 
    Getting increasingly fed up with waiting for IDT to send me the Rainmakers, which, possibly/probably is no fault of theirs, as now being suggested as a November release?
    A few more days and it'll be 6 months since I paid in full (insert Eric B & Rakim video)! Gonna cancel that pre-order, get pay back y'all, then order once Hasbro decide to make regular stock available. :( 
    Something, something, pennies worth of interest, something! o_O  #importstock

• Like Like x 8
  12. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Sup guys, not been posting much but those are some juicy leaks. Count me in for beasties, prime bulkhead and kickback. I'm sure I'll pick up others.

Putting breakdown in wave four is a recipe for disaster, surely?

The reason I've not been posting much is I've fallen down the 40k rabbit hole again and this time I've been charmed by the spooky space terminators. I decided to add a bit of purple for that Transmetal Tarantulas vibe.

IMG_20210922_221103248.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  13. BigBlueLuke

BigBlueLuke Active Member

Twitter:
    Evening!
    That SS86 Grimlock (that I was talking about the other day) has arrived - next door, who are not in and are still yet to return. I hope they haven’t gone away for a holiday or something lol!
    Got Friday off, going to hit a couple of Smyth’s and see what I can pick up too!

• Like Like x 9
  14. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I didn't mean to buy this toy. It must have happened when I was drunk because I genuinely have no recollection of ordering the set and was mystified when a shipping notice for it appeared in my emails. At some point in the past I must have preordered it and then deleted the evidence. Who knows.

But I've gone from not liking it at all to not minding it after taking some photos (gallery link in my sig).

transformers-kingdom-mirage-bot-4.jpg transformers-kingdom-mirage-bot-6.jpg transformers-kingdom-mirage-bot-7.jpg transformers-kingdom-mirage-bot-9.jpg transformers-kingdom-mirage-car-5.jpg transformers-kingdom-mirage-car-9.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  15. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Finally found the Alt Swindle head for my OS KO BB however, I've hit a bit of a stumbling block as the neck joint isn't quite long enough for the noggin' to clear which means that he's constantly looking upwards.

I can't mod the head as I'd be taking too much of it away so I'll have to find something to cannibalise for a larger ball joint and mod a new joint into place. That should be fun as I've never done anything like that before!

Here's a picture of him with a blob of blu-tak holding it in place. It doesn't look too shabby at all:

IMG_20210922_221418.jpg

His ankles really do need some floor polish on them as he cannot stand up for toffee.

• Like Like x 14
  16. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1; Didn't know Walkers owned Monster Munch?
    2; Not a claw, more Kurupt FM!
    Let me know the height in millimetres and I will post a couple out to you! ;) 
    Arcee butt implants when? #YouNeverGoFullKardashian
    Full on Hamilton vibes! :p 

• Like Like x 13
  17. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    From Space Dad to Space Bad. Amazing what a simple deco change can do to a character.

BENNY'S CREAM FILLED HORN.jpg

Threezero DLX Shattered Glass Optimus Prime exudes menace.

• Like Like x 17
  18. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

yay! i got 86 Slag in the post!

• Like Like x 12
  19. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

I just received my Evac from Toy-fu today.
    It's truly marvelous, one of the most underrated voyagers ever made. Three successful gimmicks, two excellent modes, a fun transformation, and technically it's a Prime.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All in a day's work for the UKTD.

tenor (4).gif

• Like Like x 18