The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hmm... I have no real connection to Star Saber or any of his powered up forms outside of his appearance in the IDW comics, which was not his usual characterisation...

Ah Hell, I'll back it. I want it to succeed, and if I'm not feeling it I can always sell it on later.

• Like Like x 14
  2. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 7
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Yup, I'd probably be murdered in online gaming these days!

Urgh, tell me about it!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Good on you @Embee Prime I can appreciate goi g into higher efucation at a later age. My wife has just finished her BA Hons (two points off a first) in Costume Design. She's got a part time job now and is freelancing but has connections in the business. Hoing when thinks in the theatre industry pick up in the next two years or so she'll be making a proper go at it.I

Also PLEASE tell me you leaving leaves a higher-up in the shit because the reliable guy has gone. Always fun.

• Like Like x 11
  5. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Turmeric and Paprika
    PSX_20210827_223506.jpg

• Like Like x 23
  6. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    So I fell asleep at 9.45... woke at 11.. technically I slept on it.

Annnd backed.

I hope your right! Certainly think after 3 amazing Autobot commanders the Decepticons will get a run, and a powerful run.

I can't see myself parting with either MP Saber or Kadmos mind you. MP if only for the fantastic Saber figure. Kadmos for bringing the IDW zealot energy.
    But I expect you'll see a few pop up for reasonable prices. Particularly since I only got Kadmos last month, karma dictates it'll suddenly drop in price 30% for everyone else :p 

I hope your right. Certainly would love to see the Road Caesar lads get their moment in the sun, Gripper was a childhood favourite of mine.
    At the same time I hope it doesn't encourage Hasbro to start putting figures they might otherwise have released in the mainline into this more pricey tier.

Something I've been thinking about on and off is I wonder how close to the fan poll Star Saber does this guy come?

Fantastic news mate, education is always a worthwhile investment

• Like Like x 12
  7. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These are the main things I’m expecting too, to me a blast effect for the sword as if it’s ‘swiping’ through the air (especially one that could double as a swooshing blast effect in jet mode) is the main thing I want.

Other than that, maybe a smaller in scale sword for the smaller Saber figure, like the Masterpiece? A Micromaster Holi along with Jan (& his Mech) are the only other things I can think of tbh.

I think you’ve seen by now but Victory Leo is 7.5 inches, Star Saber weirdly doesn’t get a height in robot mode but the updated description now states he’ll be available for delivery no later than late December 2022, so Christmas present sorted for me next year!

3DBE0974-FD84-4CCA-AC30-482D9A2973AD.jpeg

Also, 3,250 backers already?! I know it’ll slow down after the initial rush, but I have to say that’s a pretty good showing so far and hopefully bodes well for further Japanese G1.

2CCD9C10-F4B6-4430-B227-D6E71113ED3A.jpeg

Stellar photos, wonderful as always. Also, Turmeric & Paprika sounds like a Buddy cop duo, where they have to go undercover at cooking school to expose a nefarious plot! I’d watch it anyway :D 

• Like Like x 10
  8. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    He really wouldn't mind if someone interrupted his coronation. He'd offer them a seat and a sandwich
    [​IMG]

Big thanks to @angelic for this pretty fella, who proves the Siegescream mold can wear any colour and look handsome.

Made me think, this isn't even been offered to the Japanese market - at least not yet. It'll be a decent seller there I reckon.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  9. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

sexy. Hehe, seige sideswipe is now an earth mode.

• Like Like x 14
  10. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Literally what I just thought!

• Like Like x 6
  11. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

@Embee Prime great decision and best of luck with it. It will be worthwhile and will pay off in the long run.

• Like Like x 7
  12. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Ta

• Like Like x 3
  13. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    Fantastic and brave decision, super impressed.
    I think employers need to learn that they can’t keep treating employees like machines and the more people rejecting it, the way you did, will hopefully send a signal that we don’t live to work.
    Congratulations and well done!

I know what you mean! I’ma big TFP fan, but if the Beast Hunters stuff wasn’t in the show then I didn’t go for it.

I don’t have a horse in the Victory Saber race, never seen Japanese G1, but I caught his appearance in IDW MTMTE and I have him in Earth Wars and yes he’s interesting to look at but the Haslab’s not really doing anything for me. Kinda jealous about you guys and you’re enthusiastic reactions TBH!

• Like Like x 12
  14. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

I’d much prefer the original than the new iteration although the old countach is reportedly a dog to drive.

@Embee Prime: best of luck with that, I wish I felt brave enough to retrain and start over. I never knew what I wanted to do as a kid (and still don’t now really) so it must be a real boon to know what you want to do with yourself.

• Like Like x 12
  15. Dezepticon

Dezepticon Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    With Haslab, do you have to pay the whole amount up front or can you pay it off in a couple of payments until the deadline is reached?
    Also just heard from my Daughter that my SS Sl(a)ug has arrived! Woohoo!

• Like Like x 9
  16. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Zavvi UK

Legends Gamerverse Hulk and Squirrel Girl for cheap there.

• Like Like x 4
  17. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You order now, they claim the authorisation to debit you, but don't. They then wait until the deadline and if it backs they claim the money in full.

They won't take any money in case it doesn't back. It costs them money to process any refunds, and if there's 10999 refunds to do, let alone multiple smaller refunds per backer...

That's how Unicron worked for the Americans, and I think only one 3rd party retailer allowed their customers to pay in installments (and you paid about 25% more for the privilege, which is fair enough because they had to pay Hasbro for your $600 figure 18 months early)

• Like Like x 7
  18. Dezepticon

Dezepticon Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Cheers for the info, think I might see how much overtime I can accrue over the next 42 days and decide!

• Like Like x 8
  19. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Huh. So the Hasbro Pulse youtube channel is uploading full G1 toon eps. Neat.

• Like Like x 9
  20. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I assume that means there's nobody with the distribution rights currently - perhaps they're looking to flog them by showing how many views they get? Interesting...

• Like Like x 7