The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. John Burrows

John Burrows Well-Known Member

LOL !

So the Cricut is used to cut out designs on materials and it can do some pretty intricate stuff. You can do stickers on it but you need to print them first and then use the Cricut to cut them out. I've always fancied a crack at it but I don't own a printer and it can be a real ballache :oops: 

A few years back I used to sell customised designs for people like you see on Etsy. Was mostly stuff stickers for cars, walls etc but then I made the mistake of advertising Christmas Eve boxes and Hessian Christmas Sacks. They looked really classy and I wasn't expecting demand to be as high as it was and I didn't like to say no to people. I suffer from bad Anxiety at times and a touch of OCD. Sounds really stupid but when I was making them, I was seeing 'faults' that nobody else could when checking them for QC and constantly panicked that the clients would reject them so I did them over and over again. It completely ruined the run up to Christmas for me that year so I stepped aside and haven't bothered since. Now I just like to make custom t-shirts for the family for fun, the odd transformers logos to stick on things etc.

Aaaaaaanyway haha !

From being in that world, I like Toyhax because I know they use Oracal vinyl which is the best stuff you can get for the job. Believe it or not, they are really cheap as well, even though the prices look high. Knowing how much that stuff costs in the roll by the time you factor in postage, time taken to do the actual designs, and how clever it is that they've got the cut depth exactly right as often as they do and they nail the bleed margins on each sticker. And postage to us lot as well - honest, I can't speak highly enough of them.

With regards to the vinyl, Oracal is the best (IMO) but it's fiddly. You need a proper set of craft tweezers and it's easy to fold over on itself so you need to be careful. Also when you cut intricate designs on it, it occasionally doesn't cut right through on a corner. If you have a set of tweezers though, you can lift it from the other side's and gently tug it and 9 times out of 10 it will just tear the rest and remain in tact.

Edit : Found a video, this lad here explains it really really well !

• Like Like x 6
  2. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was the biggest I have found, full leg span was the palm of my hand but she wouldn't stay still long enough for me to get a decent photo.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    For those of you who aren’t keen on being invaded by randy 8 legged insects, I recommend getting some peppermint oil and a pipette, and put a few drops in window and door frames - they don’t like it, and will deter them from coming in looking for some action.

• Like Like x 12
  4. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Lol!

I've had a similar fella (or lady) turn up in my room recently. Two nights in a row I've had to put it out the window. I like to think it was the same one the second day... not the only time I've had those sorts of spiders turn up in my room but damn they're big. I'm not terribly bothered by spiders but I didn't fancy trying to sleep knowing one was around xD

:D 

I spot a fellow StarCraft 2 fan :D 

Oh wow :eek: 
    Though I loled at how the Horse transformation guide is kind of "You figure it out!" :lol 

Thanks for the insight :) 

• Like Like x 6
  5. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Ah, the judderman. Great advert, so creepy. He didn't scare me but those marshmallow hippos scare the fuck out of me!

You will feel a nice and warm feeling for a wee while, and you can blame your daughter and cat!

Been loving this pic series

Speak for yourself, I am the self proclaimed office hottie at my work!

Really sorry to read this. Best wishes to you and your dad. Hope your visit gives him a boost and is getting good care.

Take care and feel free to vent.

Aw dude. Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Take care of yourself and hope you are on the road to recovery.

Awesome pic

Another awesome pic

• Like Like x 9
  6. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Any musketeer connection is purely coincidental. Grimlock is Grimlock, TWrecks is SG Megs because that's the only way I can accept him having such a uniquely megatron head and Skywarp, the paint on him is so gorgeous, there's just something about his headsculpt and the way he looks that just makes me think aristocricy. From there, him being a victim of the pirates and wanting his money back is a natural story fit. The ship they are on is more of a Serenity/Millenium Falcon kinda deal. It's too slow to catch up to the pirate ship, only able to do so when they stop to plunder and pillage, the in story reason why they have episodic adventures of the week. The pirates always leave first, which gives them the head start needed to get to the next episode first. :lol  But L'Esprit Du Coeur is going to now be the name of Skywarp's transwarp yacht which is being held in the cargo hold of the pirate ship along with the rest of the treasure. Filled with all his terrible poetry. :) 

I always took that leaving voyager alone to mean just within the context of that episode, but she could be meaning a bigger picture. Haha, love that Queen chat room idea. Can just imagine how the others start going off on Thompson's queen when she starts self destructing ships in Unimatrix Zero. :lol 

I think I read that about the tactical cubes somewhere. The producers or director wanted a beefed up Borg ship for the episode, and the art guy was stumped, because he had very little time to design a new shaped ship, so he just thought "screw it, just start slapping thicker armoured panels on the cube." May be paraphrasing a bit there, but that's the general gist of the story I read.

