The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Congratulations for your next life chapter. What you have done is brave, but not reckless: education will open doors and create new opportunities.
    My recommendation is to make sure you finish your degree as soon as possible, making it through the finish line. Many jobs will teach you what you need, but when you go for a degree you need to get that piece of paper.
    Also: networking. Your lecturers might have contacts in companies you might want to work at. I recommend keeping an open mind.
    To get a degree while working part time can be brutal, and will take a toll on your health. Remember to exercise regularly and maintain your social circle, it will help.
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 7
  2. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

For those who are still trying to grasp the key differences between MP-24 and HasLab Star Saber, I recommend this excellent summary:

• Like Like x 4
  3. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

My greatest online gaming victory was against ze Germans on a Demolition Derby on one of the GRID racing games. Two of 'em tried to sandwich my car so I hit the brakes and they took each other out.

They logged out so quick I didn't even have time to mention the war! :D 

Beyond that most of my online gaming experiences were frustrating as I never got past the initial learning curve of walking more than a couple of paces before getting sniped on most shooters.

The War For Cybertron online was fairly noob friendly and I was able to have a bit of fun on that even if my best killing streak never got past more than about 3.

• Like Like x 6
  4. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

I won’t fault this tbh.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

@Ottertron @4249david @bcm77 & @rikkomba many thanks for the kind words, the encouragement is much appreciated!
    It's helped that my family have been super supportive as well - when I first mentioned it I thought they'd all tell me I was mad, but my parents and my sister have all told me to go for it

Happy to hear it worked out for you, let's hope I have the same result! Good idea on viewing the studying like a job, that makes a lot of sense.
    I will be tightening the purse strings, definitely no partying, and this plastic crack addiction of ours will have to be reigned in :lol 

Also good advice, thank you. The plan is to work my socks off to get the degree done as soon as I can, so I can start applying for the jobs I really want. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan!

• Like Like x 11
  6. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Mate, really happy for you! Congrats on such a big step. What are you studying? (if you're happy to answer)

• Like Like x 7
  7. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Thanks dude.

Anyone know if you can book hotel rooms?

• Like Like x 5
  8. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I dont think you can at the Hilton yet.

• Like Like x 3
  9. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hmm... I have no real connection to Star Saber or any of his powered up forms outside of his appearance in the IDW comics, which was not his usual characterisation...

Ah Hell, I'll back it. I want it to succeed, and if I'm not feeling it I can always sell it on later.

• Like Like x 14
  10. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 7
  11. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Yup, I'd probably be murdered in online gaming these days!

Urgh, tell me about it!

• Like Like x 4
  12. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Good on you @Embee Prime I can appreciate goi g into higher efucation at a later age. My wife has just finished her BA Hons (two points off a first) in Costume Design. She's got a part time job now and is freelancing but has connections in the business. Hoing when thinks in the theatre industry pick up in the next two years or so she'll be making a proper go at it.I

Also PLEASE tell me you leaving leaves a higher-up in the shit because the reliable guy has gone. Always fun.

• Like Like x 11
  13. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Turmeric and Paprika
    PSX_20210827_223506.jpg

• Like Like x 23
  14. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    So I fell asleep at 9.45... woke at 11.. technically I slept on it.

Annnd backed.

I hope your right! Certainly think after 3 amazing Autobot commanders the Decepticons will get a run, and a powerful run.

I can't see myself parting with either MP Saber or Kadmos mind you. MP if only for the fantastic Saber figure. Kadmos for bringing the IDW zealot energy.
    But I expect you'll see a few pop up for reasonable prices. Particularly since I only got Kadmos last month, karma dictates it'll suddenly drop in price 30% for everyone else :p 

I hope your right. Certainly would love to see the Road Caesar lads get their moment in the sun, Gripper was a childhood favourite of mine.
    At the same time I hope it doesn't encourage Hasbro to start putting figures they might otherwise have released in the mainline into this more pricey tier.

Something I've been thinking about on and off is I wonder how close to the fan poll Star Saber does this guy come?

Fantastic news mate, education is always a worthwhile investment

• Like Like x 12
  15. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These are the main things I’m expecting too, to me a blast effect for the sword as if it’s ‘swiping’ through the air (especially one that could double as a swooshing blast effect in jet mode) is the main thing I want.

Other than that, maybe a smaller in scale sword for the smaller Saber figure, like the Masterpiece? A Micromaster Holi along with Jan (& his Mech) are the only other things I can think of tbh.

I think you’ve seen by now but Victory Leo is 7.5 inches, Star Saber weirdly doesn’t get a height in robot mode but the updated description now states he’ll be available for delivery no later than late December 2022, so Christmas present sorted for me next year!

3DBE0974-FD84-4CCA-AC30-482D9A2973AD.jpeg

Also, 3,250 backers already?! I know it’ll slow down after the initial rush, but I have to say that’s a pretty good showing so far and hopefully bodes well for further Japanese G1.

2CCD9C10-F4B6-4430-B227-D6E71113ED3A.jpeg

Stellar photos, wonderful as always. Also, Turmeric & Paprika sounds like a Buddy cop duo, where they have to go undercover at cooking school to expose a nefarious plot! I’d watch it anyway :D 

• Like Like x 10
  16. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    He really wouldn't mind if someone interrupted his coronation. He'd offer them a seat and a sandwich
    [​IMG]

Big thanks to @angelic for this pretty fella, who proves the Siegescream mold can wear any colour and look handsome.

Made me think, this isn't even been offered to the Japanese market - at least not yet. It'll be a decent seller there I reckon.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  17. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

sexy. Hehe, seige sideswipe is now an earth mode.

• Like Like x 14
  18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Literally what I just thought!

• Like Like x 6
  19. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

@Embee Prime great decision and best of luck with it. It will be worthwhile and will pay off in the long run.

• Like Like x 7
  20. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Ta

• Like Like x 3