The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

Cheers all!

No chance of a UK or cheaper Europe option then? I really wanted a Scorponok to go with my Fort Max but Max is up in the loft anyway... with so much else happening I'm not sure I want to spend £200 just to tick a box!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

These are my characters and ships.

Talaina Kazzur. She started life as the first officer of my first character, an Engineer, but when I created my first tac character, I promoted her and used her for my tac, and she's become my main as I have the most fun with her. Here she is with her cat Simba. She'd be played by Sharon Stone of the Total Recall era in a live action series.
    screenshot_2021-09-08-07-46-44.jpg

And her ship, the T5-X class U.S.S. Viper. The registry is the number on Admiral Adama's viper in the BSG reoot. Yes, it does have the proper defiant interior too. :D 
    screenshot_2021-09-08-07-49-08.jpg screenshot_2021-09-08-07-49-16.jpg

This was my first toon, Stunshock. I say he's an admiral and all the other characters are captains. His flagship, the U.S.S. Halestorm.
    screenshot_2021-09-08-07-54-22.jpg screenshot_2021-09-08-07-53-20.jpg screenshot_2021-09-08-07-53-34.jpg screenshot_2021-09-08-07-53-39.jpg
    Old friends reunited
    screenshot_2021-09-08-07-55-26.jpg

My sci captain is a scottish betazoid named Rolana Imzavia . She'd be played by Karen Gillian in live action. Her ship is the U.S.S. Axalon. Her first officer, Emony Bearlo, also in this picture, was another character promoted from Stunshock's ship.
    screenshot_2021-09-08-08-12-23.jpg
    screenshot_2021-09-08-07-42-42.jpg screenshot_2021-09-08-08-10-45.jpg

My Romulan D'Elon. She's a loyal member of the Romulan Star Empire but doesn't acknowledge the Tal Shiar and is trying to maintain good diplomatic terms with the Romulan Republic. She would be played by Antje Traue in live action. Obviously flies a D'Deridex, as I love that ship. The T5-U I.R.W. Tomalak. Love that they gave us the option of having a I.R.W. prefix.
    screenshot_2021-09-08-08-09-08.jpg screenshot_2021-09-08-08-06-18.jpg

Finally, my main KDF. K'hotiim. I did make a klingon first, but this Gorn is my main kdf guy.
    screenshot_2021-09-08-07-50-41.jpg screenshot_2021-09-08-08-16-05.jpg screenshot_2021-09-08-08-16-14.jpg
    He flies a BortasQu' class T'ngeh.

Happy Star Trek Day!

• Like Like x 7
  3. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Unfortunately not, more like an inflatable sofa!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  4. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    I hope to...er, God...that there's a God Mode on this for consoles. I am not a skilled gamer :D 

• Like Like x 2
  5. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Very nice. If I didn't have to go to work, I'd post some of my crews too, but I can save those for later :D 

LLAP *Vulcan salute*

• Like Like x 4
  6. Insurgent

Peace and long life. *Vulcan Salute*

The perk of waking up early and working from home. Can sneak a little game in before work starts. I do have a few more alts, but these guys are my main ones. ironically, except for Stunshock who doesn't get much play time anymore.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

Just catching up on the thread - Snacks that need to make a comeback (but never will, sadly) -

62a2e4719ae8b71d874213dbbe79eb43.jpg

Crispy Bacon Thundercats Crisps, they were the absolute best!

100% this. Still hurts.
    All the talk of the Bay movies got me thinking maybe I should do a re-watch and do a mini-review for each, as most I've only seen once (which was enough!). But then, why would I torture myself like that? :eek: :p 

Ooh, that does look good. The original Matrix was one of the best cinema experiences I ever had. Some friends and I decided to go to the cinema one evening, we didn't know what was showing, just thought we'd randomly pick a film when we got there. Saw the poster with Keanu Reeves and thought ok, that'll do, having no idea what The Matrix was about. Mind blown.
    That was just the best way to experience that movie, walking in with zero preconceptions or expectations. Obviously 1999 was a very different time, nowadays we have multiple trailers and months of analysis and spoilers before a film is even out. Curse of the internet.
    As others have said, the sequels were less impressive, although I do enjoy the battle in Zion from the 3rd one. Anything with mech battle-suits gets a thumbs up from me!

Very cool. Never seen that before, that would have been quite the spectacle if they had gone that way for the movie.

TF's? Got the wheels up notice for Selects Sandstorm. Looking forward to his imminent arrival

• Like Like x 12
  8. danlevan

danlevan Well-Known Member

I don't believe there is unfortunately!

Also in the playing the shit out of Quake club. Just got onto the new episode, Dimension of the Machine, this morning. Fabulous stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Back to work(ing from home) today so Daily #Deskbot returns! It's time for Spinister with Singe and a Hairsplitter made from a spate Blowpipe body and Aimless barrels.

20210907_223220.jpg

Probably my fave deluxe from the Siege line. Great looks in both modes and wonderful transformation.

• Like Like x 9
  10. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last time there was a cheap option was the original launch and that was a while ago now.

Hasbro UK have stated (via kapow iirc) that no further uk release. Smyths still use Hasbro EU so could get one but unlikely now. Suspect the late arrival of 2nd run omega supreme and jetfire was covid delay related rather than as precedent. At best smyths would be c£160 now to match the ark.

You don't lose by holding out since you're not spending the money. Could go either way still but once the usa release and related £200 imports are sold out then back to £300+.

