The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

I paid 20 GBP to "buy" the Black Widow movie on Disney+.
    For two people watching, it was more or less the same price as cinema tickets, saving the travel costs and the obsessive munching of self-unaware viewers in the same theatre.
    IMAX would cost 50% more. I guess for some movies it would be worth to go for IMAX.
    But for most movies, I find paying 20 GBP for two people provides similar value and a better experience than going to the cinema (and I have a 30 inches monitor, so it's not some massive home theatre).

If it's only you watching, then yeah, 20 GBP are not ideal.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Happy birthday!!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Oh look people getting annoyed by Blackarachnia giving Airrazor a peck on the cheek in a very meh series and claiming it's Hasbro forcing values down their throat.

They're not homophobic though guys! Honest!

Helped me pick today's #deskbot though. Kingdom Blacharachnia is the best toy version of the character with a couple of minor flaws (boob tab) and a slightly wonky transformation.
    20210730_090859.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  4. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Plus paying for it on disney+ unlocks it permanently so you an re-watch until it leaves the channel.

This arrived from toysarama nice and early although scheduled delivery was this afternoon.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
  5. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Ah eBay.

Having just declined an offer that was only 40% of (that’s of, not off!) the BIN with the message stating they wanted it for their disabled child…..now I’m not a heartless monster and consider myself to be very fortunate in a number of ways and will always endeavour to “pay it forwards” when I can, but cynicism has deffo got the batter of me today…!

• Like Like x 12
  6. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Well, I was actually quite impressed by Kingdom
    I've never seen a cartoon fit that many willies in it's mouth in one go
    Watched it in the bath. Very sexy.

Happy birthday @doucoo Curry is an excellent way to celebrate, Douglas! Well played.

"...and it is Galvatron!"
    From TF:UK #86 'Target:2006'
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

That's what I meant about costs adding up, but I'd never pay £20 for a movie that wasn't on a disc I got to keep or experienced on a massive screen, personally.

Bought this in Tesco (I wish to fuck they had more self-service tills for paying by cash, my parents still deal in it), didn't know it existed

20210730_091538.jpg

Spotted these too

20210730_085033.jpg

Sadly no Funko Pop Shockwave, probably just wind up ordering from Oz instead of relying on Tesco ever getting new stock in.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

I think if you actually had a disabled child you wouldn’t message random people on eBay telling them so.

I had someone who wanted me to ‘hold’ a figure they wanted for their child. They then said their brother in law was going to buy it so when someone made an offer, I accepted. I didn’t bother replying to the subsequent guilt message I got.

Some people just can’t seem to grasp that the world doesn’t revolve around them.

• Like Like x 8
  9. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

That really threw me, don’t think I’ve ever had such a surprised reaction to dialogue in a TF show, I mean Prime pushed it but I don’t think they ever said anything quite as direct. Blackarachnia was one of my favourite parts of Kingdom though she reminded me of Animated and Prime mixed together. Dinobot was cool. The Airazor flight mode was actually kinda cool, I have mine doing the same thing now.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Siege Fan

It was a bit weird, no doubt about it.

Reading your post I just remembered Megs getting his sword stuck in a tree :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  11. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

House of Sports have more Sky Lynxes up but they are now £58, which takes the P a bit as it seems they cancelled plenty of the £40 orders. They also have the POTP deluxes that have previously only been on Game.

*also selling the micromasters for £13 AND £8!! idiots

• Like Like x 6
  12. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    I’ve had the disabled child line as well, I said I don’t do buy it now auctions and wished ‘em luck!

Recently though, if I get persistent messaging and my replies aren’t good enough for them, I’ve been increasing my blocked bidders list.

I’d prefer to pre-emptively block someone than risk them winning with no intent on paying and wasting my time.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The lego crocodile is out in tesco? Thought it was a lego store exclusive or maybe that was just for the first couple of months. I love mine, was a fun build too. Hopefully if a wide release I can pick up some more for the alt builds when on the good old tesco / sainsbury fire sale.

@Skywarp SCS I've had loads of those with the same narrative, I just decline normally with a nice message saying what I would go to price wise.

I have often made offers to sellers at 30-50% lower than their asking price but with justification and examples of sales where things have been vastly over priced.

I also don't mind receiving offers that are low if includes a genuine message.

If anyone is still tempted at that price. Buy from Game as you get it properly packaged.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Siege Fan

Yeah, I checked was it an exclusive as I'd never heard of it before. It didn’t even have a price tag in the store.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dropfire

Dropfire Well-Known Member

So saw the first 4 episodes of Kingdom last night and have to say....I was quite surprised. Ok it's still not my dream TF series, which if you want to know is a mix of the 86 movie, the art style of transformers devasation and the characters and writing of James Roberts and Mairghread Scott.

..but....I quite liked it, Ok there are still some issues from earthrise, a few too many "stand-offy" type moments and some things happening that feel like the writers trying to get a character from here to there rather than actually developing them or having something significant happen to them.

That said I enjoyed it and really liked how it mixed beast wars and g1. Dinobot is a interesting character and I get the feeling this could actually lay some good foundations for a sequel trilogy.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Dropfire

Dropfire Well-Known Member

This should be a mantra for being on TFW2005

• Like Like x 9
  17. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I've only seen one episode ad BAs voice was the one I was most impressed by so far. Fantastic toy too.

Peanut butter and jealous

• Like Like x 8
  18. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Thank you for all the birthday wishes and a belated birthday wishes to all those I have missed. Hope you all had gone days.

Curry is most definitely the way to celebrate but I am not sure the toilet would agree!

• Like Like x 12
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    @doucoo Belated :bday , Doug! (Had to do it a little late for the Catch-Up King! ;) )

• Like Like x 6
  20. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Ugh, of course. Well screw 'em! It made me very happy! :D  I also just realised I kinda predicted that with my 'Spider caught a fly(er)' pic from a few months back :lol 

Edit: It just occurred to me the comment BA made about Arcee could also be interpreted as a deep cut to the versions of Arcee who were BA recolour spider bots. :lol 

That is a dream team indeed! I had similar sequel series feels :) 

Indeed! And one which some people on this site seem to forget at times sadly :( 

• Like Like x 7