The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

That's clearly a Silverbolt that someone has photoshopped. ;) 

• Like Like x 7
  2. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

Nah that’s where you’re wrong my cousins mates aunts sisters husbands son was working overseas and started working in the factories and slipped me a copy on the side :p 

• Like Like x 7
  3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Someone needs to Photoshop thrust into that infamous bigfoot pic now.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  5. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I store other lines on them (currently anyway!) but do have a badly lit shot that hopefully gives you an idea of what it'll hold!

20210909_123105.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

OH YEAH. I'll get it in the hope that one day I might even get to RPG in person again, rather than over Zoom/Teams - which I TRULY HATE.

Plus, TTRPGs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CCGs

• Like Like x 6
  7. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
  8. G1 Mirage Owner

Got my ransom note from Parcel Force - £39 or Titan Scorponok gets it.

At least they are delivering him tomorrow.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Dont you just hate it when you get a bit of money but then have to decide what to buy as its not enough to buy everything you want?

Got a small tax rebate and am trying to decide what to buy with the half im not saving..do i buy one of the big lego sets...something for my gaming PC (new SSD or H-Shifter), a nice figure like the Threezero Snake Eyes or PAK 2B...or just buy a load of Marvel Legends/GI Joe/Transformers?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

Finally!

20210909_122659.jpg

I was starting to give up hope on this guy ever arriving in the UK. Funny, I only bought him as a curiosity, we don't get many modern iterations of forgotten prototypes that never made it to production back in the day. But the looooonngg wait has made him one of my most anticipated figures this year!

Also, I meant to post these the other day but didn't get round to it. Took my son to a classic car show and spotted some familiar faces! Robots in disguise indeed...
    20210829_150524.jpg 20210829_152231.jpg 20210829_151402.jpg

If I'd posted in time, that may have been the first UK sighting of Road Rage :lol 

• Like Like x 21
  11. G1 Mirage Owner

Haslab double bluff? Despite the hints, they aren't announcing a Rancor as the next Haslab, but a Mudhorn?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    That's a Bigfoot.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

More effort went into that image than Tracks himself,

Sincerely, the TURD

• Like Like x 5
  14. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be a bad move as they can save the Rancor as a possible showpiece for the inevitable ROTJ 40th Anniversary event in a couple of years.

@Astro-Furby,
    Threezero prices are very good compared to Hot Toys and the quality often compares very well especially the costumes and whilst their human likenesses can sometimes be off there's no such worry with Snake Eyes.

Up to you of course but if you go for quality over quantity it'd be a decent choice although it would potentially enable you on Storm Shadow :D 

• Like Like x 3
  15. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

I am very disappointed that so many people dislike Kingdom Tracks, it's not even fun.
    In other news, I finally found room for Kingdom Ultra Magnus. The garbage room.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef! TFW2005 Supporter

good news indeed! IF Cyclonus was the last of my longest pre orders! Glad that will be done!
    Hopefully IDT get their 86 figures in soon too.
    Good time to be a collector.
    I received T-Wrecks along with Kingdom UM and I think I prefer T-Wrecks’paint job to Megs.
    I wasn’t sure about UM as I really don’t like the alt mode at all but the bit looks really okay. I ordered the upgrade kit so hopefully that will improve my view of him.
    Anyone else gotten the previous upgrades for the other UM releases?

• Like Like x 6
  17. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a lapsed TTRPG guy. Cautiously interested in this.

In fact when I say "lapsed" I occasionally buy an RPG book, I just haven't played in many a year. The last one I bought was a PDF of Spire, which looks like great fun (you play dark elves trying to overthrow the high elves ruling your city. Character classes include a priest with a pet hyena and librarians of a cursed tube-train system... if the Transformers RPG looks like a fun wallow in lore I might pick it up even if I have no current plans to play.

My quote-unquote problem with RPGs is that I played loads of Paranoia, and a lot of other (otherwise excellent) games seem less fun after that :) 

• Like Like x 4
  18. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

I imagine similar thinking went into the new Star Saber fig. Like sure they could have put a little plastic flap to cover the gap, like that filler set for Soundwave I got - one of the only I have got as I got it for the cassette mode feature even if subsequently I removed those parts xD - but that probably shaves a bit off of the plastic budget elsewhere, especially when most people are probably not going to have Saber spending much time un-armoured up
    And as much as people talk about crowdfunding meaning they could spend whatever they want on it, they most likely are still running to a set budget.

