The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Yes, put me down for one deluxe Kickback too. My brain did a bad thing when I read your post, it said 'Wouldn't it be terrible.... if it was actually a Generations Energon Kicker figure using Kickback's name for Trademark reasons?'

Bad brain.

No need to be sorry, could to have a bit of clarity! :) 

• Like Like x 7
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

At Smyths? They send caseloads of single items to individual stores while the rest of the UK gets dribs and drabs.

And there's nothing stopping you buying up loads of an individual item online or in store anyway IME. I've did it with their exclusives for folks on here in light of the above.

• Like Like x 5
  3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    I always prefer to word things apologetically to avoid coming across like a know-it-all neckbeard. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    @MyTea Boc dude I almost did not recognize you with this new avatar pic wow I’m too much out of touch here !

@Xaran Alamas no worries here any Insecticons is a good pick, they’re just that great.
    I mean in no way I’m getting rid of TR/LG Kickback even with a new one coming.

also, des bisous

• Like Like x 7
  5. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Oh great UK hivemind, I'm looking for a metallic acrylic paint that roughly matches this blue. Army Painter have come up dry, and I can't see any citadel matches. Please help!

IMG_20210903_143740383_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trying to resist buying/decide between

Mft Blitzwing £26
    Platinum Junkion set £50

May just pick up blitz when I get paid and sell on the iron factory too. Fighting the urge for the junkion set, no need for the roddy and Id need a fresh head for wreckgar but man do I want that scrapheap head to go with these guys
    received_1309462646542766.jpeg received_2999299006977690.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  7. Large

News Credits:
    Happy 1700th everyone with some insects !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  8. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Having referenced TFWIKI, he is very nearly complete. Of the fuel pump and nozzle, he only has one part (and the pipe).
    I'm afraid I can't tell which is which, this is the bit he has:

PXL_20210903_135213069.jpg

so he's missing the bit that looks like this:
    upload_2021-9-3_14-55-7.png

If that's a deal breaker, I wonder if we can appeal to the generous people on this thread - does anyone have that bit spare?
    I know many of us have boxes of accessories knocking about, and that small piece could help increase the amount we raise by £58 from £104 to £162!

• Like Like x 6
  9. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I have skycrusher. Really like him. The build is good quality, there's some series weight to him because of the die cast, he's not super poseable but all the important stuff is there, transformation is pretty easy but gives you a good sized robot and a fun swooshable jet. His rifles don't tab into his hands securely but the closing fists can grip them well enough. If you like how he looks and can find him for the 40 to 50 quid mark, he's a good skyfire. The only real issue is that face, but it's a titanmaster port so you can swap it out with any titanmaster. I usually use God Bomber's titanmaster on him, that's a good fit, but you can use any you want.

Thing is, is Krige's queen in endgame meant to be the same character as Thompson's queen? I've seen that theory about different queens for different purposes before. The Krige queen is a more aggressive invasion queen and the Thompson queen is a more defensive one. And following the Queen's terrible behaviour by self destructing entire cubes because one drone went silent on it in Unimatrix Zero, the collective fired her and installed the Krige queen, which is why the Borg were so quiet in season 7. With the krige queen slowly amassing a fleet to start an invasion through the transwarp hub. I like that idea as while it shows the queen is a sort of central hub for the collective, it also shows she is not the overall leader, and is still under the dominion of the collective. Each controls the other, enhancing the whole I am the collective aspect. It also helps to play up the Tactical Cube in Unimatrix Zero as being a Thompson queen initiative to help bolster their defenses following the 8472 war, while the Krige queen stopped construction of those and just started using proper tactics. The Borg in Endgame certainly seemed closest to the unstoppable force of nature they were in TNG compared to other Voyager episodes. Funny thing is, I didn't realise first time watching Endgame when it aired that it was Krige, I missed her credit in the episode and thought her acting had got a lot better in this final episode. It wasn't until much later that I watched the episode again and caught Krige's name did it dawn on me. Not that it's a knock against Thompson's acting, she did well in the role, I just find Krige brought more nuance to it.

There's nothing in the show to contradict that Seven plot, and yeah, her being assigned that task would play into setting her up as a borg queen. That Armada plot sounds cool. I love the Borg, there's so much potential with them. Probably why I love the Replicators from Stargate so much, they're essentially a metal bug version of the Borg without any neutering (used sparingly, every time they turn up, they are only defeated by ramming the ship into a planet at full speed or kamakazying the ship into theirs with the engines on overload to make a massive explosion, or trapping them in the event horizon of a black hole to get them stuck in the time dilation effects which backfires horribly when they use that time to evolve themselves into a humanoid form and build a ginourmus fleet and the only time they actually launch an invasion of the galaxy using that black hole fleet, they not only spend the entire season taking over everything as an unstoppable scourge, but it takes the combined efforts of the good guys, the bad guys, ancient planetkilling superweapons and breaking the stargate network to stop them). Man, I wish the Borg had been written as well as the Replicators.