Oh I would have loved continuity with damage and resources, conflict among the two crews more. Too much studio interference though. They just wanted another TNG, they also told the actors playing humans to play it mild so the alien actors would have more contrast. Rom Moore left Voyager in disgust over the restrictions like that, and made BSG basically to work it out his system. Just think, if he had his way, we would have had a Voyager with the continuity and consequences of BSG. Studio meddling tied Voyager's hands far too much. The actors have basically said even the writers didn't give a shit about continuity and working with the characters. Kate Mulgrew has even gone as far as to say she considered Janeway bipolar because of it all.

I'm ok with the 8472 infiltration episode. Here came this one little ship that worked out how to genocide their race and technology super quickly. Given their militaristic nature, I can fully see them trying to infiltrate this new species and figure out how to kill them in retalliation. I'm glad they didn't come back after that though, brokering a peace treaty between them was the right way to finish that story. You don't come to Earth and kill us, we won't come to your realm and kill you all. We both stay firmly away from each other and never interact again. And we won't help the borg attack you again.

Now, if Janeway was right to get involved in that conflict in the first place is an entirely different matter.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That isn't the case they take the money some of the time on items now specifically listed as a pre-order.
    Such as when the item is listed as "available in 4 weeks" they take the money then immediately. (but even that seems to be somewhat on a case by case basis - I think purchasing a pre-order along with an instock item causes the entire order to be charged).

Anyway what I actually wanted to know is there any way to know if you have been charged or not in advance -> as I can't tell the difference between details taken and not charged yet and funds taken - short of looking at my bank account to see if the money has been removed or not.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    ItsvSaturday and my housework is done. Time for some Quake Remastered and Shantae and the Seven Sirens since I completed Psychonauts 2.

• Like Like x 2
  9. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Got a set of Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron and split them on ebay if anyone is looking for them. Link in sig. The main body already sold overnight. Also some Combiner Wars bits are up too.

20210902_183051.jpg 20210902_182740.jpg 20210902_183249.jpg 20210902_184052.jpg 20210902_184457 (face).jpg 20210902_185653.jpg 20210902_194832.jpg 20210902_195033.jpg 20210902_200129.jpg 20210902_204740.jpg 20210902_205954.jpg 20210902_210241.jpg 20210902_210558.jpg 20210902_205425.jpg 20210902_210748.jpg 20210902_211821.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  10. Xaran Alamas

I love how many things in Trek, and indeed Sci Fi and TV as a whole come about from the art/prop department needing to make something quick :D 

Like we can also infer different types of Borg Cubes too from Voyager as the ones encountered by Voyager are on the whole smaller than the ones the Enterprise encountered, perhaps the ones sent on deep space invasions are bigger? I vaguely remember some old bit of lore from a technical manual that suggested Borg Cubes were composed of multiple smaller cubes or some such though that was never mentioned or shown on screen.

Of course, it could also just be that the Voyager prop model was about the same size as the Enterprise-D, even if in universe Voyager was a much smaller ship ;) 

I mean, that's literally the reason there are two types of Birds of Prey, the smaller kind from the ToS Movies and the larger kind from Next Gen. Model re-use baby! :lol 

And huh, I didn't know that about Ron Moore. So I guess if not for the executive meddling we might not have had BSG? And yeah I've heard Mulgrew say that about Janeway :D 

I think with that episode I wouldn't have minded it if they'd been some other alien race, it just felt like an abrupt direction change to me but I get your points too :) 

• Like Like x 5
  11. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

*he says, surrounded by toy Tricorders, phasers, model starships, and Star Trek Online running in the background*

• Like Like x 11
  12. Xaran Alamas

:lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol 

• Like Like x 9
  13. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20210904-100704_Gmail.jpg
    0-0C_GppY80AAAAM.gif

• Like Like x 12
  14. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

McFarlane Avatar (the good one, not Cats via The Blue Man Group with even less of a plot :p ) stuff is hitting, I believe there's 5 and 7 inch stuff

New Arrivals - Kapow Toys

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Got Tracks yesterday. Sheeesh.
    What are the fixes for the shin/leg tabs? Clear nail polish worked for his right hip, I'd like to use it for the tab too. I have neither the tools nor the skill for the pin-hammering method.
    20210903_223921.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  16. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

Picture1.png

images.jpg

Honestly didn't think Selects Sandstorm would ever materialize. It's been over a year since I pre-ordered him!

• Like Like x 13
  17. John Burrows

John Burrows Well-Known Member

Forgot to do this last night so :

Does anybody need a Currys PS5 VIP Code ?

I have one that has to be redeemed by September 7th, so clock is ticking :) 

• Like Like x 4
  18. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    075.jpg

I've lost track of the amount of hours I've fed into STO. PlayStation calculated a round up of all the games I played in 2020 and it was embarrassing how much I'd played that more than any other game combined. I'm all about that Space Barbie life, just wish there were a few more features like photo mode for PS4.

• Like Like x 7
  19. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    How to ruin a weekend...

Fans Toys Omega broke en route to the new owner. :( 

Screenshot_20210904-103353_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20210904-103358_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20210904-103429_eBay.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

This is because I cracked and bought one from Amazon USA last month. Oh well, MISB Sandstorm will go on the retirement fund pile.

• Like Like x 7