The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Replacement head for Haslab Unicron? More colour accurate ;-)

@Insurgent - I got the Nemmy Bee for about £48 a year ago. I think the price has crept up. Less availability.

I’m toying with PO’ing this. Have you seen this thread?

OV-01 OSKO SS Sentinel Prime

• Like Like x 6
  2. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    "Good news kids, ive set up a nice tent in the garden. Now get out of daddy's new titan cave"

Works for me.

Who hasn't wanted to sit on the chaos bringer face?

• Like Like x 10
  3. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought that when I first saw them and planned to pick up Loki and Sylvie only. Having got those two it was obvious the quality has been stepped up by some margin so picked up the others.

And wow, the last Mr Gold minifigure from season 10 that sold went for £770 end of August. Crazy price.

And £2,750 for a sealed one with certificate early August.......for such a small figure, really does make tfs seem great value.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  4. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

Took a week to get the complete set, our local Lego store sold out of Falcon/Capt on release day. Capt Carter is easily my favourite.

• Like Like x 4
  5. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Ronaldo scored his 3rd goal in 2 games since returning and then things gradually went to shit. This is The United Way :rolleyes: 

In better news, I got a message from Star Action Figures saying Ultron's been posted so might be here tomorrow along with the 3.75" Jawas and I've just ordered Gnaw from C&C.

@SJW,
    Might have a look for some of those biscuits and/or Jaffa cake donuts next time I go to the shop to restock on snacks. Probably have to make 'em last a bit longer though 'cos scoffing an entire packet at once would send my blood sugar into orbit! :D 

Also,
    Buy that guinea pig a tiny fez!, he'd look adorable! :D 

• Like Like x 8
  6. Blitzwing75

Quite a poor picture as it’s dim light in my hallway but all my mini figures are mounted up on display. 7D8E1A9C-6EDA-4390-9034-48D6F2493270.jpeg

• Like Like x 18
  7. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone know where I can get decent faction labels cheaper than from Toyhax?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see you have the classic Jor-el and Zod that came with the batman series. Probs my favourite 2.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Very cool :cool:  is that TFP Dreadwing's sword?

Love seeing the Ark with Fort Max. Quite the useful size comparison! :eek: 

Lol:lolol 

• Like Like x 4
  10. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Slag and Gnaw should hopefully be here by the weekend :D 

Out of curiosity, which limbs are supposed to be weak on Slag? And can you tighten them anywhere like Grimlock?

• Like Like x 4
  11. Blitzwing75

My favourite from Batman collection is Catman and Nurse Harley.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where'd you get him for £60? I've been searching Evilbay semi-regularly and he always floats about £80 or more from America, not sure if that even includes tax.

He's the only one I want from the set.

• Like Like x 4
  13. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

Thanks :)  it is indeed that sword, although it was from Skyquake not Dreadwing in this case. It’s one of those random accessories I’ve held onto over the years that never really fit anywhere but I think it’s finally found its home with Exhaust. I did give it to G2 Sideswipe but I dismantled him for a custom that fell through and I cba to put him back together :p 

• Like Like x 4
  14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I mean For Flip's sake come on!
    Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 21.28.27.png
    The Free Nostalgia's fine, Lads, can we get some info on the Wave of new toys that's just hit shelves, please?
    And maybe when Wave 5 with a figure I actually want is gonna drop, yeah?

Ah, I'm probably just a bit grouchy that it turns out the clearance is well tight on Max Grim's tail at the second segment of his swordtailbone below the tip, and I've had to shave it down, clean it up, and repaint it as lightly as I can manage to try to prevent wear damage. Now to leave it to cure until the weekend before trying again!

So, yeah, words to the wise if you're thinking about repainting Dinobot or Grimlock's swordtailbone it's maybe one for you masters of spraypaint to keep the coats fine and thin for clearance, I also advise plugging the ports just below the tip for the small tail pegs, it won't take a lot of paint overspill in there to really jam 'em up I reckon!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  15. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

I mean Zetar was a redeco of an existing toy, done almost as an afterthought to help edge back a little of the cost outlay of the mould, so it's not like with like. I agree it'll be at least 2023 before there's a hope of seeing Thunderwing again. But didn't the leaks for 2022 include pretenders? Or am I misremembering?

I wanted to swap the head with Danaerys to make her look less recognisable, but couldn't find the figure. Shame on me!

I doubt there will be any re-use of the Victory Saber moulds. They're marketed as limited-release premium collectables, so it weakens their desirability if there's another use of the moulds on a less exclusive platform. Now if there had been a PotP Star Saber... yeah, that would have doubled up quite nicely as Thunderwing. But that ship has sailed...

The irony is that a Squirrel's tail is used for balance, but on Doreen it does exactly the opposite. Oh well, she's still delightful.

To be honest, that's not much more than the price was for Grotusque a couple of years back.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Me in early-mid 2000s: Wow, I sure would like a Cryotek! *buys a TM2 Megatron*

Me in late 2010s: This Perfect Effect Mega Doragon looks good, but if I’m patient and wait I can have it in blue instead! *buys a Mega Doragon anyway*

Me in 2021: Rumours of a new Generations dragon Megatron? *nervous sweating*

• Like Like x 11
  18. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was eBay on a buy it now, had been looking every day

• Like Like x 6
  19. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

To be clear, I was not suggesting a mold re-use. I was referring back to an earlier speculation of mine that the Victory Saber haslab could also be a way to trial various engineering gimmicks which might turn up in part in the mainline, kind of like how with TV series, especially sci fi series, the pilot will often include scenes in a lot of places around the ship/space station so they have those sets made and available for future episodes. So I was more thinking that possibly stuff they learn making Victory Saber could end up being applied to future figs, such as Thunderwing, down the line :) 

Also meant to say, had a laugh reading all the Wombatman stuff :D 

Also, Nemesis Pipes/Road Ranger looks pretty cool! I may have to pick him up :) 

• Like Like x 7
  20. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I believe it was touted as a 2 pack.

In my case I'm not withdrawing my orders but then I won't be placing any more either. I totally understand the distribution clusterfuck but when you collect as many lines as I do (complete with safety orders) I'm not giving myself any more potential hassle. I place GNT in the same boat now.

• Like Like x 4