The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    The unexpected and entirely unwelcome return of kiss players! :eek: 

• Like Like x 5
  2. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn’t think it was fishy! Just thought it showed how weird/bad the distribution and communication from hasbro is

• Like Like x 4
  3. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Is that the story of kiss players?

• Like Like x 3
  4. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, wasn't intending to suggest that. Just highlighting to Wolf that it was front-paged, and that it was unusual without a receipt. It's quite possible a pic was sent to Black Convoy to confirm and it wasn't posted.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Is there a chance they'll work again when they dry? People say that about phones right

• Like Like x 4
  6. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    You've just reminded me I need to put a deposit down on Monocrat Megatron with TFS too!

Weird as it sounds, I'm actually a bit aggrieved that I've had to buy Scorponok now as I wanted those two Starscreams and FansHobby Siren. Tsk.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  8. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Part of it. The thing is, there's some really great story ideas buried within Kiss players, but it's too tainted by..... other stuff.

It's set just after the movie. Galvatron, having got thrown out of Unicron, lands on top of Tokyo, wiping it out from his impact. This leads to the formation of the EDF and all transformers on earth being listed as enemies, with the EDF taking away the remains of Galvatron and using his body to design and build the Autroopers. This causes Hot Rod to feel a great amount of remorse for his actions screwing over Earth like that since he was the one who launched Galvatron. Meanwhile, I forget exactly how, but Prime's body is being transported by the EDF when a young Marrissa Fairbourne brings him back to life (I think she kissed his corpse as a final farewell and that did it, and how she learnt she was a kiss player). Hot Rod catches wind of this new person claiming it's Optimus and believes it's a Decepticon trick to try and sow confusion amongst the Autobots and undermine his leadership. Still feeling guilty about his part in Prime's death, Hot Rod goes to earth to kill the imposter and restore honour to Optimus's memory, prompting Prime and Marrissa to go on the run, as the EDF is also trying to hunt them down and kill them (I forget if Marrissa is rogue or just not a member of the EDF at this point). While all this is going on, Unicron cells that were blasted off Galvatron's body when he landed dispersed into the atmosphere and started causing human technology to turn into crazed transformers, culminating in the Legion, unstable car transformers that all have Megatron's head (and we stop there with the description of Legion:eek: :eek: ). Eventually Legion all converge on an underground bunker beneath the ruins of Tokyo where the body of Galvatron is being held, restoring him to life and having a showdown between him, EDF, Optimus and Hot Rod. I forget how exactly it plays out, but it ends with Galvatron off earth, transformers being put back on the earth friend list and Prime's resurrection turning out to only being temporary and he forgives Hot Rod for his role in his death, easing that burden on the young autobot before Optimus dies again, setting the stage for season 3.

I mean, there's all that other horrible stuff you don't want to know about as well, but yeah, that's the broad story of Kiss Players with all the icky removed. Like I say, an actually good story that's too tarred by the rest of it for it to get the recognition.

BTW, no, I haven't read it but I did read the tfwiki synopsys of the story.

They've been out the attic for a couple of weeks now. That's why I'm thinking it's the heat affecting the solder, rather than moisture. Still, managed to sell the raspberry blowing dalek at a reduced price, so all in all, got enough for @Apollux mp36 now, just need a little more for the dino's.

Where is the mtmte love for mtmte pipes? Someone must want him that's disappointed kingdom pipes is toon face.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Little late with Friday #deskbot but gone with "bot who has a much better alt mode than bot mode." 2007 Movie Incinerator. Miraculously the rotor gimmick still works.
    20210924_092625.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  10. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

If they sold a flattened version that comes apart like a weaponiser then I’d be interested….

• Like Like x 7
  11. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    This is why you are the brains of this operation Sam.

Bad craic. But of course Thunderbird 2 survived.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  12. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    I remember seeing this in droves on Smyths shelves back in the day, always on clearance. Poor bugger.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

Well while both my local Entertainers lacked new things, I did get this eBay arrival this morning. He’s going to be modified into a certain cowboy themed Ex Autobot to join Bug Bite and Exhaust

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  14. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Was given this as a leaving present by a colleague before we moved up to Yorkshire, and only just came across it again while having a bit of a sort of things for the sales pile.

A00B6E68-4555-47C0-93C5-1C0FBE592D67.jpeg 977064B6-A3C4-4D22-972B-7B72E9D86DC3.jpeg 1286E5E7-E026-40D5-ADD8-88EB2CD5F597.jpeg C8C50D6C-12D0-4AC2-AC63-90B114F13A23.jpeg

Cute little fella.

• Like Like x 14
  15. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I may well be interested in BW Grimlock if you still have him when I get paid next week. Something about that deco calls to me...

• Like Like x 7
  16. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Just been reading up on it to see how much I got right. Pretty close, although there is also a subplot about the leader of the EDF (EDC actually, but the japanese name is EDF) secretly using all the kiss player tech, autotroopers, legion and Galvatron's Unicron powered cells and wrecked body to try to resurrect his daughter who was killed when Galvatron hit Tokyo. Seems her spirit got trapped in the Legion thanks to the Unicron cell energy and her bloodied ghost is spotted a couple of times riding on the shoulder of a Legion, leading them.

There is a flattened Pipes you can buy. Doesn't come apart, but he is flattened. But alas, it is not the pipes I have for sale.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Ottertron

News Credits:
    No worries man, just give me a shout. I'm just not keen on that mold, although Grimmy's robit mode does look nice. Dinobot himself will do me though. £25 including postage alright?

• Like Like x 4
  18. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That sounds great - I get paid on Thursday, so I'll drop you a line then. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  19. Ottertron

News Credits:
    No probs mate :D 

I did consider tarting him up with a more 'correct' paint scheme but then I realised I couldn't be arsed.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    We need more TF Osprey characters.

• Like Like x 5