The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

@Prescient with Moona at InDemandTiys do you get free shipping? Also if you order something or put a deposit which is less than £5 do you get extra credit for the difference?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

In all fairness I didn’t realise just how colossal that chess set would be. But still, it’s just a chess set. You could make one out of core-class figures for much less than £600.

Yeah, I remember as a youngster somewhat baffled by the Ways Of Girl that the media expected me to be absolutely consumed by lust for them Spiced Ladies, and Geri in particular, but I felt nothing. The manufactured sexiness was just so obvious and plain. I remember thinking that Emma was prettier, and Mel C clearly the one you’d most want to actually spend time with.

Yeah, the Spice Hype was pretty weird.

As for Gina G, much respect for anyone with the guts to walk on stage to represent the UK at Eurovision. Even back then, when we weren’t yet a pariah state.

Well as I said yesterday, were this a normal year we’d have already seen painted versions of the prototypes at toy trade fairs, so if that’s the case it’s a problem of their own making.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Yup, happening all the time and the latest thing is not fully loading the page.

Don't, they've just asked me to return a Micromaster set instead of just sending me the one that's missing!

Al-pacino-movies.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    I must admit I feel the scale is off, 3inch pieces and roughly halving the size of the board may have allowed for a more realistic cost? Even $400 would seem more reasonable, and for that I'm getting a Galactus....

For $700 it almost feels like you could commission your own custom set from some artisan on Etsy or elsewhere.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 6
  6. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

Feels like someone said a certain name 3 times and summoned Michael Keaton!

Yup. I've been getting loads recently, either wiping out the whole page, or having pages load without all content or styles applied.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

Nice to get a preorder for Percy in.

Good week for leaks though. (Glad to see Silverstreak.) Whenever we get a load of reveals/leaks I always think ‘I’m almost done’. I realise I’ve been thinking that for the last 10 years.

I wrote a list of all the figures I would get if made, over 100. So yeah, almost done!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Siege Fan

Kingdom Battle Across Time Mirage mini review...

First off the box art really is kinda cool.

20210813_185200.jpg

And here's the back.

20210813_185245.jpg

Head and chest are very well done and the paint is relatively excellent considering it's a lot of white!

20210813_202518.jpg

If you're doing the whole shoulder-mounted bit it's achievable but the loosest of connections. It's reasonably posable like this and there's enough articulation all around it to bodge a decent dynamic look (I'm just shite at pics).

20210813_202608.jpg

20210813_202728.jpg

One thing to note is I've two of Kingdom and both are super tight to the point it's a problem later. I'll explain then.

Comparison pic with Siege...

20210813_202048.jpg

... Generally I prefer the cleaner look of Siege but more the shade of blue on Kingdom. So classic Hasbro tactics, then.

Both alt modes really work for me, and it's one of the few that doesn't look hideous with weapons on it.

20210813_204730.jpg

20210813_204927.jpg

See the split up the middle in this next pic? That would look much worse if I hadn't clamped it in my hand and used the air intake section as a 'lock'. The spoiler is also more than a little scary as it's 4 thin bits of interlocking plastic you kinda force together, be careful!

20210813_205019.jpg

Really it's likely gonna come down to the alt mode if you've already got Siege. In hand Kingdom's looks really cool to me and not as squat. Both figures give you multiple display options then if you have the space! Bot wise there isn't so much difference, truthfully. But definitely worth picking up for the alt and don't discount Grimlock until you've messed around with it! I'll do a review of him when I get a chance.

Of course, going back to Hasbro tactics, your decision would have been much easier if these were just standard releases and you weren't essentially paying £25 or more for a fucking deluxe :rolleyes: 

Anyway, Mirror Man is one you'll maybe need to see for yourself.

• Like Like x 16
  9. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

I was quite scathing of Kingdom Mirage when first revealed, but the more in hand pictures I see... I'm starting to warm up to him.
    Dammit, I'm going to end up tracking one down aren't I?!

Also mentally debating whether SS Percy is enough of an improvement on TR to warrant getting. Hmm, first world problems and all that

• Like Like x 4
  10. Siege Fan

Here's how I look at it, Amazon say they're getting more in and you can PO at a cheaper price than Pulse who still have stock as a safety option... don't like it? Return it to Amazon :D 

Two Percys is never a problem lol.

'Broken City' Scribe To Write New 'Spawn' Movie

Cool.

