The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@Siege Fan,
    Maybe do a pictorial review of Tracks with your foot crashing down on it? :D 

I've been drinking sugar free pop since 2008 and there's certainly a difference in the taste although for me it's not as apparent now as it was when I first made the switch.

Also,
    Cheers for saving me £20 on Kingdom Scorponok :p 

All things considered I'm better off waiting for Show Z Store to get more stock of the Transform Element one.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Been drinking diet drinks for nearly 30 years, i just prefer the taste of the diet stuff

• Like Like x 4
  3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Heyup everyone! Been a bit quiet recently because I've been all excited about Archery Club Championships! Yes, my FIRST annual club competition (should have been my second, but it was cancelled last year for some reason or other) which is open to all members with tropies and everything. It's supposed to be a Summer BBQ shoot but weirdly is RAINED ALL THE TIME.

20210821_100329.jpg

20210821_122359.jpg

About 20 people shot today, which was a pretty good turnout I reckon, for these weird are we/aren't we Covid times. It's always nice to see all that hardware out on the line, just wish it was organised into a line instead of scattered about the field lol.

20210821_111708.jpg

Anyway it was a Short Metric shoot, where you shoot 36 arrows at 50m then again at 30m so 72 arrows. I scored 566 out of a potential 720. Shot much better at 30m than 50m (weirdly) but yeah can't believe I shot a one. Sure it was at 50m which is pretty far away (2 swimming pools!) But still embarassing (for me).

Screenshot_20210821-164012.jpg

Screenshot_20210821-164027.jpg

Big surprise was at the end, turns out I did l pretty well, 2nd in the Gents Olympic Recurve category! It was a surprise as even though I went in wanting to win, unless other folk messed up it wasn't going to happen. But (after stuffing my face with BBQ) I found out I came 2nd when prizes were being awarded! Got a medal and everything!

20210821_190641.jpg

Bonza. Not bad for a fella who started archery in September 2019. Anyway this is the kit laid out to dry after being rained on for almost 4 hours. Case has been upgraded a couple days ago, I added two straps of webbing to stop the lid opening too far, instead of using a wooden block to prop up the lid when it was open.

20210821_191629.jpg

Also... more archery stuff (sorry not sorry) is I got an absolute stonker of a deal on some arrows. Basically the arrows are the next thing to be upgraded. I need to seriously invest on carbon alloy arrows, but they're not cheap. Typically a set of 12 ACE arrows can be £320 (!) but a fella on facebook sold me his set of 8 which he doesn't use anymore for... get this, £25 including postage. He also included all his spare spin vanes and points and nocks! Practically gave it to me, which I suspect is because I've been posting on Archery UK on Facebook a fair amount recently being all enthusiastic and positive about archery and stuff. Once all the competitions are done with this weekend (got another tomorrow) I will have a play and tune with these arrows... very excite. With Boomer at 41.5 lb draw weight these should easily reach 70m+, as opposed to my current entry level arrows which struggle past 50m.

20210818_100803.jpg

It's nice to have another hobby! Speaking of which, I haven't opened many TF's recently because my 'open 1 a week' slots have been filled up with MOTU: Origins figures... I got a decent collection now! Bit disappointed with the last 2, Roboto because his main cog has come off inside the torso (which I think I said here already) and Fisto who is curiously loose compared to all the others.

I also (finally) opened Kingdom Core Class Optimus Prime and Rattrap! I wasn't sure but Rattrap is growing on me, and Optimus who looked cool is... somewhat deflating. It's his elbows that turn too far up his forearms and lack of waist swivel that are doing I think? Anyway still got a bunch of TF's to open, SS86 Jazz for one. Gotta remember to be careful of his roof!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 28
  4. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I didn't exactly have a choice in the matter as I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes so I just got used to the taste difference.

If I'm out somewhere and need something sugary quick to get my blood sugar back up I'll go for a regular can as it's OK in situations like that.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

I’m still convinced @tikgnat is a vigilante….

(Congrats on the medal though mate ;)  )

• Like Like x 12
  6. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Gubbins first. Hey, I got the Ark card with the Ark! How about that? Now all I'm missing is the Optimus Card from wave 1 and the Megatron card from Wave 2. Luckily I don't care enough to try and track them down.

I absolutely LOVE the dark turquoise colour the blast effects are cast in, they really do look great in person.

I appreciate the Tinymus Prime figure to man the bridge, even though I have the unpainted one from the Centurion Drone set, as well as the little Sky Spy drone that completes the Teletraan-1 set up.

The disks are the main draw for me though. It'll be nice to try and get Dinobot or Megatron set up with them, even though the Vok disk also has the 'Sounds of Earth' record pattern on the reverse side for some reason...