Is that actually a transforming tractor? :O

I know! It's crazy!

Neat! Also damn, SG megs looks good, uh oh.
    Also kinda funny, newbie Prime, Megatron, Megatron fanboy, Upgraded Megatron :D 

Oh man Bone-riders, that was wild! Even if it was clearly trying to compete with Biker Mice from Mars.

I've been rumbled, all my pictures of him are Photoshops of Windblade! :eek: 

Oh man, you just reminded me of the next issue where Scorponok merged his spark with the original Sporponok AND merged with the Matrix!

AHAAHHAHAHAA That had me genuinely laughing out loud! :lolol 

If you have Jetfire that will give you some idea. He's roughly the same size and shape as a CW/PotP Combiner in robot mode.

:lol 

:lol 

YES!

Lol, well played :D 

:jawdropper: Robots in disguise indeed!

:D 

Edit: Oh and my brother who has been greatly amused by following my relating the saga of the Boneasaurs did a google and apparently the YouTube video of the theme song is the top result (though I think he might use Bing). He's tempted to post a link to it in one of his Facebook group :D 

• Like Like x 14
  19. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Haha, true that. Every member of the crew gets their own bios and full personalities. Emony is married to Amy Vok, a joined Trill ambassador, even though her super restrictive parents made it difficult for her to accept that side of herself at first and isn't confident in being in command, although since she had to take over when the Gorn attacked the U.S.S. Sentinel and both Stunshock and Talaina were taken out, she now feels confident enough being first officer of the Axalon, Xui Li is a Chinese officer who was born on the moon and has a high moral honour code and is very traditionalist with a severe fondness for Tribbles, Bosip is still scarred from the classified stuff he had to do during the dominion war and has a deep hatred of all Dominion, and can sometimes push aside caution to get some better engineering work created.

Ttorrkinn is a strong willed Saurian who is fiercely loyal to his crew, especially to Talaina since those two and Simba are the only ones who came from the year the Viper spent lost in a far galaxy and got completely fucked (the rest of the crew are from the altered timeline where they prevented that, which Talaina and Ttorkkinn are now in).

Toshme is an Orion who just wanted to get away from Orion's society and play with tech, joining K'hotiim's crew, where she playfully made her way to chief engineer, though that since became genuine between the two and she mainly just wants to have a life of fun adventure,always being super cheerful and acting way over the top and expressionful, K'hotiim's best friend S'ag from childhood, another Gorn, saved K'hotiim's life from a terrible car crash by pushing him out of the way, which resulted in an explosion and S'ag losing his left arm, legs and left eye, replacing them along with most of the left side of his body with cybernetic implants and forging an unbreakable bond between the two that is unshakable to this day, with K'hotiim making his friend his first officer. K'hotiim is slowly making his crew only Gorn (and the odd orion) who are secretly seperatists and when the Gorn Hegemony is ready, they will go against the Klingon Empire for free Gorn. Although with the recent change in Chancellor, they are biding their time to see how J'ula will treat the Gorn.

And Jenna Jones, the young helm officer of the Viper, came from a failed colony on the edge of federation space. Her parents died when she was eight years old and she learnt how to hide from the violent gangs that were roaming the colony, looking for young women. When she was fifteen, the U.S.S. Crothers stopped by and Jenna was rescued and adopted by the captain. It took her a long time to come out of her shell, but her youth and enthusiastic spirit gave the captain a new lease of life. Though she can easily blend into the background when she wants to, and she is still super shy around new people, she is devoted to her friends and on the Crothers, took an interest in the helm. Once while piloting the sovereign class Sentinel, she was able to kick the back out and cause the ship to power slide while flipping over onto it's belly in the middle of combat.

And I have spent way too much time this morning reading my old fanfics because of this post. Oh well, time well spent.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  20. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Fun read, but some paragraphs wouldn't go amiss ^^'

I take it from that Galaxy Far, Far Away comic that some of your characters crossed into Star Wars and/or you used them in a Star Wars game? :D 

• Like Like x 5