The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Orion Ghia

Orion Ghia Co-Host of AARGH! MY OPTICS!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I like Analog Toys, and Retroblasting but they are often a bit too 'down' on Hasbro, it's almost like Hasbro can do nothing right and as soon as they slip up they pile in. Not that I disagree with them, criticism where criticism is due obviously, this sort of error should not be happening. Hes totally right about crowdfunding and brand loyalty... I mean he's totally right about almost everything, a little hyperbolic but right.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Boom……that’s my evening sorted. The only MP’s I’m interested in….:p 

418F13FE-C5F4-4BC0-9010-C4E440BC9BB5.jpeg

• Like Like x 19
  3. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's summer for another 10 days ffs! Might as well sell them all year round, along with selection boxes and Easter eggs...

• Like Like x 3
  4. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

Yep, check my recent posts in this thread, I have a few for sale (I won’t repost and spam up the thread)
    Most are on eBay now but if you’re a definite let me know and I can pull them

• Like Like x 4
  5. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Whilst I fully see your point, I cannot over emphasise how much I fucking love mince pies….:D 

• Like Like x 9
  6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    Christmas stuff hits stores the 3rd of 4th week of August, Easter stuff hits in January (in extreme cases I've had to put Easter product out towards the end of 24th Dec ready for Boxing Day). Its awful but its not a surprise, its been this way for at Easter 25 years.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Plus it is ridiculously light for how durable it is, an actual IRL Wonder Material!
    I feel like I can actually hear the forehead vein of the Analog Toys fella throbbing with rage when he has to say the word "Transformers" and/or "Hsbro". Kind of amusing when his beloved Action Man and Force were ultimately also Hasbro toys licensed/imported to the UK.

• Like Like x 7
  8. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know, I know. It just seems to be earlier and earlier each year. Or am I now just officially an old grouch? :D 

• Like Like x 4
  9. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

With regards to Hasbro I think I've only seen Analog's 'sort out your GI Joe distribution' vid (he was definitely right there!). Retroblasting, I've only watched their videos where they've talked about the unavailability of exclusives and how bad NECA's QC can be (again, all totally legit). For me they're just videos that get recommended as I watch so many channels' output I never really dedicate time to just one or two!

• Like Like x 5
  10. Orion Ghia

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Heh yes there is a bit of that. I only notice it because I'm a bit of a negative nelly myself, to be fair he is really positive about vintage Hasbro products... he loves a lot of GI Joe as well as Action Force. However I'm sure they were just as mercenary back then if not more so... it's just he (and I) was a kid at the time and didn't notice. I'm often he same tbf.

Yeah they both make good points and I do enjoy watching them, but afterwards I feel like taking a bath to wash off all the negativity. Again, I'm prone to being negative myself so I have to be careful not to fall down a negative rabbit hole. It's just toys people!

Prime Vs Prime talks too fast.

• Like Like x 6
  11. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    I can watch most things with a focus on actually highlighting Toys/Figures - but recently RetroBlasting really kicking into Haslab and "that way of doing business" actually made me want to shout "Ok, they are a Business, this is what business now looks like in C21 - GET OVER IT!"

He's deluding himself if he thinks the likes of a USS FLagg or the Unicron we did get, would ever get done through straight retail - that era is long dead. If we want BIG then one way or another this is the way it's going to be achieved. Whining about paying Hasbro's upfront investment costs won't make Walmart find shelf space for $600/700 toys.

Other than that I do appreciate him playing mostly straight bat to some real pricks within certain fandoms, and not being afraid to call BS on the Repro-Nazi Orthodoxy too.

@Apollux - I know you get a lot of calls on your time and apologies if you've had to answer this and I've missed it, but was there ever any thought given to a bigger-than-Titan Ark being a possibility for Haslab?

Something in the 24"-28" realm could have had enough space to do everything the Titan currently can but provided enough volume for some Core class compartments in the body too - like the Big Millennium Falcon as an example of a bigger ship that interacts with 3.75" figures.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Orion Ghia

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Heh, yeah you may have explained my feelings on them both better than I can. Good points but with a side of "it wasn't like this when I was a kid.... cos things were totally different back then". Still a more interesting discussion than a lot of gushing, don't say anything negative, be grateful for what you get, if I don't keep consuming this crap they'll stop and what then BS.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Perception might be the real problem with negativity, online especially people feel they're in one camp or the other and life just isn't like that. Either way, I'd much rather somebody gave me their honest opinion instead of telling me what they think I wanna hear. I do reviews of TFs on here as much for myself (clarifying thoughts) as trying to be helpful for anybody else buying. I just go along pointing out whatever struck me about a figure, not worrying if it's negative or not. Might be useful to someone either way! I love reading other takes too!

It's also partially a response to movie magazines lol. Used to buy Total Film or Empire until there was a total disconnect between the words and the star rating. 'The pace was awful, the dialogue clunky and I couldn't see what was going on... 4 out of 5 stars!'.

Possible First Look At Transformers Deluxe Road Ranger & Puffer - Transformers News - TFW2005

• Like Like x 6
  14. w00dimusPr1me

w00dimusPr1me Well, that's just Prime!

G1Jim?
    I’ve bought stuff from him before and he was spot on. Descriptions were ace and the bots I bought were perfect for me. Would definitely use him again.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    This will be stolen at some point soon… just letting you know!!

No idea of origin, but I sold a Quakeblast to destronus a few years back… had MP29 and then realised over the last few years I really preferred the dark metallic purple and hench of QB, so I’m delighted to have him back. What a figure.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Orion Ghia

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    100%

• Like Like x 4
  17. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

Analogue Toys reignited my desire for action force after the D*cksucking over Valaverse fake Action force killed all desire for Action Force.

And I used to watch Retroblasting religiously along with Toy Polloi, but yeah the Retroblasting Negative conga line has made me check in sporadically. like it's been said they're not wrong, but that's almost all they're about nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 7
  19. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    Aliens is on Disney +.

The sheer incongruity of this should knock me over, but it's not even the most bizarre thing that happened today.

Mainframe original colours in Selects when? I would certainly go a couple just to fill out a control-room diarama.

• Like Like x 9
  20. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

@Napalm that shot is truly awesome. Fantastic job with it!

Laughed so hard, my wife asked me what i was laughing at!

Ss bayverses revealed? Dare i hope for Hatchet?

Yep. Beefy guy. That's why i use the mp for my classics. Well, that, and i never found the seige one.

• Like Like x 7