The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Usually pretty easy to find people selling individual specific figs or complete sets for decent prices, not sure the last time I specifically bought them in blind bag form :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  2. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Can we call him Croc-I?

• Like Like x 7
  3. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

You can’t use the ‘play at 1.25 speed’ option on the TV version of Netflix, only the app, and BOY do I need it :’O(

• Like Like x 7
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I'd guess it's disabled as most smart TVs won't have the brainpower of an actual computing device? If not I'm pretty sure we could take Netflix to The Hague to get done for crimes of violating human rights by committing deliberate torture. :p 

• Like Like x 7
  5. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

Well, that's over.

Loving the irony of the show Netflix Cheetor being purple instead of blue, making both toy versions wrong. :banghead: 

• Like Like x 8
  6. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Lucky Sky Lynx owners Club welcomes its new member

• Like Like x 5
  7. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got a spare Kingdom Red if anyone wants it, £24 posted.

• Like Like x 10
  8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I also clocked that Tigatron had a similar godawful cost-cutting off-the-shelf pre-modelled face like Doubledealer's melted ape face too. The way they'd stretched the proportions to get it close to his robo-tiger face made it look like it had a touch of the melts as well.

Look what they did to my boy, my beautiful boy!
    Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 15.38.24.png Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 15.39.15.png

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  9. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Yeah, but the Shattered Glass Selects Netflix Spoiler Box Target Exclusive will be spot on!

• Like Like x 6
  10. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

In terms of references I'm very old compared to you lol. I've likely seen better produced episodes of Thundercats in the 80s you missed that are way better than what Netflix has given us here tbh :oops: 

Just to be clear I don't mean that patronisingly, it's just I find Netflix WFC to be an insult to folks' intelligence. I gotta be honest!

I'd normally give a more considered review but fuck Kingdom, man.

All the usual nonsense from the previous chapters applies only this time it's worse... Prime especially sounds like he's been shot with a Cybertronian tranquilliser.

Time and space mean nothing to the writers of this show. If they need anybody in a scene they just magically appear. Characters disappear too, no explanation whatsoever.

Dinobot betrays Barney to his face then in the next scene says he's never betrayed him. Goodness knows why we were shown it too. Oh, and that scene has lines running through it!

Barney is utterly shite in this show.

The Golden Disc and Matrix are just whatever moves a scene along, there is no consistent logic with them whatsoever.

The bit with Primal and his jetpack just being frozen in mid-air saw me lol so loud my dogs took notice.

They keep mentioning 'Ghost Starscream' and you'd be forgiven for thinking he was actually dead because you'd fallen asleep and he was just an outline, but no, they eventually explain he has Shockwave's stealth tech. Megatron steals it even though isn't actually shown, from memory. Brings me to a wider problem, almost EVERYTHING happens offscreen because cheap.

Sashaying fembots is not the way to go, RT.

Black Arachnia can seemingly construct and do just about anything.

The Allspark defense mechanism only seems to work when the writers need it to before being totally forgotten, brought back, forgotten again...

The Sunstreaker moment was hilariously bad.

Mirage pretending to be Astrotrain was so awful I genuinely couldn't believe it was happening.

Did they even name Scorponok? I know that would have required explaining and this isn't the team for that at all, but they cheapened him even further by making him the new show Con army builder.

Bee is somehow magically in contact with Starscream, who somehow has been chosen by Unicron as the world's laziest plot device.

The Allspark Valhella types include Decepticons who funnily enough don't really get a look-in. And why does it turn into a ball? What was Bee even saying?

The statues bit is so fucking random and instead of having Unicron threaten them or Cyclonus appear or some shit, they throw their cards on the table immediately and show the truce is already over.

GoodnessknowswhatI'veforgotten.

• Like Like x 4
  11. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

Oh thank God! Chibnall is off... just three (no doubt) excruciating specials in 2022 to go before the "dream team" departs for good.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Premium Finish ftw!

Snake Eyes with Timber might be hitting sooner than expected, mine just went to the BBTS PoL.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I know I said I was moving on but before I do, before I can, I have to get this off my chest...
    Once again, as is now tradition, we round out a Rooster Teeth/Machinima team production, designed to cross-sell the toys, end with a number of the Premium Flagship Higher Pricepoint characters DEAD, and when 3 of them are being reissued to boot! Yep, why leave the fates of Jetfire, Omega, and Scorponok open when we can kill 'em off, eh? :rolleyes2 

• Like Like x 4
  14. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

And the 6 episodes this year. I still haven't watched this year's new year ep. Once Chibnall is gone, I may start watching it again. Hopefully they'll be able to salvage something from the utter shitshow of the timeless child.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Excellent arrival there.

I'm the same with kingdom, finding it very enjoyable atvthe moment.

Kudos to hasbro for progressing the toys into their earth modes although these aren't in the series.

Also for emulating the original BW animation for Rhinox's figure rather than the netflix show which is more generations t30 figure stylised.

Ha, I thought it was my screen at first but nope it's purple.

Even the netflix optimus primal version colouring isn't correct either.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Shinsei

Shinsei Well-Known Member

Extra thumbs up for Pexus.

• Like Like x 5
  17. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It is a magnificent place!

• Like Like x 7
  18. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    one thing I did consider was the statues were built by all the fallen sparks of the fallen bots and cons through the allspark when it reformatted Cybertron but the show did f*ck all to explain any of that. Generic bot and con to show "being your own bot" I guess as airazor and dinobot put it. That's how I see it myself though all things considered having to do mental gymnastic to make sense of that kind of crap isn't how you should be ending a series.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    That's the classic Rooster Teeth writing
    they leave you a Ninja Warrior course of plot holes for you to do mental gymnastics through to make sense of the story because they actually don't bother about it making sense through their own efforts
    I'm just glad I had the warm nostalgia Ready-Brek Glow of MOTU: Revelations to help me thru this! :p 

BTW did we already know that Omega Supreme was back in stock at Smyths for Home Delivery?

• Like Like x 5
  20. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Kingdom thoughts:

It's the best of the three, here's what I liked:
    • The on screen transformations were cool.
    • Felt like a lot happened in each episode (the story may not hang together, but things kept happening).
    • Prime's injury at the start made it feel like that's the reason for his speech impediment. Everyone else didn't seem so bad.
    • The music was better, actually felt dramatic at times.
    Look, it's not good, of course it isn't, it was never going to be, but with expectations sufficiently lowered from the last two, I had a great time watching these six episodes. I am, however, extremely glad that I picked up some Beast Wars toys and rewatched a few episodes ahead of this. So Beast Megatron is still charismatic David Kaye in my head and not whatever this guy was. I hadn't come across Airrazor yet, but I'm very happy with her depiction here.

Special mentions:
    • The Arc's face coming through the smoke was fucking cool. Looking forward to seeing some of you lot recreate that in photos.
    • Felt mega uncomfortable about Prime wishing for the world to be like it was, even though there were problems. Ugh...
    • Burst out laughing when E1 comes slinking out of the Allspark chamber, hips swaying. Oh Prime, you horndog.

• Like Like x 7