Both kapow and g4g sold their stock super quickly.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Used the Quake Remaster as an excuse to finally play it. I remember my cousin playing it on his Gateway PC and the frame-rate somewhere between 5-10 fps.

Didn't get into the FPS genre until Halo and have dipped I to old-skool types after living Room 2016. Loving Quake so far but also playing Shantae and the Seven Sirens.

• Like Like x 2
  12. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    Ah well....maybe when it gets reduced. Then it'll be worth it just to replay the first few levels. Although they have said there will be free mods available on consoles soon so maybe...it'll probably just be giant head mode or 'all enemies look like chickens' or something.

Waiting on my Prowl and Ironhide from BargainMax - posted yesterday but Hermes are still waiting for it apparently. I've already got Ironhide via a friend (and he'll be going to another friend) but it'll be nice to have Prowl to round off the Datsuns - another box ticked and a favourite character to boot.

My other delivery today (unexpected - paid for standard delivery rather than £3 extra for next day, and they've sent it next day anyway) is a preowned synth. This should make the upcoming album a bit more interesting...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Right now it's £165 total with BBTS before customs get their hands on it. Considering I paid £125 delivered originally...

• Like Like x 4
  14. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Can't recommend these enough for your action figure needs!

Screenshot_20210908-101824_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  15. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Happy Star Trek Day everyone! Nice to see other people's ships and head canon when building on the fiction in STO. I only 'moved' my first character from one ship to another this year, painstakingly recreating their customisation sliders one at a time... o_O 

I might share some crew later, but here's some arty ship shots I took:

This is the USS Endurance. The CO is a Vulcan Science Officer, so there are some blue hill markings in the same way LD does on the California-class ships.
    IMG_20210907_194326-01.jpeg

The USS Ultima Thule coming into dock. Gotta love that Galaxy-class frame.
    IMG_20210907_204604-02.jpeg

One of my newest additions is the USS Hestia (Clarke T6, though she's an upgraded Centaur-class to me).
    IMG_20210907_194334-01.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  16. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

image.jpg So…..WFC-K41 Kingdom Road Rage!

A quick review from what currently passes for the “lounge” at Chateau Skywarp :oops: 

If you are a vehement Tracks-Hater, look away now, whilst the mould was definitely flawed, there was some stuff it did right and this poster enjoyed his despite its frustrations.

First, the box!

The Kingdom artwork is consistently knocking it out of the park. I’m not sure if this is the same team, studio or individual, but the aesthetics have been there all along and RR can be seen in a dynamic pose with the lava and ARK in the background.

image.jpg

Despite recent efforts RR still uses plastic in her packaging, the tags holding the figures in situ are still present….

image.jpg

As with other Store-Exclusives, there are no cards or stickers, the instructions yield no surprises and it’s nice to see her headsculpt feature rather than just reprinting Tracks.

So onto the figure itself! I have long thought we are overdue Diaclone decoes in CHUG and they’ve finally shown over the last year or so.

I don’t own the E-hobby or Masterpiece versions and have only been able to admire them through photography contributions from the fandom. The colour layouts are all spot on and where they should be and I would love to see Toyhax do a G1/Diaclone inspired deco sheet.

image.jpg

I’m not going to go into detail about the mould. We’ve had those conversations for better or for worse! A quick observation is that the serial/batch number that was so prominent on Tracks has been more discreetly added on the inside of the lower leg this time.

image.jpg

Car mode on my copy, tabs together FAR better than my tracks does, the “original” flame graphic really rocks and separates her from her mould mate, flight mode is as expected :) 

image.jpg

image.jpg

All in all, if you didn’t like Tracks, then you won’t like RR. A new paint job and headsculpt prolly won’t win the naysayers over. However, if you want to diversify your CHUG shelf, have a cool Diaclone paint job and have something other than the “core” characters then she is absolutely for you :) 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  17. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef! TFW2005 Supporter

I assume you mean me?

I am not adverse to any tangent that people take in this thread, I was adverse to the fact that wrestling in particular seemed to cause arguments which meant that there was unnecessary tension being caused by people with opposing opinions and not giving any ground for compromise.

It wasn’t the first time which is why I made a point to speak up. And seeing as this is a Transformers thread and there are wrestling posts or threads to visit to have those arguments it seemed logical to ask people to do that. Everything else wrestling related is simply part of this thread and always has been it’s just some people can’t accept that people have a different opinion to them. I assume DX said something like “each to their own guys and remember kids, be nice to people…”

We are all adults here but sometimes some are more adult than others, clearly….

• Like Like x 7
  18. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New shit arrived today flex.

MP-52's days are numbered. Ditto for my CD version of this classic LP by the band Karate.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  19. Insurgent

Nice. What platform are you playing on, those screenshots look much nicer than my graphics. Mind you, my pc is about 8 or 9 years old now. I used to have those Endurance nacelles on the Viper to show off the advanced engines until just the other week when I switched it back to stock. And that Hestia is clearly an upgraded Centaur class. ;) 

Probably too late now, but a quick way of moving characters from one account to another is to go the tailor on the original account and save their outfit. Go to the second account, pop to the tailor and as long as they are the same species, you should be able to load the saved outfit, which should also set all the physical sliders, as long as Just Outfit is not selected. Unless they've changed it, or it works differently on console. Won't work on ships though as you can't save their outfits.

• Like Like x 3
  20. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    I'm hopeful if/when that armada prime that Tamara have been sitting on sees the light of day the trailer will be immense.

Oh god. No. Stop. Not like this...

Tis your bday buddy? Many happy returns.

• Like Like x 6