The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

If you're looking for some easy builds, cheap and look good, you could do a lot worse than the hg ibo gundam kits. All have inner frames so super posable and easier to take apart and rebuild for painting.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I really hope legacy gives us some radical randos. Top of the list would be turbo masters and predator jets.

• Like Like x 6
  4. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

• Like Like x 21
  5. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

• Like Like x 10
  6. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

:D 

I was lucky to get some pics whilst she was calm and relatively still because she usually leaps at the camera in a bid to kill it before I can take a pic :D 

• Like Like x 8
  7. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    Oh boy, you know when you have to be firm with yourself, because no one else is gonna?

I went from spending zero on Transformers at the beginning of lockdown to buying more than one a week in the last two months.

Importing the last TFP figure from the States cost me more than I’ve paid for any one figure I’ve ever done before, but he’s not the only thing I’ve bought in the last month.

Im also expecting a box from ToyFu and I spent some money at Comics and Cocktails before I even thought about it.

I’ve just bought “Evil Voice” TFP Soundwave from a mostly good AliExpress seller and now, I have to make myself stop.

I’m not a big earner, and according to the survey I paid for I have to do a lot of repair work on my new home when it finally goes through.

I don’t know why I’m saying all this here, except to say: it’s ok to STOP collecting Transformers. To some of you that’s going to sound SUPER obvious, but the FOMO is real.

Earthrise Ironhide and Prowl, Ratchet, Skywarp & Thundercracker, Scorponok, Netflix Bee and Soundwave are fetching insane prices right now. Some of us can afford them, but not all of us can. I’ve had to recognise the addictive behaviour in myself and make a decision to go cold turkey, which frankly, written down sounds ridiculous.

Last thing I want to do is bring anyone down, but I want that one person in the same situation as me to know: it’s ok to let the plastic robots go past. You don’t lose anything and there’ll be something else some other time.

Now I just need to convince myself of that! Wish me luck!

• Like Like x 28
  8. JSpaced10

Twitter:
    • Like Like x 7
  9. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Oh how I've missed your posts :D  <3

I'm imagining you opening up the Galactus box, getting Silver Surfer out, then binning the rest :lol 

:eek:  I really wish Diaclone Reboot had non imported distribution over here :( 

:lolol 

Fixed it for you :D 

I mean, the Siegescream mold does have the articulation to wield a sword...

My favourite episode! :D 

Lol :lol 

Don't worry about it, we've all been there. Several times myself... currently trying to cut back too, it got a bit out of hand...

Best of luck! :thumb 

:sly: 
    *Facepalm* That is terrible :lol 

• Like Like x 12
  10. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Good luck fella!! I think we've all been there, and it's good to recognize it. Are you completely out now?

If going cold turkey is what you need to do, then go for it man.

• Like Like x 13
  11. JSpaced10

Twitter:
    Thanks guys.
    Yes, I’m done buying unless it’s something really amazing coming up. 2022’s leak list looks good…

My original aim was each cast member of TFP, when I’d done that I started looking for an Ark crew from G1, but let’s add Swerve from IDW because he was great…

I’ll still be here, hanging out and hopefully interacting. This is a great place to hang out.

• Like Like x 10
  12. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Dear Microsoft

HOW DO YOU STILL NOT HAVE A RELEASE DATE FOR FUCKIN' HALO INFINITE!?

Thank you.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Brooticus

News Credits:
    Yeah, it would be a shame if you left bud, but if you need to you need to.

And I'm not enabling here, but what I would say is, if you do find it hard to stay away from the hobby, you can still enjoy it without keeping up with the Joneses. Be frugal. Set yourself a monthly budget and stick to it (this will really help separate the stuff you really want from the fomo purchases). Scour eBay for bargains. Try awesome toys from yesteryear that the fandom isn't currently interested in that can be bought for relatively little.

Also, another little tip that helps me decide if I really want something - I visualise opening it. Does this look like a toy that I will joyfully open and mess with for hours and constantly pick up and look at, or will it have a short stint on my desk before going onto a shelf and then into a storage box?

• Like Like x 11
  14. Brooticus

News Credits:
    I'm amazed they're releasing it without forge or co-op, both of which are a very big deal in Halo.

Still, I've got no skin in this game. I think Halo Reach was the last Halo game I truly enjoyed. But man, those Halo 3 days were fucking magical.

Did you know a single drosophila fruit fly sperm is nearly 6cm long?

• Like Like x 7
  15. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    Haha, you're not too far off!

I think I'm more excited for the sentinel coming later this year.

And Tigatron, looking forward to hearing when he'll be available.

• Like Like x 10
  16. Dropfire

Dropfire Well-Known Member

So to follow on from a few different posts here. I created a system for myself to balance out collecting.

I call it the fantasy transformer subscription service.....(boo lame boo) ahem.

Basically I just buy 1 figure a month that's it. Once I've bought my figure for the month no more.

Any size class but I try and stick to deluxe or voyager, but have bought leader for bots like prime.

The fun thing about this is say planning out the next few months.

• Like Like x 12
  17. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering whether to move on my 2007's :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 5
  18. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    It’s kinda sad when you realise you’ve lost attachment to some figures or that you realise they don’t really go with anything and have worked their way into the collection out of the need to always have something on the way.

Long way to go but expect a massive CHUG sale. Really need to create a thread to flog my crap!

• Like Like x 13
  19. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Went to order the Survivor Series Hulk Hogan figure from Ringside and they'd already sold their initial batch so I secured one from their next shipment which is expected towards the end of next month.

Whilst I'm waiting I'll see if I can get a different head so I don't have to use the one from my Defining Moments figure. The stoic head from the Ultimate Edition Hollywood Hogan would be ideal although I'd have to get it repainted without the stubble.

The same sculpt has been reused for red & yellow Hogan in the Amazon Exclusive Fan Takeover Ultimate Edition but that got gobbled up by the scalpers about as quickly as a Cobra Island Exclusive and I'm not paying £100 for it on ebay.

Been reading some tributes to Charlie Watts from Alice Cooper, Mikkey Dee of Motorhead and Tony Iommi as well as the official statement on the Stones website. All bands need a Charlie Watts, someone who's quietly efficient and happy to let the bigger personalities take the spotlight.

It will really worry me if Keith goes because he's supposed to form a post nuclear band with Ozzy and do gigs for the cockroaches.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  20. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Sounds like a good call, at least to take a break. You might consider selling anything you're no longer fond of too? I find it quite carchartic, stuff I don't want starts to really bother me after I've decided I don't like it. The only struggle then is not getting the urge to splurge with the new cash in your pocket.

• Like Like x 8