The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Daaamn, that Furai Rodimus looks fantastic. And 15cm from feet to top-of-head makes him a tall Deluxe.

I managed to resist pre-ordering Super 7 Banzaitron, but I am sorely tempted to get this guy for the Lost Light shelf!

• Like Like x 9
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

The last time I saw the word quilt used it was an insult, so there being a festival... :oops: :D 

You can't show me that filth when I'm waiting on a cheaper in every sense Origins version!

This isn't me having a pop, just my wider take!

For me, everybody involved sold it as He-Man; the trailers, Netflix and Smith himself. We got Teela's 'journey' instead. There's quality there, no doubt, but it immediately hamstrung what the story could and should've been from what they said. It's basically a spin-off, not what should have been the main event. Or if they wanted to go this route later after showing what they promised, no problem.

As I said to someone else I'll watch Spikor Buys A Waterbed or anything else they put out, but what were they hoping to achieve with false advertising? And they had a year to right that ship. Fans didn't get the main star of the show as promised, all the pre-release negativity perception-wise had been confirmed, absolute newcomers heard and saw nothing but hate before they'd even tried it. And all indications so far are it fell out of view quickly as a result. If they'd just been honest the whole conversation would never have happened.

And now they've all dug themselves in deeper. Telling 40 year olds to 'grow the fuck up' (that always goes down well after you've spent a year courting them), trying to change the general narrative with a debate about body image, tying themselves up in knots in a diversity debate they deliberately waded into... 'Do we really need two redheads?' :oops: 

With regards to the show itself I just wasn't blown away. I had already accepted it was gonna be about Teela but that didn't really help. The Macguffin journey told us pretty much fuck all while cackhandedly not discussing where Teela's headed. The fights were dull. There was simply no way to satisfyingly show any success in that final scene, so they didn't. Another bait and switch for many, in fact. For me personally, it all felt 'this kills time until the cliffhanger'. It just wasn't interesting enough to stand on it's own IMO. It wouldn't have been very interesting whoever the lead was!

And now Smith is suggesting part 2 is all about Evil Lyn. Yeah, cos that's the obvious place to go with what happened in that final scene.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Of course…. I’m not disappointed, he cost us nowt, has become a household name at our club, got us up & then kept us up…. And then makes us 100 million?!?

Really happy with the signings so far too… Danny Ings a very pleasant surprise.

The way city treat players he’ll probably be fed up with being on the bench and we can get him back on loan :lol 

Hope you and Rebecca are doing OK bud.

• Like Like x 9
  4. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    Just been into Game on Monks Cross in York and they had Earthrise Optimus and Doubledealer for £24.99! I picked up Optimus for my younger brother since he’s been looking for him for ages.

ER Doubledealer and 3X Siege Direct Hit and Power Punches left for £8!

• Like Like x 9
  5. Beak Thing

Beak Thing Danger Giraffe

The most frustrating thing about Picard is there were so many potentially good things that just went in the worst direction possible. The aftermath of Picard's TNG era-esque desire to save the Romulans vs a post Dominon war Federation's isolationism and caution could've been an amazing thing to explore as an allegory for the optimism of Star Trek vs the popularity of gritty TV today. The mystery behind why AI research was banned and what the Romulans were doing with their derelict Cube (and what the other powers let them keep it) both had so much potential. Ditto bringing back 7 of 9, an excellent character played by Jeri Ryan who's been great in pretty much everything she's been in.

And all squandered for giant evil space worms and a faceoff between two sets of copy and paste CGI model fleets.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 5
  7. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    I suspect there will be at the least Nemi/SG Rodermaus - sans trailer bits - and I'd expect an awkward £50+ price tag on that too. Which is going to be a bit shit for an "involved" Voyager. But seems to be about the going rate if you look at the drift in prices and what they are doing with SG.

But I'll be on the hook for them. Just like SS86 Rodney this is going to be a definitive mold for a while to come.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    No one:

Absolutely no one:

Me:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 20
  9. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    All except the moomin ones!