MOTU Origins Stridor... for the size of it I'm thinking it'll just be released on it's own and not with a figure like the Sky Sled. What I'm really curious about is leg articulation. I mean they didn't even bother with the cats but horsey might be a tough sell otherwise.

Smyths have Sweep listed but nobody else from that line's announcement. There's a few other new bots but I think they're all Bayverse.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  11. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good morning All,

The thread moves rapidly in the space of a day. Just catching up as I was offline from here after the reveals yesterday afternoon.

Congrats to @Ottertron on the success of getting a new job. Well done!

I’ve been having the same issues which have been occurring more often and probably started about a week ago. It is a pain when you have typed out a post with the quotes to then re-do. I might need to run updates on my device to see if it rectifies the cloudfare error message from happening.

I remember when the original Diablo 1 came out and I spent many hours on it when I should have been working on my dissertation. Such an atmospheric game. I enjoyed Diablo 2 but they had altered the graphics somewhat to the first and the background settings put you further away from the action. I preferred the dungeon action of the first. A fantastic franchise.

On the subject of gaming - @Vertex @MyTea Boc ,the voodoo graphics cards by 3dfx absolutely revolutionised gaming back in the day. Gave those with underpowered pcs the opportunity to play games at higher res without stuttering and crisper images. It was a must to have if into pc gaming. Quake 1 and 2, Unreal Tournament, Carmageddon. Great games! Played them all. Found these games whilst getting the lawnmower out of the garage this morning:

04358922-1BF7-4CA5-9482-7E01B2BF2601.jpeg

@IrnBro - I’ve enjoyed your photos you have taken capturing the stars and was curious to know if you have or plan to capture some shots of the Perseids?

Before I cut the lawn I grabbed some grass for my son’s 2 Guineas as a treat. Grass to them is like chocolate so I thought they would be eternally grateful. Bit damp at the moment to take them outside and mow the lawn for me:

CFBCBC18-A546-446F-9278-A8171CC08389.jpeg
    32C10529-DE09-4FC3-A6BB-D0BDB73D3C69.jpeg

New arrivals from Comics&Cocktails yesterday. That’s me done for Space Marines until the next wave. Looking forward to the Orks.

4B842F34-3AE5-4510-A434-6EE02B4B74DE.jpeg

Looking forward to G2 Ramjet arriving Monday from IDT and Roddy/Tracks could be tues/wed from Comics being on my doorstep. Cancelled safety orders with Hasbro Pulse. I believe the Forgotten Realms Drizzt and Gyuen will go out in the last week of Aug.

• Like Like x 12
  12. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

@Red leader and the minions at Kapow Towers have beaten Pulse, for the second time in as many weeks….I think I’m right in saying that’s the same for many of us in here using a multitude of e-tailers, not a good look for Hasbro…

That aside, G2 Ramjet and his Neoness are epic and am I right in saying this is the first figure to do away with plastic completely in the packaging?

image.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  13. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20210814-064450.jpg

Diaclone official Twitter feed teasing some Powered Convoy action it looks like. :eek: 

Wallet rushed to ER in preparation...

• Like Like x 7
  14. Siege Fan

There's been Deep Cover who didn't use plastic, I think?

• Like Like x 6
  15. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Astrotrain is still around at retail.

Star Action Figures had him a couple of weeks ago, Kapow too.

You can buy from Amazon USA along with Shockwave at the equivalent of uk rrp shipped.

Once retail stock dries up he will go up.

Anyway, my arrival for the day. I'd been after a siege Springer for ages. I missed the ones Star Action Figures had in. Ordered off Amazon UK from a german marketplace seller at pretty close to retail after shipping. Nice case fresh box so I am happy.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  16. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Now I have Deep Cover and I can’t remember for the life of me!!!:oops: :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  17. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Tweaked as fudge 2021-08-14-10-21-15.jpg 2021-08-14-10-18-54.jpg 2021-08-14-10-22-44.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  18. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    It's Saturday Night and Grim's mail-order date is right on cue. IMG_20210814_102500.jpg

"Be Still me beating fuel-pump!"

Yes I have indeed paid over the odds (pennies off £70 all in) to jump the gun here, but with constant delay/pushbacks on our release dates I'm angsty about this one - this completes my TF year barring the fact that Pipes/Slammer have to turn up sometime and that Diaclone BlueStreak likewise will probably drop sometime before year's end.

He's magnificent.

Waiting for the other three just got even more excruciating.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 17
  19. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

• Like Like x 4
  20. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Anyone have a link to the ToyFu spreadsheet? I'm probably being daft, but I can't find it

• Like Like x 4