The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glorious!

That is EPIC. But, wow... that's also a lot of orange paint!

• Like Like x 5
  2. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

Zavvi are best for stuff you only "kinda" want - That way you aren't fussed when they cancel the order on you.

• Like Like x 9
  3. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I did that with the recent Marvel Legends Silver Centurion Iron Man in one of their sales and was pleasantly suprised when it actually arrived! :D 

• Like Like x 6
  4. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pry tools arrived and started trying to fix galvy. Honestly I'm close to giving up, got the left shoulder close but those pins just won't pop at all.
    received_1202628576878957.jpeg received_363293741847106.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  5. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Personally, I would just return any defective Galvatron. Maybe buy 3, hoping that one will be fine. And if all 3 are defective, do that again. It might take a month, but this is not a toy deserving so much unpaid work.

I am waiting for a Takara version with the correct shade of lilac, then I'll finally bite.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    I love how g2 megs is the stand in for nanny's legs.

I laughed. Big laughs. Tears followed. Because poop is funny.

I had just stepped into my kiddies paddling pool the other week, when she unleashed a sea beastie. Sooo I understand your horror. I was at least only ankle deep. I blame the wife for forgetting to fit her swim nappy.

I... may have done this one night out the back window of a car after a Def Leppard concert. Not my finest hour. I did however at least check to make sure there wasn't any cars behind us.

This is why you are the brains of this operation! That is a great idea!

Prime had plenty of time to shoot before Hot Rod came along. He hesitated. My head cannon is, Prime knew Megatron was shimmying over to a gun, and he was going to let him get it, because he wouldn't shoot a an unarmed combatant while he was on his knees. And he so very much wasn't for taking prisoners after he'd lost so many friends that day.

Jaysus on a stick. That is awesome.

With all the titan display talk this week, I've been of the mind that I really can't spare space for more than another 1-2 titans, and yet as soon as I saw that, for a hot moment I thought it was a leak of selects Titans and my brain said 'make space fuckstick'.

I've got to try that city mode.

Attempting that position can fuck your hips up if done wrong. Don't believe me, ask TR Trypticon.

• Like Like x 13
  7. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    A good read!

• Like Like x 9
  8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Titanjawdropper.gif
    That required a suitably Titanic Jaw Drop:lol ! That is amazing! Autobot City indeed!

:lolol 

*Hug*

Headcanon accepted :thumb 

• Like Like x 8
  9. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

News Credits:
    Nice update on In Demand Toys Facebook re this week’s TF delivery.

Much excite.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Well to be honest, they didn't make cars like that back then either. The world of wacky concept cars is a strange and beautiful rabbit hole.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(I love the woman's expression in the last one. She knows full well the bullshit she's been dipped in here)

That said, tell me you wouldn't want to see this one as Sideswipe and Sunstreaker's drunk, belligerant cousin:
    [​IMG]

The Dreamwave thing is one of many concepts that was trotted out without a whole lot of thought and planning. It was never clear just how long Shockwave's regime had been around for, as the whole planet just shut down mid-war. Did this last for 8 years or 8 million before he woke everybody up?

Moreover, the length of time between crash-landing on earth and waking up is arbitary at best. I get the feeling the initial figure of 8 million years was just scribbled down by Jim Shooter in 1984 and forgotten about, before he got on with his regular job of bouncing the value of Marvel's stock up and down like a yoyo. You could just as well have the Ark crash-land 8000 years ago and it wouldn't make any real difference. If there were any humans around back in 6015 BCE to watch a star fall out of the sky and smash right into a dormant volcano, they'd do the sensible thing and never go near it ever. And that way you don't have to deal with the very real problem of trying to imagine beings fighting a war over millions of years without any substantial change.

So in the G1 cartoon Shockwave is true to his word when he tells Megatron that Cybertron will be the same as when he left it, because fuck-all has actually changed during that time. The Decepticons are basically in charge but to no real effect, as they just sit around waiting for Megatron to get back with some chips. In the Marvel comic the war is somehow still actively going on after all that time, with Blaster, Xaaron and their resistence cells still plugging away despite the fact they've made no real gains for millions of years. It just strains credibility, is all.

