The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I’m so sorry. ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  2. kaijubot-uk

kaijubot-uk Keep Running

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Mostly. There was a two pack that included it as part of the Hasbro line up, but otherwise Hasbro skipped it for the Supreme-class version.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Orion Ghia

Orion Ghia Co-Host of AARGH! MY OPTICS!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Where's my Shooting Stars handbags gif? :) 

• Like Like x 4
  4. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    In the Cybertron line, there was a red version released with a recoloured Vector Prime.
    Universe, the Direge version came with Roadbuster
    and the 'true' colours Starscream was a Takara exclusive.

The first SG Starscream used this mold too. It's a damn fine figure.

You're not sorry! Nor am I

Keep your horses! I've found a better ride.
    PicsArt_21-09-13_11-57-40-054.jpg

So I've had slag a day now, and I love him. He is a big chunky bastard, with a loose joint or two, but the best slag figure I've had since my G2 version - be it offical or third party. Like Grimlock, it's a shame he didn't come with a sword, but it's only a matter of time before someone makes one for him.

Biggest downside? He's only grown my need for a Leader class Sludge. I hope he's next.

Daniel figure? Nice to have, but I'd have traded him for a sword or a Quint prosecutor and cardboard door accessory. :p 

• Like Like x 15
  5. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought the combined tail and weapon kit for SS86 Slag. About £14 in total.

I was thinking I could probably get away with using the swords that came with the G-creation Dinos but size wise they are larger and would only be held by articulated hands as opposed to the closed fist of the hasbro figure. Wrong fitting.

I was surprised to find on eBay that there is already a hip replacement kit for SS86 Slag as well as the usual fillers and silver/gold horns to switch out the white ones that come with the figure.

Looking forward to us all getting the whole team.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

The two pack had widely different colour scheme to his show version. Screen accurate is takara only. Although i didn't know there was a deluxe of him. Thought it was voyager, supreme and legends only.

Starscream is providing motivation today as the desk bot. He's being pretty chill about it. 20210913_122629.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Wasnt that the 2 pack with Vector Prime? I have it but the paintjob is not screen accurate like the Supreme version was

EDIT: Ninja'd :p 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    No sign of an ID invoice for Wreck-Gar & Robot Triceratops, but I did place a late order after Hasbro Pulse screwed the pooch on the wave 3 figures.

Speaking of Pulse, I’m still not having much luck with their courier of choice at the moment…

90FF8557-2757-45B3-B340-5C48D86BC810.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  9. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

Wreck-Gar really is a weird mix of influences. Name based on a comedy comic strip Viking, evil mustache, vague Mad Max vibes with the post-apocolypic feel of the planet and alt modes, nipple lasers, speech references old TV shows, urge to dance in inappropriate situations...

• Like Like x 4
  10. w00dimusPr1me

w00dimusPr1me Well, that's just Prime!

So I finally got my ID "your order has shipped" email today for Slag & Wreck-Gar (after I paid instantly on Thursday, guess they were busy).
    This got me looking at what was available to pre-order and then I saw Kapow had stock of Gnaw/Slag/Wreck-Gar... so I caved... but.

I didn't buy from Kapow (I feel somehwat bad) as it was cheaper to buy from Pulse, so tagged on SS86 Perceptor and a Sweep (plus another Gnaw)!

• Like Like x 5
  11. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

I can't help but wonder why they didn't put regular Space Orks out first. Seems a bit arse-about-tit to do it this way.

TBH, I'm hoping Skelegod gets reduced as I want one for a custom idea but not at that price!

I learned very early on to watch the vast majority of review vids with the sound off. I only allow myself to hear Ben, Thew and that one Southern American gent with the very soothing voice whos name escapes me rn.

Hoping to pull enough money in this month to get both Deformation Space AND Cyberfactory Starscreams as I need them both in my life ASAP. I'm only getting half a month's wages due to my start date and have no idea what to expect. Fingers crossed I'll be more pleasantly than unpleasantly surprised as there are many robits due in the next month! :S

• Like Like x 2
  12. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Grrrrr
    PicsArt_21-09-13_12-50-52-927.jpg
    Raaarrr
    PicsArt_21-09-13_12-56-39-380.jpg
    Phase sixer my shiney metal
    PicsArt_21-09-13_12-59-22-602.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  13. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Supposedly Skelegod has weak ankles, just FYI.

Is Kato the American YouTuber?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Don't we all. :D 

That's the fellow! I think all the others should pay him to overdub their voices.

• Like Like x 3
  15. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Shipping e-mail from Comic & Cocktails confirms 2 Vintage Collection Offworld Jawas are en route.

Which means,
    [​IMG]
    I imagine a majority of fans will go for the live action debuts of Ahsoka and Bo-Katan, Boba Fett returning because the moichandise department demanded it or THAT ending to series 2 as highlights of The Mandalorian and with some justification.

For me the best moment is series 1 episode 2 where Mando looks over the ridge and sees the Jawas doing the equivalent of putting his ship on bricks. As good as the Star Destroyer intro in 1977.

It could only have been better if Rocket Raccoon was revealed as Chief Jawa and he said "We wanted it more sir" :D 

Only robot I currently have pre-ordered is Transform Element Scorponok from a 2nd run which is clearly taking a while to get done but new runs of their Rattrap and Blackarachnia have just happened so hoping not too long to wait.

I'll probably get Gnaw and Wreck-Gar as I originally had them on order with Pulse but cancelled but got a few other things to take of first.

@barry,
    Thanks, remembering our many discussions about Who in general is going to help me come to terms with the loss. When "Evil of the Daleks" is released at the end of the month it'll be a tough one as Rick had been itching for that one to be animated for years but now he won't get to see it :( 

• Like Like x 11
  16. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Speak of the devil!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

I might be waiting a while for my Slags but I did get this cute little fella:

86BBCDC2-E014-4E5F-B546-CC1D6B7620DD.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  18. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I've to 'stretch' my ankles these days if I sleep funny - didn't one day and it felt like they were sunburnt on getting out of bed :oops: 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Well this turned up a lot sooner that I thought it would. Thanks @Lord Raze!

20210913_134022.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  20. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

that man, he doth pick up the baton and run away with it he did.
    although I would say that painting over paint could lead to flakage later on and a nice primed grey boy would be a bit more reliable,
    budget for spry paints though, as Garfield would say - you've got a lot of ground to cover.

For a while it was the go-to at the boots, unfortunately as I cant stand the figure, not actually sure why...
    he consistently had chewed feet/front of spaceship bit I cant think of a name for now...

the annual or better pilgrimage to M+T Games in Weston was the usual success, although a trade in of several hundred pounds worth of TFs did only result in me carrying 2 different ones out of the shop and an accompanying wad of cash (Cyberverse Iaconus and a Jada light up eyes Optimus figure), along with some WH40K stuff and Harry Potter stuff for my daughter.
    they are adding a second shop in Taunton but that lacks the convenience of being in the same town as my Mum.

The big Cheddar boot on Sunday morning forced me off-piste into a Robocop truck...oops.
    Screenshot_20210913-140446.png
    I also picked up another appalling big Dragonstorm who is definitely for break-up now as he was wingless for a quid, but did provide me with one front leg, and that big B+M combiner thing less one limb for very little money indeed.

Unfortunately the weekend did prove to me that a 3 day jaunt around Somerset is a lot easier with my 18 year old anxious daughter, than my 13 year old autistic son....small moves Ellie, small moves.

Laters.

• Like Like x 5