The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Love a Schmeichel, even one that plays for a club with Gary Lineker as a superfan :D 

I'd have him between the sticks at United like a shot if the chance ever presented itself, De Gea's gone to shit and I don't think Henderson's got "it" either.

The only possible issue I'd see for Kasper at United would be constant comparisons with what his Dad achieved which I'm guessing is a hassle he'd probably be best off avoiding 'cos that never works out well.

@Siege Fan,
    I have seen both and that approach to comic book movies just isn't for me.

I think they take themselves a bit too seriously and the tone felt to me like being at the seaside in the middle of winter when it's pissing it down and everything is closed.....joyless.

It's why I haven't watched any DC movie since.

The Suicide Squad movie that's imminent may change that because it appears to throw reality out of the window and there's a talking shark, a rat, a mangy looking werewolf thing, a dude that appears to fire polka dots, Nathan Fillion's arms fall off and Michael Rooker has flowing locks! :D 

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    I…..

You know I was going to try and discuss why you are so negative towards AEW, what it is that genuinely annoys you.

I reckon if they had a time machine in order to have the WWF roster of the 1980’s you would still find reason to hate on it.

They sign what you perceive as ‘better talent’ and you still look at it negatively. It’s hard to point ‘midlife crisis’ when you’ve got John Cena re-appearing on WWE - speaking of which, you can’t blame Punk and Bryan when it’s just more of the same of the last 12/13 years. Why would Punk go back just to be buried under Cena or Cena 2.0 (Reigns) again.

Maybe stop quoting Cornette’s podcast and maybe watch a bit consistently without that agenda in your ear, and form your own opinion. Maybe then you can find some positivity and objectivity.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

At this point it’s literally sat in storage…. :( 

Anything pique your interest?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

Might as well give it a go.

• Like Like x 4
  5. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

i dont know what this is in response to but i wholeheartedly agree with it. the dark knight especially is incredible.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Let's have another go... cheers!

My take on the franchises...

Alien - A good movie but time hasn't been kind to it's slow opening and creature. Like most old horror movies.

Aliens - Still going strong.

Alien 3 - Gets a lot of criticism, rightly, for how it handled continuation, but it's still a decent movie IMO.

Resurrection - Watchable but that movie doesn't know wtf it is. Loads of potential is just wasted.

Prometheus - As above, essentially. It's Lost in the sense it has all these ideas with no pay-off.

Covenant - Sir Didley Squat couldn't be bothered so he had fun at everybody's expense. Even Fox! An honest to goodness insult to your intelligence.

Predator- Stone cold classic. Untouchable. Still holds up.

Predator 2 - 90s excess in the best way. Not an amazing movie by any means but it doesn't slow down.

Predators - Decent self-contained movie, could have been stellar with more of a budget.

The Predator - The action comedy that like Covenant fucked with the lore so badly it stalled the franchise. It's watchable if you treat it as a 90s movie that happens to star Preds.

Terminator - Just a classic.

T2 - My favourite movie. Again, still stands up today.

T3 - Some good ideas are lost in poor attempts at comedy and a rubbish attempt at bettering the T-1000.

Salvation - Decent but it wanted to include ALL the lore while adding new stuff and it was just too much. A different breed of Terminator moves you to each scene for example.

Genysis - Nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be but like everything after 2 it has almost no reason to exist. And Jai Courtney is useless.

Haven't seen all of Dark Fate!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Thing is with these guys, and truthfully Nicee too, is they're kind of a halfway point between Transformers and Nendodroids, Figma etc type things so they have swappable hands, faces etc. That said Nicee has a more convincing vehicle mode. Still happy to have bought 'em, and somewhat looking forward to the others they have coming down the pipe :) 
    To be honest, if I hadn't already had Nicee I wonder if it would have been harder to convince myself on getting these girls? Like, having got her I felt like they could pull this off, especially the combined mode which honestly is quite stable and possibly moreso than a lot of the Hasbro ones.. then again they're also much lighter and the combined mode is about tall Voyager height?
    They're great fun though and bring a smile to my face seeing 'em on my desk :) 

I've not been following, is that more or less than previously seen?

Awww that's adorable <3 now see if she'll agree to cake toppers of the two of you opening the Matrix!

Very much this!

If he weren't so inevitably expensive (I think?) I might have considered him. Especially if he didn't have so many niggles for me :-/
    Rung is actually a prime candidate for a retool from the sort of fembot bodytypes they seem to be doing a lot of lately. Would be a conventional altmode of course... though I mean, as a lot of people playing with the Battlemaster version of him have found, his altmode can make a passable spaceship too :D 

That man can act! And has quite a pressence. I will be interested to see him reprising the role of Primal in Rise of the Beasts. I suspect one reason going for him over Chalk may have something to do with if the Beast cast are meant to have been on Earth for a very long time... as much as Chalk was great as the OG Primal, I'm not sure if he can convey that sort of grizzled-ness as well as Perlman can.

:lol 

Indeed, he wore his glasses more than not.

How many Magnabosses did you have?! I spy two Ironhides (I think?) and then another in the combined mode, unless that's one of the previous two.
    I also spy TM2 Cheetor who I also had :D 

• Like Like x 8
  8. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Look at this opulent bastard. One of my favorite Megatron designs. And he's pristine, I'm thinking I may need to seal the chrome as it's notoriously flaky. Any suggestions? Nail varnish?

Funny story how I got this one. Moved into a place where people had already been living for a while, and this was sat boxed in a junk room. Found another place to live a few months later, couldn't be bothered to move my shitty old sofa, so traded it for that shiny shiny boxed Megatron.