Sorry, went off on a massive tangent there.

They never said what species the queen is from, though the wiki says it was species 125. I could believe she came from the El Aurians. They were wiped out hundreds of years ago, they have really long life spans, they are called the race of listeners and one would need ot be a good listener to all those voices and Guinan did have that sixth sense, which would help with bringing order to the collective on such a massive scale. Though we never did find out if that sixth sense was an El Aurian trait, or if it was from Guinan's exposure to the Nexus. The only other one we saw was Soren and if he had it, it could also have been from the Nexus. Maybe the collective assimilated the El Aurians, realised these women have such a fantastic compatibility with their mind abilities, and installed them as a queen, cloning them so if one got killed, a replacement was ready to go straight away with minimal damage to the collective.

Which just adds a whole new layer of tragedy to Guinan and her people.

EDIT: Happy page 17000 everyone!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  10. motorthing

motorthing Just the Toys Ma'am

News Credits:
    17K and we are ok. Well done everyone. IMG_20210828_104805.jpg

"Geez don't you people have homes to go to?"

• Like Like x 17
  11. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *waves*
    I have a full set of Fruiticus all mint on sealed card for sale if you're keen?

• Like Like x 4
  12. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Muchas gracias for your reply regarding Skycrusher. I an surprised more people didn’t embrace it unless that face sculpt really was a deal breaker. I was not aware that the figure can have interchangeable faces via a titanmaster port.

I cannot remember if you have Siege Jetfire as well. If you do, do you display that figure with your chug/mainline figures or do you use Skycrusher or T30 Jetfire instead?

I’ve noted your comments about getting Skycrusher for £40/50. I will keep an eye out but I think the figure goes for circa £70/80. If I see it for closer to £40 I may very well be all over that given the quality of the build.

Thanks again for your feedback. :p 

• Like Like x 5
  13. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Delivery!
    20210903_143810.jpg

Ravage is absolutely beautiful looking...but there is one minor issue.

[​IMG]

He came with two right shooting hands and no left one. :eek: Message sent off to @ShowZStore so hope get this sorted soon.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  14. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@Lothar Hex,
    Congrats on the anniversary!

Glad you like Trans Art Ravage aside from the incorrect hands in the box, might take a while for Show Z Store to sort the replacement but they usually get there in the end!

• Like Like x 4
  15. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    I'm still trying to get used to it myself.

Maybe went off it a bit yeah? Might need to revert, or go for something new.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Large

News Credits:

I forbid you to.

also did I just see Jazz AND Della Duck on this page ?

weeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like Like x 6
  17. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

De nada.

I think when he came out, he was more the 70 to 80. Given his simplicity, size and not much in the way of features, I wouldn't say he's worth that much. I got him on a sale for 50 (I think? Maybe less? Certainly was a few years later and not for full price) and feel he's well worth that, especially with his heft. I don't have Seige jetfire, Skycrusher more than fills in that role on my classics shelf, but given the choice between the two for commander class money, I'd go siege simply because that gives you more bang for your buck with the added play features, accessories and size. Although personally, the siege one is too big for my liking. Given the choice between skycrusher for leader money or siege for commander money, I'd go skycrusher. They were meant to be putting out a reissue with a V2 face but I guess the release of Siege stopped that.

Yeah, it's a titan master port, he has a little bucket that goes over it to make the sides and back of his helmet, but the face that he comes with even transforms into a little person.

I do have the T30 jetfire, and Skycrusher blows that lightweight flimsy thing clean out the water.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

Its been mentioned elsewhere on the site, but lots of Paradron Medics sets have been showing up on ebay recently in the US. It can be got for as little as £65 right now (but then another £30 for shipping and tax) so still crazy price but maybe acceptable to some? Certainly better than the £200ish that UK ones have been going for!

The best its gonna get? Or a chance that some will make their way to the UK?

• Like Like x 3
  19. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    Finally got my parcels :D 

3E2CA65C-8F56-4739-BDC5-61CE4A8780C3.jpeg

• Like Like x 22
  20. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

I really wish they wouldn’t plaster PULSE all up the sides. It screams nick me!

• Like Like x 7