The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Indeed. The OP gets to swing a ban hammer around now so go figure. Some well articulated responses in this thread since the topic got brought up, however.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I think the Ark falls under 'it's all relative' for many. I was certainly surprised when Protoman liked a post of mine that said it just wasn't an iconic 80s vehicle to me in the way so many have been. The Last Autobot angle will fly over most folks' heads too I reckon.

But there's so many incidental things that taken together create a 'nope' tipping point I'd imagine. Photos, hell even some videos, don't capture it's presence. A camera makes it look 3 shades of yellow. Lots of people know the shoulders are fucked now. The big price hike or even the perception of it. And so on.

For me personally it just isn't as impressive as it's two immediate predecessors. I can't look at the Ark without thinking 'that'll separate just moving it'. The bot looks great to me but it's gonna seem goofy as hell to many. It's got a bit of a Cyberverse toy aesthetic going on tbf!

But end of the day both modes have totally unnecessary structural problems on a seriously expensive Titan I guess.

• Like Like x 7
  3. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    All sherbert is best sherbet. Sherbert has never went to war with itself. It lives in harmonious, delicious peace.

Hordak and she-ra! Huzzah! The wife and I are still slowly piecing greyskull together at the moment. By the time we're done I think we'll be ready for snake mountain :p 

Promote this man.

I enjoyed it, but as a disclaimer I unironically enjoy trash horror and nik cage.

And yes to event horizon. Such a shame they never preserved the cut footage, so we'll never get the gore filled director's cut. Apparently some of the footage was stored in a salt mine? Wtf...

:jawdropper: :bowdown: 

Amazing

One can dream. One of the primary 4 teachers when I was a kid was nicknamed Mrs. Bean. Not unjustly. She drove a wee yellow mini. Had a prominent facial mole. And dressed in the same bean-ish outfit every day. Seriously it was like they let her cos play on the job.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure the ark is good value but merely acceptable.

It doesn't seem that long ago titans fort max and metroplex were on firesales for ages at the £60-£80 mark inc thr sdcc fort max.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Don't mind me, just ferreting thru TF resources collating Maximal & Pred Fonts, plus some handy Symbols.
    By the way anyone know of any particular Beast Wars episodes with prominent computer screen displays I could be looking at?

• Like Like x 7
  6. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Anyone else find it off that there's no pre-orders for wave 4 Kingdom deluxes?

Though I just want Waspinator. Still find it odd.

• Like Like x 8
  7. w00dimusPr1me

w00dimusPr1me Well, that's just Prime!

I also happen to genuinely love NC!
    Con Air and Snake Eyes are two of my faves.

Never knew about the possible DC of Event Horizon, such a shame and a salt mine, yeah WTF lol

• Like Like x 7
  8. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I know this because Tyler knows this.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Touma Callum

Touma Callum Well-Known Member

Kingdom Tracks did turn up and was not lost by Yodel thankfully.

The next few months could be very pricey for me.

Finishing off Kingdom Wave 3
    Victory Saber (maybe)
    SS86 Wave 2
    And much more!

• Like Like x 6
  10. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

TFW2005 is a big, international community, so you get a great glimpse into all sorts of cultures. And some are louder than others.
    Something is interesting though.
    From the perspective of most users representing an adult who buys and plays with robot toys, one of the core values of this community should be tolerance and openness.

"my hobby is buying expensive toys inspired by the same toys I used to play with as a child"

So, in the spectrum from "open" to "closed", you would really expect TFans to be as open as possible to other cultures, passions and beliefs.
    When we get a TFan expressing comments of a "closed" nature, comments which are not inclusive or which directly attack what is "different", we observe a conflict between "expected open culture" and "expressed closed culture".

This contrast, between "what we expect from others" and "what we give to others", can cause friction in human relationships, leading to negative social experiences, a limited social network, and avoidance from others. To express this contradiction on TFW2005 is probably a symptom of much deeper problems.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  11. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    :jawdropper: 
    You never cease to amaze me!

:lolol 

Bit of both :D 

Oh wow, even more impressive seeing the base:eek: 

Lol:lol 

I can't recall specific episodes to mind but I'd be inclined to say probably any of the Vok Episodes (usually Other ___ ) when they're looking at scans and stuff... possibly some in the first episodes when the ships' computers are scanning altmodes and the like maybe?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Cheers, that's a handy narrowing down! :thumb 

• Like Like x 7
  13. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    C'est incroyable!!

• Like Like x 5
  14. DeadBiscuit

DeadBiscuit Well-Known Member

They've not officially been announced yet, I imagine that will happen in the next month. Once they are I'd expect pre-orders to become available. Although I'm only interested in Pipes from wave 4, most of the figures I'd like (Skids, Tarantulas) are rumoured for the next line.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    My Boi Slammer just don't get no respect!

• Like Like x 7
  16. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where’s a thumbs down button when you need it :gen069: 

• Like Like x 4
  17. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    I expect the e-retailers have be embargoed from offering preorders until hasbro have actually announced them.

Which they haven't done.

Despite turning up in brick stores.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

Honestly, the composition of the original shot before editing it is pretty impressive itself on it's own.

I've probably asked for a mini-cooper since around 07. Maybe if Transformers does the unthinkable and crosses over with either The Italian Job or Fast and Furious we'll finally get our wish. It's the one time I've seriously considered doing a reshell but since I'd want it in Chug scale, Iike a lot of other cars, I'm doomed to have it sit in my head since all the cars I consider doing it I can only find 1:25 scale (which is too big) and not 1:32 which is clos e r.

• Like Like x 10
  19. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Only found out yesterday Hasbro have been shipping HasLab Marvel Legends Sentinels with weak knees. I'm possibly joining the Galactus crowd then, wondering if Hasbro are truly giving a shit with Star Saber.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We talking Axalon, Darksyde or internal computers?

Other Visits opened on Rhinox examining the alien disc’s locations in the Axalon IIRC

Dinobot was weighing up Maximal or Predacon viewing Optimus and Megatron with wall of text in Maximal No More

Internal bots Waspinator showed Rhinox’s Chain Guns of Doom’s effects first hand in Chain of Command

A Better Mousetrap might also have some good ones since it revolved around Sentinel

• Like Like x 7