The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    They go well with G2 Ramjet too. TBH I might try and get some more Calibursts at some point to mix and match parts with to give a similar colourscheme to Ramjet on my spares of Hotlink's BMs

Also I'm reconsidering selling my Blackout... y'see I discovered my TLK Megatron and Blackout use the same size balljoint... and while I'd need to do some sanding on either the gorget on Megs or the mandible things on Blackout's head so it'll fit properly, it does look pretty badass and an aggressively spikey version of the Decepticon logo for a face would fit quite well for my non specific custom Megatronus :D 

• Like Like x 6
  2. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I watched that same gunpla episode on Youtube! Looks absolutely bonkers

I have a furai kit and the gunpla kit from the video is in an entirely different league to that. Not even close in terms of complexity or final product - the gunpla is the winner. It's like comparing a deluxe class WfC to a high end 3P Masterpiece.

The cheapest place i've found is hobby link japan but i didnt really search extensively for it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    I’m not sure if TE did a toy inspired version, but the KO-MP44 has a ‘V3’ version which has silver legs… some toyhax labels and a bit of yellow on the eyes like I’ve done on my V1 and that may do the trick?

1E72E9CA-3149-4807-9443-DE70F0B42A68.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  4. DeadBiscuit

DeadBiscuit Well-Known Member

Yeah, that kit looked insane, but for £200+ I'd hope it would be! I know that a furai kit would never match that kit but wondered how they stacked up against some of the cheaper/comparable priced gunpla kits

• Like Like x 3
  5. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

I’m interested if he has all the accessories, trying to make sure the collection is complete and not running after the odd bits.
    It was a stroke of luck to find a cheap Animated Blitz with his missiles included.

I’ve not used Aliexpress or Show-Z yet. Guess I’ll have to make a decision on one or the other.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New BW Tarantulas test shot turned up earlier.....

I went to catch it with a pint glass, only to realise with some expediency that Tarantulas was way too big so had to get a food tub.

It kept following my finger round the tub like it was prey......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  7. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    I’ll have a look in my accessory bag and PM you?

• Like Like x 4
  8. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Good call on Ramjet!

• Like Like x 3
  9. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm a lot better with spiders than I used to be, but still... nope.

• Like Like x 17
  10. danlevan

danlevan Well-Known Member

As others have said, they're pretty good. The Jazz set was one I picked up, I tend to not put too many of the robot mode stickers on with most of the sets I get and mostly add to the vehicle mode. Prowl has been done since these photos, his set wasn't out then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Be careful to not open his doors outwards too far once you've put the stickers on them or you'll get little dents in them from the wing mirrors.

They restocked Bluestreak pretty quickly after that sold out the first time, so there's a chance they might have more of the two pack coming.

• Like Like x 5
  11. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What. The. Actual. Feck?

• Like Like x 2
  12. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    That is some pic, beautiful!

The computer says..... no!

Wow, looks fab, cannot wait to get mine.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Gorgeous. And out looking for sex. Coming up to our house spiders breeding season.

• Like Like x 9
  14. jhs8swd

jhs8swd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ooh 'ello!

IMG_0200[1].JPG

• Like Like x 12
  15. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    • Like Like x 5
  16. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My furai had really bad QC and for its price I think a decent gunpla set would be a lot better than mine but I have seen prebuilt furai kits that hold together a lot better

• Like Like x 4
  17. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    I’ve got one of these buggers in the living room. I’ve seen him twice, once when he walked across the room to get under the sofa and the second when he changed location to under the tv unit. No empty receptacles to hand either time!

(I’ve not told my other half as she would refuse to enter the room til it’s gone! :lol  )

• Like Like x 7
  18. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 12
  19. AcidStormReflux

AcidStormReflux Somewhere, a village is missing an idiot.

News Credits:
    LOL !

So the Cricut is used to cut out designs on materials and it can do some pretty intricate stuff. You can do stickers on it but you need to print them first and then use the Cricut to cut them out. I've always fancied a crack at it but I don't own a printer and it can be a real ballache :oops: 

A few years back I used to sell customised designs for people like you see on Etsy. Was mostly stuff stickers for cars, walls etc but then I made the mistake of advertising Christmas Eve boxes and Hessian Christmas Sacks. They looked really classy and I wasn't expecting demand to be as high as it was and I didn't like to say no to people. I suffer from bad Anxiety at times and a touch of OCD. Sounds really stupid but when I was making them, I was seeing 'faults' that nobody else could when checking them for QC and constantly panicked that the clients would reject them so I did them over and over again. It completely ruined the run up to Christmas for me that year so I stepped aside and haven't bothered since. Now I just like to make custom t-shirts for the family for fun, the odd transformers logos to stick on things etc.

Aaaaaaanyway haha !

From being in that world, I like Toyhax because I know they use Oracal vinyl which is the best stuff you can get for the job. Believe it or not, they are really cheap as well, even though the prices look high. Knowing how much that stuff costs in the roll by the time you factor in postage, time taken to do the actual designs, and how clever it is that they've got the cut depth exactly right as often as they do and they nail the bleed margins on each sticker. And postage to us lot as well - honest, I can't speak highly enough of them.

With regards to the vinyl, Oracal is the best (IMO) but it's fiddly. You need a proper set of craft tweezers and it's easy to fold over on itself so you need to be careful. Also when you cut intricate designs on it, it occasionally doesn't cut right through on a corner. If you have a set of tweezers though, you can lift it from the other side's and gently tug it and 9 times out of 10 it will just tear the rest and remain in tact.

Edit : Found a video, this lad here explains it really really well !

• Like Like x 6
  20. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was the biggest I have found, full leg span was the palm of my hand but she wouldn't stay still long enough for me to get a decent photo.

• Like Like x 8