The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. motorthing

motorthing Chilhampton St Peter War Memorial Society

News Credits:
    Star Wars and Marvel will never "allow" me to call anything definitive because there will always be another Luke that's slightly closer to looking like an actual human (but never all the way there) and an upgraded Spiderman 14 months after you got the last "absolutely, definitely nailed it this time!" version and that's the survival plan for pretty much all lines.

As I get more and more cramped for space I will call it a day though when I've achieved "Good Enough" and that's very, very close now.

Same with TF's - I don't want another Optimus, or Roddy, or Prowl now unless it's something completely different to G1 - because Good Enough is where the franchise is right now.

But I do want a Thunderclash. And 'Wing. All the Thunders basically......

• Like Like x 11
  2. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Indeed! Expensive, but still cheaper than Production Noise Maze

• Like Like x 3
  3. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime A smile better suits a hero

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've had my collecting put into perspective for me a bit lately, and the 'where does it end?' question really has been knocking about in my mind. I'm quite satisfied with where I've got to, I think. I'm closer to what I think my collection goals should be, and while there are a few gaps, it's going to be nice to be able to look at them all together once I've got them all out on display.

It's a fun hobby, and there'll always be more to get, but I'm pretty happy with what I've put together. It could just do with the rest of the dinobots making an early appearance.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Thunderblast? :p 
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  5. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Isn't that the army builder one that was only available with a DVD sold over a single weekend from a a mysterious wandering shop that only appears out of the mists once every 200 years?

I'd say it isn't worth it, tbh.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

That boat does have a lovely deco. Nice find @rikkomba !

I remember someone a while back suggesting that a hypothetical future Thunderblast figure could probably share a mold with Nautica with only slight tooling changes, namely making one a boat and another a sub but that honestly probably wouldn't be that hard. I just want a good Nautica figure dammit :cry 

• Like Like x 7
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Legends is definitely running out of stuff I want. Some of it is merely stuff I missed.

With TFs I'd really struggle to justify the likes of Armada or Unicron Trilogy (I hope), and it's not like WFC/SS86/Legacy hasn't given us most of the G1 you could ever want.

Ghostbusters depends on the Kenner line continuing and they're not exactly quick.

Thundercats in the MOTU style or something is the only way I'm touching that, not buying the Super 7 figs.

TMNT will rattle on with NECA for longer than I expected going by the movie announcements alone! Their Alien and Predator releases are reasonably stretched out though.

MOTU... with how they're eeking out Origins I'll be on the hook for years, and with the occasional Masterverse figure or ten.

I'm almost all-in on Mcfarlane's Spawn stuff and the occasional Mortal Kombat fig. Happily I don't need much of their DC gear because the comics are pish.

Funko Pop always has the capability to surprise :oops: 

• Like Like x 8
  8. Imperator

The problem with that idea is that you're essentially taking a purple female watercraft bot and retooling it into another purple female watercraft, and Hasbro tend to go with distinctively different decos for retools.

But yeah, a really good Nautica is another one of those gaps that urgently needs to be filled. To be honest I think Nautica is a far more bankable character for generations than Thunderblast, who's just another mostly-forgotten femme fatale cliché. Nautica just needs another bankable character she can share tooling with.

... Scourge?

• Like Like x 5
  9. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

Gen Selects Thunderblast from SS86 Scourge please. Probably one of the best female transformers in the entire franchise imo, needs to go to horny jail though!

3354AE4E-A865-428D-8264-163AB63270FB.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  10. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    @Ottertron @MyTea Boc This is on your recommendation. I'll report back tomorrow what I think :D 

20210913_230543.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  11. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

I mean, Thunderblast was already an alternate Scourge, with all the hair shaved

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Maybe not "Bankable" but I've always thought a modern Waverider with a better sub mode would be an easy light retool/recolour into Nautica.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

If you don't like it you're a proper wrong'un. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

[​IMG]

This wee man arrived from the ever-reliable ShowZ today.

[​IMG]

...and when I say 'wee' I MEAN 'wee'.

[​IMG]

LOOK AT THE WEE MAN!!!!! He's even smaller than JoyToy's 1/25 figures!!!

He's a great little figure, albeit fiddly, BUT he doesn't have balljointed shoulders, which I find incredibly weird. That is literally the ONLY part of him that isn't well articulated. He's even got an ab crunch!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  14. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Nice. Always thought that repaint would make for a good crosshairs. Wee head swap in order?

Christ, I'd hope to see the whole generations line redone in every colour under the sun before I'd be asking of kiss players.

Alternators. Aye. Kiss players. Nah.

Right? It's a state of continuous improvement. Every figure makes the whole Horde incrementally better. I do feel I could never be convinced to get another hot rod/ rodimus again, among many others.

This sentence makes no sense. They are as essential as the two kidneys I'd sell for them.

Does seem like he's on the long burn. I was daydreaming about it while.making dinner earlier. The tfcc thunder mayhem. They could have used the cw cyclonus mold there, made it actual thunderwing rather than the onslaught mold and a just about bludgeon. Then slap a repainted cw power glide on there painted as his inner Bot.

That have done me.

Which has put me in the mind of thinking Kingdom cyclonus could do as a good base mold for thunders.

Good man. Hope you like it!

Yes to this

• Like Like x 10
  15. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. DeadBiscuit

DeadBiscuit Well-Known Member

The only Thunder you really need:
    upload_2021-9-14_6-38-15.png

• Like Like x 4
  17. Imperator

See I've thought ever since Titans Return that, since a Sky Shadow retool would have been relatively straightforward and they didn't go for it, they were saving the character so that they could give it a proper do over and do it justice. But the years have dragged on since and with no sign of anything happening on the Thunder-front I'm wondering if plans changed along the way?

It's made more frustrating that there have been multiple points in the last few years where a Thunderwing toy would have worked just perfectly. PotP leaders with their power-up gimmick (I'm still angry about that fan poll even years later), Siege leaders with the bolt-on armour, both would have made for a decent modern version of his pretender shell. Hell, right now they could do a core class version of the inner robot and release a toy of the shell a year or so later that can integrate with it. But there's not been a sign of Thunderwing and I'm starting to lose hope.

As for Thunder Mayhem, I appreciate it for what it is (though I can't afford it), like CW Cyclonus and Galvatronus, it's a fun little sideshow, not a full-blown new Thunderwing toy. Same with the Titan Master. But both make the most sense if you assume that a 'proper' Thunderwing is just around the corner... which it still isn't.

• Like Like x 5
  18. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    "We're not Predacons here!"
    From 'Chain of Command'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  19. Imperator

PicsArt_09-12-01.09.53.jpg

"The mirror shows naught but an honest reflection. It is truth, and truth only. Do you see now why the Quintessons wish to destroy it, Hot Rod?"
    "I... uh..."

- The Transformers S04E05: "Truth's Mirror"

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  20. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Atwell as croft works perfectly. Heck, i dare say she could pull it off live action too. But the article says its a continuation of the last three games, which doesn't inspire confidence in that croft. Hopefully if its set later enough, they can lose all the whining and gasping and say she's grown into the proper kick arse character she should be. Doing it for fun, not because of daddy issues.

• Like Like x 5