The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Need me some more Headmaster Juniors for this dysfunctional fam immediately!

1627573360291.jpg

Thought Grapple's gun might do a decent job approximating Fangry/Wilder's piece and y'know what? I was wrong but it'll do.

2489 (1).jpg

Actually I nailed it. Go me.

Also, anyone without an Omega Supreme should buy one immediately. It's the best toy.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Jesus, what an insane 24 hours it’s been. First we lose Dusty Hill, then I score a FansToys Quietus for £130, then I have to sit through Kingdom, and finally Chibnall and Whittaker are leaving Doctor Who. Talk about taking with one hand and giving with the other!!

Was anyone else annoyed that animated Primal had red hips and the Ark has the correct engine configuration but the toys don’t, or is it just me?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that you point it out the engine configuration is really annoying that they got it right in the show but not the toy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. saber-crusher

saber-crusher Prime

News Credits:
    Love this funko pop I got today from tesco 20210729_172037.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  5. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Honestly? Kingdom was better than the other two series. It was "uneven" rather than "fucking shit."

But the voice director and casting director need a punch to the gut.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Dropfire

Dropfire Well-Known Member

Wow sounds like there was a stream of birthdays recently, Happy birthday to @Cal, @Brum Bot, & @MissingSea and anyone else who's had a birthday in the last 12 months :) 

Hope you all got some nice plastic based birthday presents

• Like Like x 7
  7. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Happy birthday @doucoo! Looking forward to you thanking us sometime in late August. Hope you're having a blast, man.

• Like Like x 10
  8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Just finished Kingdom and as predicted, I really enjoyed it :) 

I do think Beast Megs was done a dirty though, kept expecting him to backstab Megatron rather than just be a zealot. Also funny that Tigatron sounded more like BW Dinobot, though I think the new guy worked for this Dinobot.

I actually also liked that at the end the Deceptipresd and Automals weren't all suddenly friendly. To be honest Megatron taking the 'cons away kind of reminded me of in Prime when Dreadwing returned the Forge of Solus to the Autobots but refused the offer of joining the Autobots. In this case I see it as Megatron agreeing that there is a greater threat, but it's not the same thing as agreeing with Prime or the Autobots.
    I also actually quite like this take on Unicron from what we see. He doesn't have the gravitas of Welles or Noble, but it worked for a Unicron who seems to be something of a chessmaster.

To be honest, while there were certainly some misteps with the voice acting and casting, there were also some real gems and I actually have to applaud them for not having all the characters be cast with people trying to be EXACTLY like prior actors and in some cases clearly trying their own take on the characters, because of course these are NOT the same incarnations of these characters as seen in other shows. I also feel like it has all been improving as the trilogy has gone on. To be honest, and I know this will be a controversial view, I actually look forward to them maybe continuing this.

I also couldn't help but think some of AllSpark Elita's ramblings may be sequel hooks. My eyebrows shot up at 'Dead Multiverse' especially :O
    The talk of other universes in general has me thinking about Legacy

I don't see why not :D 

I did notice a lot of the Beasts seemed off-model for the toys. Also now regretting that they're not doing more Netflix figs as I'd love an Airazor with the darker plumage she had in the show - though that may have been lighting.

Also, while watching the last few episodes... I'm not sure if this was always the case but is it just me or does show Bee look more like a kibble reduced Buzzworthy Origin Bee than the actual 'flix' Bee (which I suspect was truthfully shunted from Earthrise)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Specifically it's the window arangement on the chest.

Also lovely news: My 2B figure has arrived :D  not had a chance to check her out yet though :)  Guess what I'm gonna do now? :D [/spoiler]

• Like Like x 9
  9. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

[​IMG]
    It's our girl Hailee! She’s making a good Kate Bishop.

2E12C928-C4A6-4424-A80C-C12E3FA03676.jpeg FA381E36-ADFD-4BC9-B897-3AF52B1CE049.png

• Like Like x 11
  10. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Wow. Just seen the better pics and preorders that have gone up for Nightbird. That's looking pretty great. Think I'll cancel my Stellarus Prominon so I can move that money over to Nightbird.
    Not yet subjected myself to Earthrise, let alone Kingdom, as I'll be watching on a TV, so no speed up = no go, I think.
    Looks like RT are living down to expectations, sadly. May put them on in the background at some point.

Quic edit to add:
    Has anyone ordered direct from Fans Hobby of late/ ie post-tex rule changes? They don't seem to be adding it on their site, so I'm guessing it's just a matter of fingers crossed going through customs?

• Like Like x 6
  11. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Genius by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

:D 

Apparently Chinballs and Whittaker are finally leaving Dr Who.

I will be applying for the showrunner position but the BBC are unlikely to go for my plan to reset the entire continuity to where it was in 1981 and have the 4th Doctor continue via a combination of DeepFake technology, a body double and Tom Baker voiceovers. It wouldn't even have to look perfect because crappy visuals are par for the course :D 

• Like Like x 9
  12. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pictures do not do this guy justice. He looks and feels amazing.

DSC_1611.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  13. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Looks great. I have no interest in this design, but as it's a UT effort I'm in no doubt this lad will be packed with sublime wizardry.

• Like Like x 2
  14. wampa1

wampa1 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where you can get any version (KO, third party, fourth party, World Party, Party Hard...) version of MPM-03 and/or MPM-04 for a decent price these days? MPM scale as well, not oversized.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

Anyone going for Super 7 Bludgeon?

(Also, anyone ever used heo.com?)

• Like Like x 5
  16. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Well, I just saw wave two of Super 7s Transformers Ultimates and am 100% sold on Bludgeon and Grimlock. Megatron looks decent too but I don’t really feel like I need him.

These are what RED should be!

• Like Like x 5
  17. Xaran Alamas

Forgot to say, Pexus looks great!
    Screenshot_20210729-175025_Photos.jpg
    This amuses me that this is what my phone chose to highlight :lol 

20210728_193800.jpg
    Hammer down!
    20210729_180847.jpg
    :mail 
    Confused me initially as she was packed in a battery charger box inside bubble wrap xD
    20210729_185900.jpg
    Sorry for the poor lighting. She comes with quite the arsenal! And a lot of bits to attach to the stand to hold it all but I've opted for the default twin sword loadout I used for most the game. I'll try more dynamic poses another time :) 

• Like Like x 12
  18. Xaran Alamas

• Like Like x 9
  19. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

Captain Carter and Hydra Stomper pre-ordered with IDT.
    Zombie Cap, Sylvie and Tigra pre-ordered with SAF.

I'm undecided on Binary, the red look too dark in the glam picture (the white background doesn't help).

That Hydra Stomper is an eye watering £58* though.

*£53 with C&C

• Like Like x 6
  20. Dropfire

Dropfire Well-Known Member

Call me old but tonight I'll be curled up on the sofa with the laptop "pretending to work" while watching Kingdom with a cup of warm milk and bisquits.

• Like Like x 17