The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Event Horizon would definitely fit nicely into the Mythos, given a tweak or two.

I really liked Colour. It felt very psychedelic and had a feeling like as it amped up your head was being crushed.

I watched the ‘hot new’ horror flick Malignant this afternoon and absolutely laughed my arse off at the big reveal moment.

It’s like if someone who wanted to be Wes Craven tried to make a Brian DePalma flick, but not as good as that sounds.

My main issues are that it’s the wrong colour and the back end is wrong.

Glad you had a good one mate - you definitely needed a break.

I kinda want one. He’s hench AF.

Saw the reveal of the next wave of Masterverse and there’s a few absolute smashers in there - King Grayskull, Trap-Jaw, Mer-Man and Scare-Glow all look fantastic. Mondo are doing 1/6 versions too and Skeletor looks incredible.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    Not that I'm aware of, but to be honest my mate wasn't as involved with the TF team back when the decision for the second HasLab was being made.

He also doesn't really send much of that kind of info back my way as it's always way too early in the process and subject to change.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

Hi Guys,

I’m looking for some recommendations, please.

Looking to modify/perform some maintenance on some plastic robots.

Can anyone recommend a good quality automatic pin punch (w/ ~1.5mm tip) that’s available in the UK?

Is there any other equipment that would compliment this?

Are there any good tutorials for using these with Transformers? Including things like how to get a pin back in place for reassembly?

Thank you!

• Like Like x 3
  4. BigBlueLuke

BigBlueLuke Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    There’s been some stunning photography in this thread over the weekend..

This wins for me though. Phworrr :D 

• Like Like x 6
  5. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind selection boxes staying year round...

• Like Like x 3
  6. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Charity Prime - Final Update

The chosen charity was Bliss - a brilliant charity for babies born premature or sick that supports families with a baby in neonatal care, works with health professionals to provide training and improve care for babies, campaigns for improved hospital resources across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, and is actively involved in pioneering neonatal research. It exists to give every baby born premature or sick in the UK the best chance of survival and quality of life.

An excellent choice by our winner and they've received a total of £162 from us in this thread (proof of donation shared with each other) , something I think we can collectively be very proud of.

Also - apologies this took a while, my eyes have been really shit since I've been ill so I'm minimising non-vital screentime for a bit.

Yes! TINY PURPLE WHEELJACKTM is also known by the incredibly catchy name of: Toyworld TW-GS02B WHISKY JACK (Black Version)

I use a Pixel 4 (it's great), but my wife has a Pixel 4a, and I am so jealous of how good pictures on it are. I mean all she takes are photos of our kids and who even cares if those are any good? The world is missing out on slightly higher quality transformers pics! Oh the injustice if it all.

@Napalm that picture is just so fucking amazing! A very worthy 1000th post, bravo!

• Like Like x 16
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I think Amazon sell them but I don't know the deal with them, really.

Sentinel screw fix

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, just Jolt and a repack of ROTF Bee

• Like Like x 3
  9. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Oh, so reveals of figures that have been spamming the movie thread with in hand pictures the last two weeks?:banghead:  come on hasbro, get your act together with these reveals and releases. No wonder i can't keep track of who is meant to be out when anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  10. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    This mould looks so nice in both modes, and it’s just a shame it’s not so nice to handle.

I’ve done a full gallery on my site if anyone wants to see more photos of Road Rage. :) 
    576CA217-B2D5-4754-9A11-2FF53E3950D1.jpeg EB02EC5A-F6CB-480F-A9DF-8A78B67A74BB.jpeg 551306E9-6A3F-4D37-92A3-165122203C43.jpeg 921651C1-C5A0-430A-89A2-E5E2F722556C.jpeg 6E5C1723-E383-457A-BCC6-04AD143F5010.jpeg 904E7C30-AEE7-4D86-970F-D910225F698C.jpeg

• Like Like x 25
  11. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Aww, Seahorse Prime is adorable! <3

:lolol :lolol :lolol 

:lol The only suitable way to display it!

Now imagining that photo with @Napalm 's photo editing :lol 

Lovely photos!

• Like Like x 6
  12. Madox003

Madox003 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Might be a shot in the dark, but I’m looking for the Iron Factory Ashura Knights set. PM me if you have a set that you’re willing to sell.

• Like Like x 1
  13. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Frankly they bring back memories of toy catalogue photos in front of dioramas :) 

Also damn, I've been messing about with Siege Jetfire again and I'm starting to feel tempted by SGFire again x'D stay strong!!!
    I just wish Hasbro would reveal a 'con Commander already heh

Also left field idea: what if Hasbro plan a Decepticon Ark redeco already and that's what the Dark Ark thing on the Golden Disk card is about? Would also have a place on MTMTE/Lost Light shelves as the Weak Anthropic Principal!

To be honest a few of those cards could make for cool selects fodder, like the Maximal BA in her Transmetal colours, or the now two 'Herald of Unicron' fates we've seen with Dinomus and Darkarachnia.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

17. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    It's interesting to look at the original and the picture of the Haslab take and see how closely they've hewed to the original. Before someone chimes in to say 'but Generations is just G1 with articulation/elbows', I think the best of the recent Generations figures have been the ones that have managed the balance of creating something that successfully evokes the original character while reconsidering how you might solve some of the design problems.

I think the Victory Saber 'bot mode is daft, if not even naff, as fuck but, it's far from being without its charms. The 'big jet' mode is where it's at.

I suspect Rick would be pleased with this, Brendan. Well played!

I've never been too big a fan of the JG1 stuff. I like Masterforce, but Victory tends to lose me, both in the toys and the cartoon. And while I like BW, my heart has never quite belonged to it. Now, if we're going into 'what if's...' I'm fully up for an alternative universe where the Euro G1.5 stuff rises to dominance (and no, I do not think that would not just be G2). To be fair, the only real reason I finally committed to Starsaber is because he seemed to go well with the Motorvators.

Forgive me for not being able to cite my source here (another denizen may jump in with the links) but I recall a news item showing preliminary Beast Wars designs, back from when it was just intended to be all G1 characters reformatted into beast modes, showing Prowl as a wolf (I think) based on what would become the Cheetor design, and Shockwave as Scorponok (the cyclopean eye design is probably the closest thing to a smoking gun there)

Have they ever done a Rocket Raccoon in his original green costume? I'd probably buy that.

Considering how closely he's based his youtube identity on that bellend off Retroblasting, I don't think anything else would be possible.

"Rhinox: Maximise!"
    from 'Beast Wars. Part One'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  18. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

PicsArt_09-12-01.01.09.jpg

"I don't - unh! I don't get it Crosshairs, why would the Quintessons be interested in a backwater planet like this?"
    "Beats me Hot Rod! Just keep blastin'!"

- The Transformers S04E05: 'Truth's Mirror'

• Like Like x 12
  19. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Morning. That’s quite a jump in price over the space marines. I might get one but definitely no squad of them for me. How is that Mcfarlane are pricing those at double the amount of the space marines?

• Like Like x 3
  20. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

Oof, that is one heck of a price hike! If these are around the same size as the marines then soemone really needs to explain the jump in price. Would that mean any possible future large Tyranid figure would be north of $75/£75?

Note sure I'll be buying the Orks at that price, I'm just not that invested in 40K.

• Like Like x 3