IMG_20210725_222401379.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  9. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

So... like this then?
    [​IMG]
    (By David Willis)

• Like Like x 15
  10. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Just finished MOTU. Rather enjoyed it. I went in knowing zip about it. Can’t see anything to be upset about with it, but given I’ve no knowledge of it beyond this, there’s nothing to be ‘spoiled’ by doing new stuff. (Never quite get that complaint - if you dislike it because it’s not the old things you can still watch them. They’re all still there, just ignore the new things). I guess there’s some argument to be made re studios commissioning re-dos of old stuff rather than stand alone new things and what that does to stuff.

Which brings me to my other watch this week, The Watch. I’m reminded of a Douglas Adams line - it’s a series that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike PTerry’s The Watch. If you’ve never heard or read or seen a thing about Discworld, it’d work as a pretty ok series. If you have, and they’d just made it it’s own thing entirely, you’d be able to see the influences and it’d probably be enjoyable. As is, it’s a lot like The Irregulars was - I spent half the time trying to reconcile the bits that were from the world I know and love with the bits that are completely counter to it.

I’ve got an Alien story I’ll add later.

Ooh good spot! I’ve not had the refund through from HOF yet, and the order details are still saying ‘ready to ship’, so not quite sure what they’re playing at there. Ordered one at Sports Direct, as the worst case scenario is ending up with 2… which isn’t all that bad!

• Like Like x 9
  11. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I think I have four in total in various states of completeness and repair. I have a boxed one, a complete combined one ( that will never be de-stalted due to silverbolts gps) and a few junkers just cos.

I like magnaboss.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Convoy

Convoy Useful dinosaur robot

Currently I'm on a strict model kit diet. But there's definitely a few good looking hole fillers for collectors

I kinda like the akira style motorbike and boomerang jet. I guess the accessories is where the cash goes but to me thats all stuff that can get lost. hopefully they'll release singles in future, esp any dinosaur themed bots

• Like Like x 6
  13. HazySaiyan

HazySaiyan I can quit anytime I want!

Man that’s an absolute treasure trove, what a find!

• Like Like x 5
  14. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
  15. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Indeed, and/or similar such things. I remember seeing a Rung upgrade kit for the Moonracer mold a while ago which is what I was thinking of with my post :) 

Heh, great use of that line and thanks for vindicating my intention not to bother. What little I've seen from photos and trailers supports your sentiment of it being nothing like the source material. I also dislike that they forced out Rhianna and Rob and I gather dropped PTerry's credit entirely. If it had just been it's own thing I wouldn't have given a damn, heck I might have given it a go, but The Watch is one of my favourite Discworld subseries and to see it get mangled so badly... I can't do that to myself.
    If anything positive has come of it though, it's the formation of Naritivia by Rhianna Pratchett and Rob (his editor, I can NEVER remember his name) and I believe many of those involved in the fantastic adaption of Good Omens. It's a production company specifically to be in control of all future adaptions of the great Sir PTerry's works :) 

That's a lot of Magnaboss! And yeah he's great. First combiner I ever owned in fact as I only ever had limbs of some of the G1 'biners. Would be great if they made a new version of Magnaboss...

I mean, these figures can all be bought individually if the combiner doesn't interest you though the Gemini Twins do really need to be together as they have the combined altmode. They're all fantastic figures :) 

As for where the cash goes, perhaps, though they are actually surprisingly complex figures. They have a lot of joints and stuff in excess I would say of many similar sized Transformers. Don't let their chibiness deceive you: They are as someone in the Magic Henshin thread put it, swiss army knife little figures.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    TBoBC007.jpg

Nobody ever saw him again.

IMG_E8567[1].JPG

I think that's a good plan, some pretty important stuff happens in book 2 and I'd forgotten some of it too, I think I read it before I was ill in bed for six weeks with 2019's hideous cough disease! Hm, maybe book 2 attracts respiratory viruses? It's cursed! :eek: :) 

That's the fella! I wanted the oversized KO with all the chrome and lethal springs in the tusk launchers, came in a box labelled BEEF LIZARD? You only saw it on street market stalls though, years after the show ended, and I was always afraid to ask how much it cost.

42 is a good age! :music :dj :bday  Plus the Hitchhikers books are good fun. My favourites are Zaphod and Marvin, especially the latter. :D 

I have a torch my mate got me that's so ridiculously bright you can't look into the beam without wishing you hadn't, that ought to help! Thanks for the advice, will investigate brushes. :) 

:thumb :thumb :thumb  Plus, we'll get to say "quasar" a lot. Which is always good.

Screenshot 2021-07-25 230910.png

Ta for the tips! This is sounding doable, if I'm careful. :D 

:lol  Poor Skids, all his friends became famous but I think he just does voiceovers for late-night cable ads now, when not moonlighting as an Uber taxi.

skids.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  17. Convoy

Convoy Useful dinosaur robot

Oh maybe! Do the red bike and dino tank combine into anything?

Edit:just checked and it looks like price wise it's way better value to get them all.

Edit2: Looks like there's a wolf/lion coming at some point that looks quite cool!

• Like Like x 6
  18. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

And speaking of big box bots that may or may not actually get delivered, you can order netflix nemi p from amazon for £56

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HKW17VP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

so presumably they are expecting some? I ordered earthrise Megatron like this a few months ago, and they came through a couple of weeks later, but then conversely we've all ordered TFs from amazon that have never turned up. Maybe worth a punt if its something you missed out on. you dont get charged until its dispatched (IF its dispatched).

• Like Like x 7
  19. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Tempted by a sports direct sky lynx, but I'm not convinced. If someone ends up with two, I'll take it for cost and postage, but I'm not getting into that again.

Likewise I'm not falling for amazon shenanigans again. I said only beasts going forward and I'm gonna actually try to stick to that.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Yup, give it a go, it's all totally random but like I got my Pit from them lol.

• Like Like x 3