Beast Wars did the same double-crash-landing as G1 but then had the crews of the two ships get up and get on with shit straight away, with no time skip (they added one in later for Beast Machines, with hilarious results). Armada, I seem to recall, had the crash-landing/time-skip, but with the minicon ship instead, so the Autobots and Decepticons were just plugging away the whole time. Animated had only a 50 year sleep, and used that to help advance the story, as humans weren't idle during that time. The movies and Prime just had no time-skip at all (except for Sentinel in DOTM) and it was just fine.

I guess it's the old elf problem again - when a species is functionally immortal and deal with periods of time in the millions of years it should have massive effects on the way they are portrayed socially and culturally. But that would make for a pretty weird hard sci-fi conceit in an 80s toy advert cartoon, so obviously that wouldn't fly. Anyway, make them crash-land in the ancient past, not the prehistoric past.

To be honest I only have the vaguest memories of Muppet Babies. I think it was basically the progenitor of all those thousands of lazy 90s cartoons that just had 'kid' versions of old characters. Because obviously the way to get cool 90s kids back into Tom and Jerry was to make the mouse and the cat into children. That's just science.

• Like Like x 9
  11. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All this talk of Rodimus Prime...

Screenshot 2021-08-09 122728.png

... I don't even know who you are talking about.

[WARNING: NEXUS EVENT IN PROGRESS]

• Like Like x 16
  12. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much every one out there is a lemon unfortunately.

Update, the plastic on both shoulders has sheard and not the pins. I think I can fix it but jeez don't know how folk are making this look easy, the boiling water method definitely doesn't work
    IMG_20210809_123259.jpg IMG_20210809_123236.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Instant origins collection! Anyone interested in these 4 fellas posted for £47 posted?

IMG_20210809_123357839.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  14. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Spicy times are upon us!

Screenshot_20210809-123610_Facebook.jpg

I see nobody has posited a fix for the Ark's potentially problematic shoulder situation. Let's crack open the egg on arrival, shall we?

*winces in faux bravado*

*cracks knuckles anyway*

• Like Like x 10
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Maybe a dash of steam or freshly boiled water for a bit of expansion assistance?

• Like Like x 6
  16. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Those are some pretty cool concept cars, especially that last one.
    Actually, just a bunch of Concept Car Transformers would be fun :D  Now imagining one as a pretentious avant garde personality bot :D 

Thanks for the info on various TF canons. And I get what you mean about the Elf problem. I do kind of see it as them not viewing millions of years as that big a deal, but then again in MTMTE JRo had Tailgate be shocked by a timeframe of 6 million years that he was out for so it's not really something they backed up much.

As for crashing on Earth, it would be pretty cool if they did a version where the Ark crashing happened in modern day. Various government agencies would have one hell of a coverup :lol 

Also now imagining a TF AU which is more like Steven Universe with having the Cybertronians crashing/landing in the past (though the Gems it was only a few thousand years ago) and possibly still fighting their civil war but basically they've been around in the background for the whole of Human history though to continue the SU analogy possibly the Autobots, assuming they drove the 'cons away from Earth somehow, try and remain out of the way of the natives as much as possible and end up having a semi mythical status for much of humanity's history at least until the modern day.

Incidentally I've given some thought to an SU/Transformers crossover. One of the many ideas I mean to write up at some point ><

• Like Like x 7
  17. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Wave three finally incoming in eanrest then. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  18. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    If it wasn’t the middle of the month I’d have snapped them up from you Broot. Bah my poor financial acumen!!

• Like Like x 4
  19. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    Muppet babies, James Bond Jr., wasn't there even a baby popeye show, or son of popeye? Even tiny toons.... huh. I never really thought of it.

Grim.

Hopefully this means Kapow's Ark/ Roddy delivery isn't far off too.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  20. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    *refreshes emails*
    Damn.
    *refreshes emails*
    Damn.
    *refreshes emails*
    Damn.
    *refreshes emails*
    Damn.

• Like Like x 13