The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    Thanks @MyTea Boc I'm hoping this HasLab has a really strong showing, for 2 reasons.

Gives concrete evidence of the support for JG1.
    Shows that smaller lower cost figures can be profitable as Haslabs.

It would be great to see more HasLabs taking care of figures that fall outside of traditional mainline pricepoints.

Fingers crossed!

Also - if this funds I'll be selling on my MP at a very reasonable price, so stay tuned :) 

• Like Like x 18
  2. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I think I'll hang fire a little, see if any of the locals get it. Just to ensure it wont be shipped from america and i wont get stung by customs.

Or if someone wants to email pulse uk to check? I don't know what their contact details are.

But yeah, I'm in. I can always find a larger deathsarus to custom up if needs be. Or wait for a hasbro one.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    They were created after the original series. Victory was Japan only but rips and HORRIBLE fan dubs have been doing the rounds for years before they were released properly. Same way a lot of anime did back before the Internet made it far easier to obtain.

The victory characters have turned up in IDW comics

• Like Like x 7
  5. Siege Fan

Am I hearing this right, the Golden Disc stuff is an Amazon exclusive? Beats Walgreens I spose...

• Like Like x 6
  6. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

In addition to this, I knew about Victory from my dad as he had a G1 Starsaber he brought back from Japan. I wasn’t allowed to touch it without him around, but that’s where my attachment comes from. Got a bit more knowledgable once I got older and starting doing deep dives into TF lore and realised why Starsaber was so familiar.

• Like Like x 14
  7. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Definitely want him after seeing the effect piece is compatible with Fisto! :D 

I also like the options with the heads and the red chest goo gimmick!

• Like Like x 6
  8. Siege Fan

You know me, I'm on for two!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

It was also released on dvd over here alongside headmasters and masterforce in, i want to say mid 2000's?

• Like Like x 12
  10. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think people would want my Kadmos haha, I've customised it a lot, repainted the gold to metallic yellow, tightened up some joints with super glue, made a new face plate and butchered up the sword to have a new hilt. I got a bit carried away so it's probably lost all of its value as it's far from "stock". But I'm sure there will be a flood of them on the market as soon as the Haslab releases.

It's funny people arguing price, I paid about £140 for Kadmos (Including shipping and I was late to the party) and This new one will be similar size, if not bigger, more G1 and will include Victory Leo for about £40 more. I know it's 3rd party, but I still find them comparable.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    Phwooo what a day for Transformers.

Off to a rocky start with those scary Pulse emails in the morning, but managed to sort things out and they sent through shipping notices for Rodimus, Tracks and Scorponok in the early afternoon.

Capped off by the FFF HasLab Victory Saber reveal.

Looking forward to finally getting my hands on some new Robots and I think I'm in for a real treat seeing all the posts from folk that have Rodimus in hand.

As a bonus, that Victory Leo Gun wasn't on the concept sheet I saw a few months back, so it means anything goes for the tier unlocks which is neat!

• Like Like x 20
  12. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So thinking about it further I'm struck by the fact that star Saber and deszaras are actually the only two leaders who haven't got classics toys.... Even g2, zone, return of convoy and the masterforce titans have been done

Crazy I know, I would think Deszaras would be the next guy in the frame seen as they mentioned him in stream as well (well "Deathsaurus" )

Trying to think what's missing show character wise from each Jap series.

Headmasters-Twincast, six Knight, sureshot (Pointblank listed for legacy and Raiden getting an mp)

Masterforce- diver*, browning, headmaster junior bodies other than wilder and go shooter (rumoured for legacy) , godmasters other than doubleclouder
    *R.E. pretenders i know decoy armours aren't the best but they exist and skull grin and metalhawk have deluxes

Victory-Roadcaesar, DinoKing, blue bacchus, holi, land cross, Galaxy shuttle

• Like Like x 5
  13. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    upload_2021-8-27_21-16-46.png

Ha! They updated it! It says Victory Leo is in fact 7.5 Inches, so I was right, he's about Kingdom/Earthrise Ultra Magnus height!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  14. redwave

redwave Woof

I really like Transformers Victory so I want one.

• Like Like x 8
  15. RoboW4rrior298

If you like it, you buy it. Don’t need any other reason :p 

• Like Like x 10
  16. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is good they have updated that description but it is a shame they have not confirmed what VS will be in bot height. From the stream and the guy holding the figure it looked like it was similar scale to Jetfire. I think I mistook it for VS when it was only SS.

I binned the official Siege UM figure for the BPF OSKO Siege UM which is 9 inches tall in bot mode.

• Like Like x 10
  17. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

"The customer is always right" is a terrible phrase that leads to poorly paid shop and waiting staff being verbally abused by terrible people. I would start by giving them the benefit of the doubt, but you only have to work retail for a little while and have to deal with constant "this item is definitely marked as £10 not £15" arguments where you wander over and realise that they're looking at the wrong label to realise how often the customer is wrong.

And the "they're have to sell you you item at the price it's marked at" is an urban myth and has never been true. A shop can refuse to sell you any item at any time, providing they're not being obviously discriminatory. Some shops will sell you it at a mislabelled price just to keep you happy, but they are not and never have been under any obligation to sell it at that price.

• Like Like x 11
  18. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

I see, thanks!
    And you're welcome :) 

Right now I'm telling myself that but I keep flip flopping :-/ on the one hand I have no connection to the guy or the series and I've been eyeing Kadmos because he's the IDW version, on the other I really enjoyed the Siege Leader armour mechanics and combination in general and this guy takes that several steps further... hmmm I shall do some thinking but right now I'm probaly like 75% against?

It's a lot of money to spend on someone I'm not sure about you know?

Also, I note the page only uses the word Star Saber when describing the show. I thought it was Saber Upgrade Parts to -> Star Saber -> Combine with Victory Leo -> Victory Saber?
    I wonder if Hasbro are reluctant to call him Star Saber due to the sword with the same name having prominence in Hasbro fiction?

Prepare for him to enter your mouth! :eek: 
    Evening Vertex :D  swearing off the booze again I see?

I'm also quite proud of myself. Down to just the one pre-order on IDT, Kapow and Pulse :) 

• Like Like x 13
  19. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

Friday night fixin'
    IMG_1174.JPG

• Like Like x 19
  20. RoboW4rrior298

• Like Like x 9