The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

:D 

Funnily enough, I've not actually watched Hentai xD

Yes yes I forgot about Shockwave :p 

I love how you find all these weird Transformer altmodes :D 

The lack of beast mode articulation is the single main reason I've not been drawn to buying the Beasties I think.

:lol 

• Like Like x 8
  2. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Happy Birthday good Sir

• Like Like x 3
  3. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  4. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

Nice!

Where and how, please?

@Rockdown mentioned their route was Germany via Amazon UK. I cannae find this mad lad on there.

Amen!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been thinking that folk complained about the deaths in tftm but really if the cartoon had been allowed to it would have shown a few deaths of characters through season 1 and 2. After all the whole story was pretty much about a war between two factions it's only realistic that there would be casualties.

I wonder if there are episodes where the deaths would have fit better and been more meaningful.

Then again the comic managed to kill off characters and make it work so I guess we sort of got that to some extent.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Bit fiddly getting the feet transformed now, but doable. I'm very pleased with this.
    20210916_224408.jpg 20210916_224420.jpg

Had him pop his head up in tank mode and say hi to my wife. She laughed.

Would anyone be interested in buying my doctor who and dalek figures? Got 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11 and war doctor, plus various different daleks.

• Like Like x 11
  7. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    The Henkei toys are lovely but I actually think the Classics is better on this rare occasion. The Henkei tries to go G1 like the 85 toy, but the design is based on the Pretenders Classic version. It means the US Classics version is actually more faithful to the intended design influence.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

Heh. You could do that scene from Endgame.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Netflix have even stretched out the would-be child-friendly MOTU. All the quality and potential is right there so naturally they made ten 25 minute episodes where characters say and do things merely to kill time.

How many other massive brands are they gonna tarnish this way? So far it's Marvel, MOTU and Transformers!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef! TFW2005 Supporter

I did the same with my Pulse orders. I regret paying for the premium membership now. Hey ho, more sales for the smaller businesses!

TFSAFARI sent me some ramps which are solid. Also the ark stand thing. It’s simple but effective and I like using it as a prop.
    Also, Newage Hephaestus arrived! I ordered the full set from TFS Express so had to wait a bit and live vicariously through YouTube. However, it was worth it, individually they are what you expect really. It’s not Generation Toy but they are a stark improvement on Hulkie. Some have very good articulation the rest are only lacking in the foot area otherwise damn good.
    Combine mode is where this set really does shine though, trouserformer but I am happy with this as it reduces compromise in various areas. Articulation is amazing! Ab crunch and unhindered waist swivel are highlights.

41812256-94B1-46B8-AAF7-4E0EAFFC555F.jpeg E704C12E-1565-4049-B523-3A60207FCA90.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  11. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Gwar the Mod Butcher

News Credits:
    Yeah that’s how I got mine, was the last one. The listing was removed straight after I ordered him, sorry.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

am i right in thinking leg fillers fold out and do away with the need for the partsforming shield piece? if so, nice!

worryingly, I've convinced myself over the last few days that I'm gonna have to get a Studio Cell Unicron. Probably the new grey one as its cheaper and more available. whats gonna be my best option for getting hold of it? preliminary searches seem to indicate around £250 on ebay or aliex, $300 on show z or tfsafari, so probably around the same with shipping? am i equally as likely to get clobbered with customs via each of those? any other suggestions? ta

• Like Like x 5
  13. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A fucking flight stand. The fact that Leo's gun was a Tier 1 bonus is ridiculous anyway, but when others have quite rightly pointed out we're still missing tail whips and shields, somebody is taking the piss. Bonus items should amplify the experience, not complete it.

• Like Like x 19
  14. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

@Xaran Alamas looks like everyone's feeling the slipstream love

• Like Like x 8
  15. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

I preordered the grey one when it came up on ShowZ and it arrived without getting caught in customs, though no guarantee you'll have the same luck.
    Absolutely love him. Looks fantastic in both modes and the transformation is pretty straightforward (only needed to look at the instructions in one or two places) even if there's a lot to do thanks to the sheer size of him.

Just been fiddling with mine today as I have a sort out of a few bits to get rid of (definitely not this!)
    I'd love it if MMC found a way to reuse/remould their Eris for this (wings instead of tracks onthe back, maybe?). Or just any new, larger version really...

• Like Like x 9
  16. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I didn't think I was going to get any of the Unicrons, but Studio Cell Pumpkin version is absolutely perfect, absolutely what I wanted. Colours. Size. Outline. Weight. And that head/face design!

Kudos to anyone who has the Haslab version, it's just a little larger and backpack heavy that what I would like and I'm not personally a big fan of the face. It's a great WFC Unicron and there's so many versions of Unicron there is definitely a place for him. Studio Cell was perfect for my needs.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  17. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Ah I remember getting the Spectrum 128k as a child. Happy and simple times. Psychedelic load screens. RIP Sir Clive.

• Like Like x 8
  18. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

100% agree. I was already miffed about the V-Lock cannon not being included as it’s a key part of Victory Saber.

In the defence of the stand, the Victory V they’ve molded into it is pretty cool. Someone in the main thread came up with this but thought it would be really awesome for the final tier to upgrade the display stand to play the Victory theme and have some voice clips, maybe some lights or something? Now that’d be worth it.

Give us the fucking whip and shield Hasbro.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

You have one! :eek: 

• Like Like x 4
  20. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Today in posts that have aged poorly.

Fucks sake, Jon.

• Like Like x 14