The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cocktail sticks will be too sharp and pointy, I'm looking for more of a cone shape. I could make them but it would be very time consuming for each spike, much easier if I can get a bag of a few instead

• Like Like x 5
  2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking about The Buzzworthy Bumblebee two packs - now on some level I think it's just Hasbro running a scam on Target. But it did get me thinking - about the idea of just throwing 2 packs out there - you can do all sorts of interesting things with the premise be they partnered characters, different sizes the same size both being deluxes or Both being Voyagers, or one of each and even them like say Shattered Glass or even just doing what they did with Puffer and harvesting the obscure to make something semi-new. As well as referencing past things like E-Hobby Gift sets.

Remember all those funky giftsets they use to have during the AEC era & the first couple of Movies & even TF Animated ?

Well what about that idea again - they could through out wacky things using moulds that otherwise wouldn't see any use like Fire Guts God Ginrai. or Nucleon Quest Super Convoy. Or even things like Sunstorm and Detritus.

Establishing the idea that "repaints" that they do have some merit of their own I think is a nice idea - Lets presume for example they will be using the VW/Porshe license again at both Hasbro & Takara then why not dig out the Netflix Beetle mould and repaint Bugbite with it in a gift set with the VW car mode and may be add the tats or do Glyph. they have a bazillion random Starscream repaints to do too - so they can always be the partner piece if they wanted to do giftsets.

I think "seekers" sell on the basis they are collectable as much as the characters. & sure they could throw out a Brown Box Nacelle if they wanted too - but why not shove some of them into a more general giftset like the one Fangry came in that people are broadly positive about in some sense or another. not to mention even if one goes by the cartoon alone there is a real seam to farm with "generics" too - (see the forthcoming green sideswipe) - an example being how Bluestreak like generics existed in the Netflix cartoon with the same deco as Decepticon Mirage, and if one is looking for a generic Autobot trooper deco there is always Auto-troopers or The Cyberverse deco in blue that can be copied & the advantage of a vs pack of generics is that they'd sell a fair few multiples - though come to think of it that might work really well as the thing to include in a newer version of the Centurion / Tricranius like sets sold with "bonus bits".

• Like Like x 4
  3. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    'Oh, the things we'll accomplish together. A spot of light genocide, a touch of armageddon and marathon binges of Love Island and Geordie Shore.'

EDGELORDSCUM.png

• Like Like x 12
  4. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

5. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    just bought Armada Tidal Wave off a fella on Facebook, for an incredible price. really looking forward to the big lad.

• Like Like x 12
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    LEGO Unicorn Horn too spirally for your liking?
    How about Model Support Goods Spikes?
    [​IMG]

Although annoyingly due to the HLJ sale you can't order 'em in multiples at the mo'! BAH!

I'm no expert, Hasbro, but maybe a full colour render of that flight stand might have been the best way to reveal that tier, eh?
    PULSE_TF_VICTORY_PDP_COLOR-DECO_02_2000x.jpeg
    Better late than never, I suppose!

• Like Like x 11
  7. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Sounds like you are speaking from experience, oh my God, you are Kup!

Slept in worse places to be fair.

I still like a bath to sleep in.

He is an Awesome figure. Well played sir, I need to go look him out and have a fiddle.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Those coloured pictures...

pQYaVqp.gif

• Like Like x 10
  9. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

youre welcome. still have the other bits for cost of postish. + some others;
    s-l1600 (20).jpg IMG_2021-09-17-20-32-05-704.jpg IMG_20210922_202626.jpg
    Sixshot instructions £1
    Crosshairs head £1
    Kreo Ratchet minus head £1.50 (or £3 assembled)
    New sealed minicon £4

all include postage

• Like Like x 6
  10. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

• Like Like x 6
  11. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Oh man, a Prime Wheeljack with the increased articulation of the ER mold but still otherwise the same would be lovely! Especially for sword poses!

As long as it's not a partworks series :lol 

Never watched/read Gundam but damn that looks cool! :) 

:lol :lol :lol 

:lolol 

As for those colour 'renders' of Star Saber, I'm dubious if they're true renders as some of the colours, especially those greys, have a certain digibash look to them, like they've coloured over a grey render to me. Will be more helpful to see what it looks like in actual plastic and more natural light than these pics are.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Looks like the shield is the third tier. You can see it on top of the jet mode in the back view.

Yep, that works nicely for me. Would have preferred jan as a tier unlock but meh.

Congrats! Tidal wave is such a fun figure!

• Like Like x 9
  13. Xaran Alamas

Forgot to say: My guess for the Cyclonus' Armada figure - I think it's going to be a Dark Purple redeco, which looks like it could also be a toy deco based on the pics on TFWiki of the G1 toy.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Not only that, It's clearly there on the wee turnaround video in the Pulse page gallery now!
    Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 20.53.01.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 20.55.43.png
    Oh, Hasbro! If it ain't too little info, it's too much! :lolol 

• Like Like x 15
  15. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Re-reading my favourite comic about transforming mecha: Incredible Change-Bots
    IMG_20140204_230709_298.jpg IMG_20140204_230713_462.jpg IMG_20140204_230719_348.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  16. Xaran Alamas

• Like Like x 5
  17. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I suppose the stand is "Alright" but I'll be honest if it was a serperately sold 3rd Party accessory i'd only buy it if I had the intention of painting it black - since I can't do that to the actually official one though I'll likely stick it in a draw and forget I even owned it and so I'd rather of had the shield.

Also am I the only one who is thinking they need another blast effect to go with that bonus Cannon ?

The ill balanced nature of the small gun on one side and the giant one on the other makes me think... Hmmm in the very unlikely event they get a higher teir than the shield - I would suggest that they consider including the "other weapons" the Robotmaster one had, and perhaps allow them to store in a cluster with the small canon and that might balance the look out a bit (but then I always put play value over accuracy) but maybe there is some where underneath they could be stored - I would hope a 3rd party makes them though if Hasbro doesn't - it would be fun to have them.

Random Thought : If they repainted this in the "Evil" colour scheme as a retail toy in 2023 would people be pleased or Angry ?

• Like Like x 3
  18. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw the unicorn horn, not a terrible option but not great either, the spikes are cool but too much of a range of sizes. I really just need about 15 of the smallest option I'm thinking.

These may well be the fave
    Screenshot_20210922_213110_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Actually a mix of the two might be a good option.
    Screenshot_20210922_213634_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  19. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  20. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pissed. And I'm not backing.

I backed Unicron and the Haslab USP was that it was a one off piece.

A repaint goes against that ethos.

• Like Like x 5