The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

Marvel Legends stuff, not really feeling the Spider-Man figures, might get the SHIELD 2-pack as my Nick Fury is a bit wobbly. I don’t need many more Legends figures, classic Doctor Strange and Ms. Marvel mainly.

Transformers wise, if we actually get everything leaked/rumoured (most importantly including the rest of the Dinobots and Insecticons), then I’m pretty much done. We do need a Thunderclash though.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Could be interesting, i did start watching the Netflix show but it started getting too samey after season 2 so i stopped watching it

Speaking of Huttslayer Leia, i do wonder when we will be getting the 6" Black Series version along with a 6" Boushh version to go with the Endor figure

• Like Like x 1
  3. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    See I know my own little nerd mind. I'm sure 10 years ago I told myself I'd have finished collection once there was an actual generation's jazz. And then trailbreaker. But no, how could it be complete without power master Prime?

Headmasters? Can't be complete without those...

And the dance goes on. There will always be some obscure character or 'better version' I'll be after. Because I don't really want it to end? Toy robots are too much fun.

Watch this space: 13 years time I'll be moaning about needing generations kiss players, or beast machines.

A huge slugde is a key get for me. Snarl and swoop I'd be good with voyagers. I do think it was rumoured swoop would be voyager sized?

Like you say, there will always be some dragon to chase..

Wow. Did not expect that. Interesting.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Hate to even say it, tried Zavvi and Forbidden Planet?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

• Like Like x 7
  6. Siege Fan

I'm playing myself but for some reason everybody calls me Grizzlor on set?!

• Like Like x 6
  7. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

My collection has officially no direction.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  8. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :) 
    Beep, beep!
    IMG_20210913_193946.jpg
    This guy was on my wants list many years ago as I wanted him to stand in for my CHUG Targetmaster Crosshairs!
    Finally picked him up despite now owning Siege Crosshairs. Hmmm. What to do?

• Like Like x 17
  9. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Checked both FPs and Zavvi. Hoping A1 Toys just haven't got around to listing yet, I got my Fett through them.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    CHUG Energon Ironhide?
    EDIT: And now I remember that's who he actually was - D'OH!

• Like Like x 7
  11. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 1
  12. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

This evening I watched the latest episode of Ted Lasso whilst having a pizza. Between him and the modest lad from Portugal returning to United football seems a bit nicer again instead of a f'ing chore :) 

Because it popped up on Youtube I also watched a clip from this week's Smackdown and discovered Brock Lesnar has some sort of man bun going on. Fortunately for him nobody would dare tell him to his face that it looks ridiculous.

Roman Reigns might look the part physically but should never be allowed near a microphone as he's so monotone he makes early John Cena sound like prime Ric Flair and both Uso's will never be as over as their father's gigantic arse.

Paul Heyman should do the talking for that entire company because he's the only one who sounds alive.

Marvel Legends,
    In addition to the Skrull I'm also intrested in Hammerhead and the classic Loki.

Wouldn't mind the oversized retro Spidey figure to be Lizard....I'd also say Sandman but maybe that's less likely due to the smaller one on retro carding.

I keep laughing like Beavis & Butthead when I see Hobgoblin as my diseased brain thinks Nobgoblin :D 

Have a feeling my pal Rick would be cursing the lack of Redwing with Falcon so I'll have to ignore it on his behalf... the past couple of reveals are the first where I've not had the opportunity to discuss it with him so trying to stay light hearted and remember the daft things that we'd usually nitpick about :D 

@Xaran Alamas,
    Iron Factory figures do have a habit of doing that as they never do reissues. Worth keeping an eye out in case someone does an OSKO or something though as it's a great mould.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  13. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I just want to take this opportunity to say that She-Ra *by far* had the better core villains, not to mention She-ra herself is a bit more interesting than her brother. Her sword does more stuff, her transformation is more interesting (can you tell I really dig Secret of the Sword?). I was on my way out on He-man and that movie single-handedly pulled me back in.

Oddly, tho', He-Man had the better supporting cast (Man-at-Arms, Teela, and Orko > that archer with the heart on his chest that looks like Matt Houston :D ).

