The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

He looks great and I still need to source one.
    I also fear the legends rabbit hole where I consider replacing my entire collection with them.

I think Puffer looks better than Pipes right now. All four of them look great next to each other highlighting the subtle differences with the head sculpting.

It’s stunning that despite having weekly live feeds they continue to miss stuff until it actually hits release.
    How is it in the shops already and not even up for preorders here.

He’s great looking but I want to see Squeezeplay as he was the only on of the mini headmasters I had.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

IDT have them for more but a November release date as import stock. I went for Skrulls and SHIELD and will see who wins. If I'd more faith in Pulse's entire system I just would have waited!

Might cancel the Skrulls either way because I honestly know little about them!

• Like Like x 2
  3. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only tested the water with them 8 weeks ago on one space marine for £20.

I agree with your analysis and what you have said.

I paid for the figure and postage upfront so I would need to go through their refund process and might be easier to let this order continue.

I will rattle off an email to them tomorrow to get an update. From @Siege Fan earlier post he had a reply from Sonners. At least they are communicating and sounds like they are playing catch up.

I’ve got plenty of Space Marines to paint up so I can wait on one. @Prescient analysis will result in me swerving them for a bit. I’m surprised I haven’t bought anything from StarActionFigures since I POd the whole first wave of SS86. Are they now back on top of orders?

• Like Like x 3
  4. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

I'm happy to try and spread out my spending with a wait until Pulse get their stock. I'm old school enough to want Skrull's in with my Fantastic Four figures, either with the current FF figures (and the Super Skrull BAF) or the new FF figures that are on the way.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Siege Fan

Just FYI, Sonner let you cancel a PO without losing 15% after 3 months have passed from it's street date release.

Something I noticed they recently enacted a loyalty scheme but removed the £50 = free shipping option around the same time.

SAF now fall into 'Aw fuck, gonna have to' only for me.

@G1 Mirage Owner Was gonna do the same only the credit card debacle last time was the tipping point. Really am sick of admin because companies can't get their shit together over 20 years after the 'web became popular...

Well, if anyone can get a Sentinel standing it's Mr Motivator...

Screenshot_20210914-183231_YouTube~2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

Wish I’d picked “Exhuast” a while back. Has a bit of attitude.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Paneltron

Protoman calls them out on this on a weekly basis, and I’d like to think he has a bit more influence than your typical TF fan.

Their marketing “strategy”, if that’s not being disingenuous, seems to be bereft of any forethought. Yes, they do some stuff okay, but imagine the positive impact on sales if they actually got their shit together (and reduced the QC issues).

• Like Like x 4
  8. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    Went for Excalibur, a couple of Skrulls, a Shield Pack and a couple of the Spidey figures.......so, yet another opportunity to display adult maturity about handling a budget taken out the back and shot through the back of the neck.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Paneltron

Do you run around in a beat-up old white Transit, too?

I jest.

Unrelated… wife got me this:

627A9869-6319-46BF-B0B7-D4B81366F7A6.jpeg

Potentially coming to an international exhibition near you that has nothing to do with Transformers!

• Like Like x 11
  10. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef! TFW2005 Supporter

Dark Cygnus is rather nice, it may have itched the desire for SG Jetfire from Hasbro…. Between BW, SS86 and the recent Titans I will not have enough space for all of these new toys as well as my Legends collection if I don’t seriously consider knocking through the kids bedroom. Wonder if they will kind….

• Like Like x 6
  11. Siege Fan

"There's toys in it for you! Just don't touch them."

• Like Like x 6
  12. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

He does look wonderful. I'm always careful with masterpieces, but I'll be sure to be extra careful with him. Nemesis Bee looks great. Didn't know they did that. Must resist temptation to go looking for it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

I’m going to argue he’s the best G1 Blitzwing that you can currently buy, and he’s roughly the size of the original G1 toy which I LOVE. Definitely pick him up if you can.

I got mine from one of the fine chaps on here but the name escapes me atm, and the visor was done with a red sharpie. I know I shouldn’t but I’ve become addicted with using them for little details here and there. It only works on bright colours though. Wears the mold better than Wheeljack in my honest opinion, maybe it’s the brighter white plastic.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef! TFW2005 Supporter

I
    It only takes PMA, Positive Marvel Attitude!

Edit:
    I have become some what addicted to buying Toyhax labels for the Hasbro stuff. I have to say that I like most of them and for the most part they are easily detached from the sheet.

Last night I stickered up ER Zarak and he looks really good. I’ve also added them to Cromar, some Retro HMs, Kingdom Primal and some others but annoyingly, they really improve some of the detail on the figures.
    I know at some point I will be getting the Titan sheets too but they are really rather pricey at 45 USD.
    Any of you folks really go in for stickers?
    Incidentally, I have some stickers left over which I will collate and offer out to people should that be something people would want.
    @joetele I haven’t forgotten the fillers mate, I have been mega busy at work and haven’t been able to get home in time for the post office.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I wish!

Public Transport on a First Bus DayRider, plus Shank's Pony, and it was a fair trek along Shay Lane (itself surprisingly far from The Shay) to get on to Ovenden Road to get back on a First Bus (I actually made it all the way to the Ovenden Way Bus Stop before the next one back to town, most of a familiar hungover Sunday trek from when my buddy lived at Whitley Drive) because the service on Shay Lane appears to be with Team Pennine, a Transdev Bus Company, and the DayRider's First Bus only!
    Still it was a fairly even, maybe even mostly inclined walk as opposed to trying to shamble back up the valley side along Crooked Lane (yes, that Fey Way is really called "Crooked Lane") to snag the returning Bradford bus back! STEEP!

@motorthing @Paneltron There's really something either going on or NOT going on at TF marketing, yeah? Like I'm pretty sure a "Bonus Sneak Peek at Wave 4" tacked onto the the Front or Back of the Star Saber reveal would have in no way harmed the Kickstarter on the Fan Friday, and with a supposedly-added Wave 5 of Kingdom to boot surely October Pulsecon should be all about Legacy rather than clearing the decks of the last of Kingdom, right? Right?
    I really would appreciate the lowdown on WTF is going on with the not-even-hinted-at bonus characters on the Kingdom Website are about, like WTF are Ratchet, Barricade, Thundercracker, and Nemesis Prime doing up on there when there isn't, thus far, the merest hint of them getting figures in Kingdom?
    Come on, Hasbro PR, fingers out!

• Like Like x 9
  16. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone else collecting the new series of Marvel Lego Minifigures.

I have just completed my set after rustling through a lot of blind bags this week.

Brilliant figures

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I've been collecting Lego blind bags for years and I usually love them, I have loads of Marvel figs, and I loved WandaVision, enjoyed Loki and Falcon & Bucky. But for some reason I have zero interest in this range. I must admit I do struggle to pay £3.50 for these, maybe when/if they hit clearance.

• Like Like x 5
  18. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mad as a box of frogs... Do I want this?
    E_MC-SlXEAE4wdB.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  19. Siege Fan

If you've pets they might :oops: 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I don't want that BUT show me a Plush Embroidered Cybertron pillow/cushion, ON it like white on rice!

• Like Like x 7