The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    The fact that the tape was OVER the scuff marks on the box was a bit of a giveaway.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

Yep, I managed to get several from the Entertainer pretty cheaply.

A couple of them though are the Japanese market Takara Tomy version of the pod builder set which had a correctly sized opening pod (as well as stickers for pods 1-3). It’s not just Transformers where the Japanese get the best stuff!

• Like Like x 5
  3. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Hasbro, that's a perfectly normal physical difference. Don't let DB tell you any different!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Cashed out: a fond farewell to coins and notes

I get all the reasons people want and need it, all totally fair enough, but Christ I wish it would fuck off.

If it's not 'tax-dodging and already a shitehawk' tradesmen, it's my mum and dad asking me to order a load of stuff then paying me back in cash I use in Tesco, rather than spend money travelling to the bank in town.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Much better C

• Like Like x 3
  6. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

G1 Takara Landcross Back 2 WAS501.5C4NR 1200.jpg
    G1 Takara Multiforce Landcross WAC4S151.5NN 1200-1.jpg

Landcross

• Like Like x 6
  7. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

• Like Like x 7
  8. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 4
  9. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    Phew, lots of questions on the other threads, hows everyone doing over here?

How was TFNation?
    I missed most all of it as was at a child's birthday party.
    Looking forward to attending in person next year and meeting up with you fine folk.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 21
  10. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    I’ve never been to TFN, so I had no expectations, and was caught up mostly in ToyFu’s shenanigans. That being said:
    I caught an amazing video edit of multiple TF series that made even the worst of them look exciting and engaging.
    The next bit I picked up was the WHITEST rap I have ever heard by someone who can “name Transformers that sort of rhyme and fill in words that also rhyme if needed”, I wanted the ground to open and swallow me up!
    I had hoped to watch at my leisure today, but they’ve not left the stream up.
    Missed the quiz too sadly.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  11. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I don't want to use my phone for payments. It's already too centralised for stuff. Card payments is what i use, and what i want to use. Having your phone as the means to pay just makes it far too easy to be completely fucked if something happens to it. Which, lets face it, could easily happen since tech guys have admitted phones are built with something like a 2 year lifespan and then keel over.

Oh nice! Japan to the rescue again! Must admit, a few months ago i dug my thunderbirds out and was looking to see how cheap it would be to get extra pods for the regular sized tb2 and then put my own numbers on them. Both the matchbox and new one.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Friday stream

Saturday stream

• Like Like x 8
  13. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    I’m an idiot. Thank you!

• Like Like x 5
  14. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    More leaks in computer listings! Though it's obvious the cross-pollination continues with the SS86 Core Class to complement what we have already from Kingdom, not quite sure where I'm at with Pretenders (Iguanus) also sitting in that price point. Unless we're gonna get a mix of Pretenders across the sizes? A Commander Class Stranglehold will be immediately welcomed, thanks. Very interested to see how this Menasor take turns out anyway.

I also think I need to lay off the Internet and sack off the majority of Transformers social media as there are some right fucking cases out there and they seem to be the majority. Everyone hates everything and it's rubbing off. Time was you could just smile knowingly, scroll past and move onto something of merit. Now you're literally looking for glimmers of gold in a bag of shite.

• Like Like x 21
  15. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No problem.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    Finally decided to start diving into my stack of toyhax stickers - started with G2 Prime trailer and Netflix OP Battlemasters.

2CFA74D1-6DE2-4F8A-AF8A-ED3FAC0FF8D2.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  17. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

Grrr, what's the point of eBay notifications coming through AFTER the auction has ended!? :mad: 
    My own fault for forgetting to check, but still frustrating. The hunt continues...

All the TFN talk has me hyped for next year. I've only been to one before (2018), which I thoroughly enjoyed, so would be good to get a ticket for next year and meet some of you fine folk in real life! :) 

• Like Like x 9
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I had a cheeky peek at the Friday stream last night. Interesting to find out Matty Ferguson's big break was Tumblr in it's hayday, Gary Chalk I found less compelling but didn't know he was born Brit!
    With @Apollux's warning ringing in my ears, I suspect possibly something like the RID Cyberverse/Legend scale Bludgeon light retools with robot modes having the few cues from their shells, although at Core scale and with BW in the mix it occurs it may not be G1 Iguanus but his BW namesake, IIRC he was the same scale/pricepoint as Rattrap in BW?
    It would be great if the Hateclick Bubble would burst, genuine legit criticism has mostly died. It seems some really should take a break from the hobby, and go touch grass for a while!

EDIT: Just caught up with @Apollux's Q&A, so it's the Former with the Pretenders exactly as disappointing as expected, though if only they nabbed the "Mutant Head" gimmick from Beast Wars, and had their Inner Robot heads under/inside their Shell Heads I'd be well up for that. I doubt we'd see that at Core scale though.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  19. Siege Fan

Yup, I use my phone as the backup to my cards (I don't know how many times I've seen chips fail even though I look after my cards).

The other benefit with cards though is not waiting on some old dear to fish her purse out of a handbag and count out money AFTER everything has been put through the till. Speeds up self service too.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Currently wondering whether the newly-listed Core class Iguanus has 5mm ports, and the "Energon Monsters" are Fossiliser-type things that homage the shells in some way.

I might pick him up as-is to start a Bludgeon's Merry Cult Crew shelf. He'll be a bit weeny but I'll give him a spear, Stormbringer style, to add some presence. He never did get his pretender suit in IDW1, he just had a bot mode that referenced it.

EDIT: I'd want a big lad for Bludgeon, though. Maybe that 3P one, Susanoo, which looks to be that sweet spot of halfway between old Voyager and old Leader.

• Like Like x 7