Oh, and the Golden Disks are really the only reason I got this set, the rest can go in the bin :p 

20210821_190736.jpg

And now, THE CUBE!!! *dramatic music*

20210821_191307.jpg

Seriously though, I wasn't expecting to like Mainframe all that much in these colours, but he actually kinda owns it. I would like a version in his accurate colours one day, and without the slab of stuff on his back, but for now this is a pretty good substitute. He's nicely articulated, has great light-piping for his big ol' visor, and he looks fairly dynamic just standing there.

20210821_191116.jpg

The main draw of Mainframe is, of course, his Teletraan-1 mode, and I have to say for what is essentially a series of flat plates resting on the back of a squatting robot, it looks pretty damn good. the screen details are nice and crisp, it's sized pretty nicely for figures either deluxe size or core-class, depending on your fancy, and it has storage for all the little bits 'n' bobs on it's backside.

20210821_190841.jpg
    20210821_190858.jpg

It's funny though, from this angle it looks like he's trying to take a- wait a minute...

*childish giggling*

Perfect.

20210821_190911.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  7. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Well it meant that when i gave myself type 2 diabetes (by being a fat fuck), it was one thing i didnt have to give up.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Grats on the medal and the archery haul!
    Also I suppose all those bows and arrows are one way to enforce social distancing! ;) 

TF Fans: We are serious collectors!
    Also TF Fans: That last pic :p 

• Like Like x 9
  9. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Armada Deluxe Optimus for 99p was a thing at Tescos for a while!

• Like Like x 8
  10. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

I just bung all mine in a big tub, but if you don't want any of 'em hit me up and I may be able to use some :D 

Sorry for your lousy news @robotmel , hang in there buddy.

I also need to get the TE lad myself, but I'm still getting Kingdom Scorponok too. I suspect we'll see some decent replacement parts for him that will help.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Glad to help lol. And I think I'll build myself up to the Tracks review! Maybe :oops: 

I used to drink industrial quantities of Coke but, locally at least, it stopped tasting the same. Coupled with the sugar tax (and fuck that concept and any like it sky high) I switched to Pepsi Maxx. It's coloured water but it does what I need it to! Cue a lot of weight loss and better habits in general :) 

• Like Like x 5
  12. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If it helps, it's quite an awkward accessory that not many bots can hold. There's a pomel at the end meaning you can't slip it into any 5mm ports, needs to be bots with articulated hands.
    I'd just blue-tac a matrix onto another sword! :p 
    Fits quite nicely into T30 Springers sword too! :inquisiti 

• Like Like x 5
  13. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

My evening so far:

Aug-21-2021 20-28-22.gif

Yes, it's a Eurovision Saturday. I repent nothing.

• Like Like x 5
  14. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

No way?! Ahh fuck I wish I’d seen that back in the day. I only managed to pick some copies up about a year ago. Fantastic toy.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

Just watched Snake Eyes. To be fair, it pretty much did what I expected
    Very similar to Bumblebee, SE Origins is a good palate cleanser following it's predecessors. It's certainly a better film than either of the previous GI Joe movies, although they did set the bar very low.
    The action scenes are well choreographed, but get ridiculously over the top. The film does get very far-fetched in places, with some more fantasy elements than I was expecting.
    I went into it knowing that they would do their own thing and not stick to the original comic origin story, and I'm fine with that. But I imagine a lot of hardcore Joe fans are not going to like it.

Also picked up Legends Kup and Blurr cheap recently. I honestly think both are leaps ahead of the newer SS86 versions, which I also have. But the SS head-sculpts, plus Blurr's ridiculous wizard's sleeves, have made it difficult to warm to those figures.

On a similar note, I'm hesitating on pulling the trigger on Kingdom Tracks. Reading some of your reviews have made me think maybe I should just stick with the old Generations figure. We'll see...

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I realised that. I had been planning on giving the sword to Grimlock, but he can't hold it.

• Like Like x 11
  16. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

Honestly get Kingdom Tracks, he’s decent and probably the best Tracks IMO. He just needs a little TLC and some love. If you do the fix @Napalm came up with for his leg tabs he’s solid, still can’t believe you came up with that mate it’s so genius yet
    simple.

Also, quick question. Who knows where I can preorder the Fans Hobby Armada Megatron besides their site? They said that it’s up for preorder on other retailers too but Kapow and OmegaLock don’t have it yet like they did for Naval Commander? @Red leader are you looking at carrying their Armada Megatron?

• Like Like x 6
  17. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't remember that, but Toys R Us and Woolies ailes crammed full of Laserbeak and Smokescreen was the stuff of nightmares.

As was the bendy Prime and Blurr wave coming out just in time for Christmas and having a similar effect.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Take care @robotmel, wishing your dad, yourself and the family the very best.

• Like Like x 11
  19. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Epic picture my man!

I aim to please

Darkwing and yes, would be an awesome batman Bot

Good to have you back Andy, and hope you are OK.

I'm taking note, parenting done right.

Although I do remember going to the toilet just to get 5 mins peace. But then you would get the knock on the door and a hundred questions!

• Like Like x 11
  20. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I'm so sorry, really hoping the best for you and your family.

• Like Like x 6