KISS players? That's a good 17 Optimuses, 6 Megatrons, 1 Shockwave and rumored Armada Optimus away before we remotely get to that. :D 

Yeah, i think they did say Swoop would be a voyager. I would totally be okay with that. Slag would've been fine as a voyager to me as well.

• Like Like x 5
  14. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  15. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ;) 
    ByvUhBXCUAEmY0c__scaled_800.jpg

Might bash an Op head on him and call him Pepsi Convoy! :p 
    PepsiConvoy.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  16. Siege Fan

I'm thinking Rhino is due a rattle...

Yup, pound for pound She-Ra is the better show (even the music), but He-Man paved the way.

Anyone into the Reaction TF figs? Tenner each at Games and Cards.

Marvel Legends Speedball is likely to be one of the characters for that trading card clue, seemingly.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  17. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Took that Eric Idle photo then managed to sleep through most of today and have just got up, so while that puts me back in the driving seat for work tomorrow night, it also means that was a fucking waste of a day :lol  I needed it. Bring on a night of toys and gaming I guess..

20210913_220735.jpg

On toys, this Wreck-Gar fella is an excellent, excellent figure. And if you haven't ever messed with a Newage product, is essentially made of the same stuff as their gear. He feels very 3P, without the over engineering. My only gripe is that this one, like Hot Rod, is really embracing the minimalist greebling and it's a bit at odds with some of the other figures in the line. Like Gnaw. And Kup. And Grimlock. And Slag. So most of the ones who were originally gonna be in Kingdom then. Fucking who gives though.

@Xaran Alamas, I'll sell you my Cygnus.

• Like Like x 16
  18. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

I mean yeah, I can't say I don't occassionally feel the same, but... well I'm looking over my collection and there's not a whole lot I want to upgrade. I got MP10-V specifically so that I wouldn't need to worry about newer, sexier Optimi down the line. Jetfire? Still love the T30. Cyclonus and Scourge? As of this year they're pretty much definitive. I have a Quintesson, Death's Head and a Nightbird, a bunch of daft old doofers as full-scale micromasters, an astounding Ratchet, a Sunstreaker I don't hate, Trypticon and Scorponok as a couple of utterly batshit insane titans and a Rodimus Prime who is just absolute pure sex. My collection is looking pretty shit-hot right now and honestly I've never felt so fulfilled my little plastic robotmen.

The only things I really want to upgrade are Thunderwing (obvs), Armada Starscream and pooooossssibly Jhiaxus. There's not a whole lot else in next year's line-up that caught my eye, so things like Skids are on a solid 'wait and see' basis. I'd give heavy consideration to a Skyquake or a Thunderclash, but again I'd want to see them - they're not essential additions.

But then, since there seems to be no hint of a whisper of a possibility of a Thunderwing any time soon, I guess I'm still in the game for the forseeable. Honestly I'd call this an open goal for MMC and any other 3P company, but they have such a long development cycle that even if they announced it today they'd take so long Hasbro could still beat them to the punch.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Oh sweet, that's the Minerva Thunderblast, right? Score!

• Like Like x 4
  20. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

The Death Star Pride March has a good turnout I see! :) 

Yeah... I was getting that impression. Frustratingly while having a poke around I found someone selling the IF Windsaber figure for considerably less than I shelled out for her :drunk  oh well. I suppose that's always the problem with waiting for a better price for a hard to find figure - you don't know how long to wait before pulling the trigger and you never know if you'll miss out on your one chance to grab it! Can't say I regret spending as much as I did on her though, she's a great little figure and so much character!

I must admit when poking around Omegalock for what to spend my refund on - once they've transferred it from TFs Express as my pre-order predated the post Brexit separation and they've agreed to transfer the voucher over to Omegalock - Dark Cygnus caught my eye, even as a cool 'con bot in his own right :)  though damn you for further enabling me on SG Jetfire :lol 

Arise, Pepsimus Prime. DESTROY THIRST!

!!!!
    I'll DM you

• Like Like x 9