The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    As an in Universe explanation this is as good as any for The Homer of the franchise.

That "real" vehicle looks magnificently Gerry Anderson-ish (something out of UFO) and I want to live in one.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Strafe28066

Strafe28066 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So was messing around with my SS Sentinel Prime and realised again how badly he needs his shield, what upgrade kit would be best and where can I get one?

• Like Like x 4
  3. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    DNA Design did one in a 3 pack. Came with a new sword that can split, his acid cannon (it does have a name but I always forget) and then his shield. It came with stuff for SS Blackout and SS Concept Camaro Bee.

I’ll try to find a link to one for you, but it came out a while back.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Strafe28066

Strafe28066 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cheers

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ultimaster09

Ultimaster09 waging a constant war against all hot rods

WARNING: joke post ahead

35 years ago on this day,the souls of many 8-year olds were shattered across the globe because of the hot wad's actions. Ever since, many in the fandom have shared their intense displeasure with the psychobago, so in honor of this I will from today (August 8th) to August 15th I will share hatred and abuse of the burning creep for all those who cried due to prime and his death caused by sh!ttebago. Day 1 will be honoring the name of the kid who locked himself in the closet because of Optimus' death

8/8/86 Never forget

• Like Like x 11
  6. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:

IMG_9129.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  7. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Maybe, but the trailer is needed for alt mode, the toy is good just not £90 good IMO

• Like Like x 4
  8. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

I will always blame Kup more than Hot Rod. He was clearly the senior officer and appeared to be a mentor to the young Autobot. He should have done more than a half hearted "Wait, no, come back".

• Like Like x 11
  9. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Ok Napalm, you are responsible for this one... we will speak again in around 4 weeks time... :) 

• Like Like x 6
  11. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Excellent review

I absolutely love this! Vehicle mode please!

I always saw it as having to lug round a war waggon. While Prime's trailer was a repair bay, this was a honking big gun. And all the ports on the Kingdom one really add to that. It's also why I like Rodimus' warworn wrinkled face. The chosen one isn't a long term leader, he's a wartime one, once he's done, once the darkest hour has been lit, he steps down. Head cannon has been going crazy with Rodders being from a dimension where the War never ended etc.
    Hell yeah!

• Like Like x 12
  12. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    That’s fair, I was on the edge myself since I was fine with the more parts per size class over physical size for price points up to leader class but wasn’t sure if I wanted to do so for Commander class. Rodimus made that way of doing size classes perfectly okay with me.

I get around the trailer thing as it being piloted and operated by Firedrive when Rodimus isn’t connected to it, since my head canon is that he became binary bonded to Rodimus as a guide from Primus. In the real world, fair enough space would be an issue. I’ve seen someone incorporate it into their display as a platform for him to stand on and give the speech at the end of the movie while the other 86 bots stand below facing him. It was clever.

• Like Like x 6
  13. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Actually I blame Prime, he clearly could have shot Megs in the face, or just not bothered and blasted through the Autobrat to take out the Murderer of Millions.

A small, but necessary sacrifice for Justice.

He didn't, the Big Truck Wuss*

* Opinions expressed may not be entirely serious. Again.

• Like Like x 16
  14. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

I'm half joking, but I agree. Megatron had already picked up the gun before Hot Rod jumped at him. Prime should have shot him there and then. (Alternatively, the movie should have had Megs pick up the gun after grabbing Hot Rod to use as a shield)

• Like Like x 4
  15. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

It's quite amusing that in both Marvel UK and season 3 of the cartoon Rodimus is far more world weary and tired of war than Optimus ever was, despite having been leader for all of a hot minute. Look at Headhunt where he laments how terrible his life is despite having been leader for about two years and having control of half of Cybertron, compared to Optimus doing it for millions of years and the Decepticons ruling Cybertron for most of that time.

It's even worse in the cartoon where the Autobots have complete control of Cybertron and the Decepticons are exiled to a barren little planet and have no ability to mount any sort of competent counter attack due to their leader being batshit crazy.

Dude didn't realise how good he had it.

• Like Like x 11
  16. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    The thing about Optimus and Rodimus is that Optimus was built for war and heroics, Hot Rod had a good spark but he does his best and not to mention probably had robot PTSD from the battle of Autobot city, as well as technically causing Primes death. That’s a lot to handle for a young bot being thrust into that position.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    That is fucking ridiculous. I love it so much.

Whatever the intended reasoning (probably nothing more than Floro Dery having a normal one to be honest) it has the hilarious unintended effect of being a vehicle mode made of Hot Rod... with extra stuff. Hot Rod dragging literal baggage with him everywhere he goes.

Now, for an opinion I suspect won't be very popular, but it's been preying on my mind a while now. I think if you really want just the cab/robot section of Rodimus Prime without all the extra gubbins... you might not really want Rodimus Prime. Because for me at least, you can't have Rodimus without the trailer. Take away the trailer and you're just left with Hot Rod after a few protein shakes. It's a daft alt mode, it's weird and impractical, it has no windows on it for some reason (and windowless camper vans are never a good sign), but it's him. To want Rodimus without the trailer makes me wonder if it's just a case of wanting to fill the Rodimus-shaped gap in a collection, rather than actually wanting the toy itself. And hey, no judgement there, I know there's more than a couple of similar cases in my collection already - Optimus Prime, for example. But yeah, I think having just the cab section wouldn't be Rodimus. Go big or go home, that's the Rodney way.

• Like Like x 11
  18. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

PTSD makes a lot of sense. Look at his first appearance in "Wanted: Galvatron!" He shoots a surrendering enemy dead (in a deliberate inversion of the Movie) then immediately turns around and screams at Kup for making lighthearted jokes. The guy is clearly not coping at all with being made leader.

(God, "Wanted: Galvatron" is such a good story.)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  19. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :D :p ;) 
    IMG_20210808_220211.jpg IMG_20210808_220229.jpg IMG_20210808_220243.jpg
    IMG_20210808_220211.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  20. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!