The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

• Like Like x 8
  2. DerpySpike

DerpySpike G1 til I die

Twitter:
    Maybe it's included in the shipment and ID just didn't mention it specifically...

• Like Like x 3
  3. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

[​IMG]The Rock Says by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Just Bring It! by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

Taking pics of figures with digitally painted headsculpts is proving to have a bit of a learning curve as if I get too close the individual dots of paint show up and it looks weird.

I was a bit too close on the pic with the smiling head but went back a tad for the other one and captured it better.

I still want the previous Ultimate Edition Rock but at this point it'll have to be a rerelease as I'm not paying £200 on ebay for it.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  4. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I recommend a BBTS safety pre-order. No trouble to cancel even in your loot pile. Got mine from there months ago.

BBC News - Vodafone to bring back roaming charges from January
    Vodafone to bring back roaming charges from January

As good an excuse as any to remind people that not sitting in work/travelling so much means they can probably reduce their data tariff and claim some money back ahead of going on holiday... I've only needed 3Gb a month with Lebara for a fiver. Most stable network I've ever been on.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Not saying i dont want a trailer, just saying i dont want a useless trailer...POTP Rodimus may have his issues but he uses all his alt mode in bot mode

• Like Like x 7
  6. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I think they use concept car designs relatively often? I've never looked into it very far as I'm not a car person, but I would presume it's a lot cheaper to licence non-production models than it is fancy road vehicles. The Classics Hot Rod was kinda-sorta one I think, a car that was supposed to be put into production but wasn't? Anyway Hasbro slapped some flame decals and a great big fin on the back and called it a day.

The crossover idea I most like is with Warhammer 40k (though I'm sure it's been done plenty of times). A Decepticon ship finds itself in the 40k universe and is kind of appalled at just how horrific and violent everything is. They're at a phyiscal advantage over most opponents save the heavier hitters of Chaos and the Imperium, but are outmatched by the notion of an entire galaxy tooled to engage in never-ending total war. Starscream would totally sell himself to a Chaos God and instantly regret it. Eventually the Decepticons would work out that not only are the Imperium human, but this is just a future of the regular humans they already knew, and the humans have got utterly, irrevocably fucked up over the last 40 millenia. Then they'd try and track down Cybertron only to find it was eaten by Tyrannids.

... listen, I might have over-thought this.

If anything Tiny Toons was the most egregious of the lot, but gets a pass by being generally pretty good. Now James Bond Jr however... the show with the absolute best worst theme song ever? I am here for it.

I guess that 'SCUM' is the name of the knock-off SPECTRE-a-like villains, but it just sounds like they're using it in the casual, pejorative sense. Also the singers have to try very hard to make sure that 'chases' and 'scum' are carefully articulated and don't run together, because... ah... well.

• Like Like x 10
  7. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Used a load of boiling water and no joy. Even tried boiling water now the pin is exposed and got nippers round the head and won't shift.

Options are

A- cut the head of the pin with a dremmel, swap and hammer the pin stubs back in.

B- cover with rag and hammer the arm back in place into blu tack to protect the shoulder and then either get the 3d printed shoulder filler or fill with green stuff, sand and paint

• Like Like x 3
  8. Astro-Furby

Sexy green ML She-Hulk has just arrived and that new headsculpt is beautiful, heres hoping we get a purple/white leotard version (or F4 uniform) before the inevetible TV show versions

• Like Like x 5
  9. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    True! I'm a huge apologist for the POTP toy, and if it wasn't for those issues I'd say it was definitive.

As for Kingdom Rodneymus, I'm honestly looking forward to slapping every spare gun, sword and other accessory I have into the ports on the inside of the trailer. Trailer full of KNIVES.

• Like Like x 10
  10. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's bad luck.

Did you follow my notes below? The YouTube guides do make it look overly quick and I suspect they had already been released and re fixed rather than from fresh.

It does take time if the pins are stuck. Easily 10 mins of re heating and gently prying. I used the mobile phone / electronic prying tools rather than the car trim ones. I can imagine it would be easy to over leverage with the trim tools.

• Like Like x 3
  11. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I wouldn't mind the purple & white leotard version and there's likely a decent chance of the F4 costume on a retro card as a Fan Channel Exclusive to go along with the main retro F4 wave.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Any chance you could get some needlenose pliers in to work the pin without clipping the head?

• Like Like x 6
  13. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Over-thought? Half baked thought mate. You neglected to mention tau-Decepticon headmasters and discovering grimlock has joined the orc horde and become boss.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    You're probably right about concept cars... a lot of concept cars also frankly have the right sort of lines for Cybertronian modes too as they tend to not have all those pesky legally required things like wing mirrors and other 'human' things on them that break up the aesthetic shapes. :D 

And that's a neat 40k Crossover idea! I've given some thought to one myself, admittedly taking a different tack of it being an AU to both settings where they always co-existed - kind of like the Star Trek one - rather than dimensional crossing ness. Though I've only really done sporadic world building ideas such as the 'Men of Iron' from Human history in 40k were actually the Cybertronians and Optimus feels guilty for their war being a big part in why humanity's golden age ENDED. Also the idea a lot of Imperium tech is derived from reverse engineered Cybertronian stuff. Space Bridges are functionally similar to Webway too. Kind of fun meshing things together.
    Also one thing exists purely for the terrible pun. Unicron ate a Tomb World and reformatted the Necrons into... Unecrons! :lol  Galvatron was the Necron Lord of that world :D 

But wow, your idea. Decepticons as the protags in a crossover with 40k really... works! :O love it!
    Transformer Crossovers are fun to come up with as TFs are so easily inserted into other settings, especially ones with cool machines :) 

Fun fact: It was an SU crossover custom that actually motivated me to make my account on here. The custom never got finished but I'm glad I made an account :) 

In my ideas I have Orks befriending Junkions. It just seems natural. Orks call them TRUKKBOYZ

• Like Like x 6
  15. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, different pry tools that may be softer but those pins just weren't going anywhere.

Nope not enough space to get in there or to pull unfortunately

• Like Like x 6
  16. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    I'm still hanging in there for Lawyer Power-Suit She-Hulk :( 

• Like Like x 6
  17. Astro-Furby

They did make a SDCC 2007 con exclusive version years ago with a cloth suit over a F4 uniform

[​IMG]

Would love to see this done with the latest figure
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    If I have them still come payday gimme a shout!

• Like Like x 7
  19. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Hello chums

Might have been mentioned before, but anyone know when / how Tigatron is due out? Is he mainline or exclusive?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Bips

Bips Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe tiger man is in wave 4 of the Kingdom mainline. Probs be out towards the end of the year.

• Like Like x 4