I am actually marking you all for content and grammar.

@MyTea Boc is the only one to have failed so far, and that's an achievement since the pass mark is lower than his morals and lower than my resistance to cake!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  10. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeeeesss! This just arrived from Geoff Senior and Simon Furman! It's Killertoa from To The Death!

This was sent by the fellas as a loyalty reward because I'd helped fund the Kickstarter (digital PDF's), bought the entire print run (10 issue series) and am getting it again serialised in the Shift comic anthology!

Lovely stuff!

20210805_172706.jpg

• Like Like x 25
  11. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    Mercenary Micromasters Hardroll and Doubleshot from the Direct Hit + Power Punch? :p 

• Like Like x 5
  12. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

The entire set will cost £215 (or £180 for all the Turtles). You can get a set of Super 7 for the same sort of price, curious given the usual conversation about them.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Should all go accordingly to plan Motorhead into Freewheeler to round out the Race Cars, a cheeky Fireguard & Roadburner into Stonecruncher & Excavator, with Stingracer & Windstorm staying as stock this time to pad out the Micromaster ranks, seeing as Hasbro's latest attempt to revive ended up instead with them (and the Armada Mini-cons) stone cold dead in the water instead. With potentially another run at turning Hyperdrive into Road Hugger to boot - this time without the Roadhandler partswap, seeing as dyeing didn't (and thus won't) work (and I don't need another Tailspin).
    Gotta go all in if the Customisers' Curse is gonna work on this size class resurrection!

• Like Like x 7
  14. Siege Fan

Yeah, I'd be going with Super 7... btw, I've PO'd Bop, Rock and 2 Foot from BBTS :oops: 

I'd always considered a Foot but just one was gonna look daft, couldn't army build them at that price... then I see how big Bop and Rock are and my brain goes 'They could totally lead a couple of Foot Soldiers!'

How much does a rainbow weigh?

Barely anything, they're pretty light.

• Like Like x 6
  15. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First time listening today, decided to start at the beginning (which, I'm reliably told, is a very good place to start). Enjoying it from the off, but there was something that immediately caught my attention:

It was the talk of the original Fort Max toy, his rarity in the UK, and eventual - limited - release.

You see, my older brother worked at Hamleys during the 90s and, well...

20210805_192839.jpg

... Now you know where the gun for the Hamleys Fort Max went! :D 

• Like Like x 20
  16. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 5
  17. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This is amazing!

• Like Like x 5
  18. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

So I just finished watching ER and its was ok, really dont see why most people dont like it...but then again I did enjoy Mr Bay's Ninja Turtles movie so I am assuming either i have far more refined taste than you lot (unlikely) or just have a way higher tolerance for crap films and TV shows.

But after watching the first episode of Kingdom I now have a want for Airrazor that wasnt there before

• Like Like x 8
  19. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

Sounds like the new Super 7 stuff is in some US people’s hands now, I just ordered Mikey but I’ve got a load of Thundercats due as well (five figures in total!!!).

• Like Like x 4
  20. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Rebecca's been great again today, she's helping me deal with things a lot better than if she'd been noticeably down since Monday.

All things considered it's worked out well for City and for Grealish, definitely a possibility Villa could get him back on loan with the way City burn through their expensive toys :D 

My thoughts on United's signings,
    Sancho = Looks a bit small for the physicality of the Premier League and should clearly never be trusted to take penalties. A lot of money for a slight upgrade on Lingard who for some reason is still on the books.

Varane = Decent player that Fergie wanted a decade ago and who Mourinho wanted more recently but I have a feeling he's only coming for the money because Real Madrid are skint.

After winning the Champions League 3 or 4 times he's unlikely to enjoy being in the Europa and out of contention in the Premier League by Christmas so I don't see him lasting long.

No major outgoings yet, and I have a feeling they're going to have to offer clubs money to take Phil Jones off their hands :D 

• Like Like x 7