The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Fair enough. Though I'm tempted to make a joke about pop culture swords having no need to follow logic :lol  but ultimately, it's your toy :) 

Oh man I meant to comment on Lockjaw when he got mentioned before, I loved him when he turned up in the comic. Damn I need to catch up on her stuff, she's my current favourite Marvel comic but I'm several years behind at this point. I am super excited for her MCU debut and will in all honesty probably get Disney+ just to watch her :lol 
    As for her origin, they could just import the Agents of Shield Inhuman Gene stuff which is not far off the comic origin, just substitute Terrigen Cloud for activation chemicals getting into the human food supply and triggering Terrigenesis in humans with the Inhuman Gene. TBH it's simple enough they could summarise it without requiring people to have watched AoS, or possibly go for something else.
    As for the Inhumans series, I imagine they will quietly pretend that doesn't exist if/when they want to do Inhumans again. Kind of like the vague canonicity status of of the good Hulk movie. Though I could see them also potentially tying her into Captain Marvel somehow. I think I've seen one fan theory that they'll have her be part Skrull based on the friendly Skrulls in Captain Marvel, which would still account for her powerset.

Oh and re the general discussion of the X-Men films, some things to consider re: me.

- I had seen the Christopher Reeves and Tim Burton Batman films beforehand, and the old Adam West Batman series
    - But! I was an avid fan of the X-Men and Spider-man cartoons so a big part of it for me was seeing those characters on the big screen
    - We have been rather spoiled for superhero movies now but I still rate those films on their own merits. I also just generally don't tend to have a competetive mindset with media and enjoy them on their own merits. So sure they might not be as good as modern superhero movies, but they were fantastic movies in their own right for me :)  it's the same as how I view TF media, while I might have my favourites I prefer to just watch and enjoy them on their own merits if that makes sense? Like I don't enjoy rating things? I would be a terrible critic
    - WRT the above, don't ask me to pick favourites of anything, I hate picking favourites xD TBH I'm surprised I can so readily say Prime is my favourite TF series as I rarely pick favourites :lol 

Hah, I could see that happening.

I know some people have suggested he'll take over Cameo duties from Stan Lee, though I don't think that would work as universally as Stan did as it's harder to hide a guy in a costume than an old white guy who can slot in any number of scenarios. Mind you that doesn't stop him appearing sans costume sometimes of course.

:lolol 

"My hero"
    20210801_095944.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  2. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It does, it fits where the fusion cannon/whatever the fuxk the tank barrel was supposed to become

DAB28FF6-7502-4869-B67B-5883C9E587A3.jpeg 6347AD05-A4CC-45A5-8B98-8F25A8A112C6.jpeg
    You do lose the front of the tank unfortunately but worth it for robot mode

Beast Wars reissues are up on Smyths and some nice bits reduced

488C67EE-CE50-47B3-8E48-F822BDBFA0C4.png D547A591-1EE6-40C1-803B-6B37AA7194D3.png

• Like Like x 11
  3. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For my fellow motu and gi joe fans

Origins trap jaw back en masse in Forbidden Planet plus the gi joe origins movie figures.

Also a fair few retro snake eyes again too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  4. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    banks for the Zavvii link @Siege Fan. Just ordered 2 Con hoodies.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    You know I really wish there was a toy of WFC/FoC Jetfire. They use the design for Cybertron Jetfire in Earth Wars and I love this design but it doesn't seem like Hasbro or any 3Ps have ever made a toy of this version?! (Pics from Earth Wars)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  7. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Buster buster something something, for some reason it's also in low demand, you might get a good price.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    Ooh, thanks, I'll have to look it up. If you can remember any more info that would be appreciated :) 

• Like Like x 4
  9. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    I love the WFC/FOC designs, especially the Aerialbots. I wanted a figure of the Air Raid design the most. There was a company making a figure based on Ramjet from the DS design, I THINK that it was Second Chance but that has been long dead.
    It’s Etsy,
    Upgrade Kit for WFCGS14 G2 Megatron Made to Order | Etsy

• Like Like x 4
  10. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

As I struggled to get to sleep last night I ended up listening to half of my usual wrestling podcast into the early hours.

There was a fascinating section that talked about ZZ Top's influence on early music videos done to promote tag teams The Fabulous Ones and The Fantastics, who both used "Sharp Dressed Man" as their entrance music.

As it turned out the band were wrestling fans and especially Dusty Hill who had The Fantastics worried when he approached them after a show in Texas as they thought they were about to be sued for using the music without permission but he was cool with it so there was never a problem. Jim Cornette also talked about meeting Dusty Hill and Frank Beard after a show when he was on the road with The Midnight Express.

As a further link between music and wrestling the legendary producer Rick Rubin was Cornette's financial backer for Smoky Mountain Wrestling in the 90's and there's been some great stories about what it was like being around him.

I love this kind of content much more than the burials of modern wrestling which are honestly becoming a bit redundant but I get why they do it as it's part of the routine and a lot of people still tune in for that more than anything else.

@JSpaced10,
    Thanks for the good wishes, the outlook for Oreo is sadly not looking good but going to see what the vet says after all the tests tomorrow and will make whatever decision is best for him from there.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

That reminds me of the rid2001 jetfire, a jetfire repaint if beast machines jetstorm. Not perfect, but close.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    Looks to be Maketoys Cross Dimension Buster. Looking at it now I do remember seeing it before :lol  thanks for jogging the old memory

Ooh I'll have to look that up :) 

For some reason the narrative of them having been Seekers who joined the Autobots always stuck with me and in my own fan fiction I tend to go with that origin for Aerialbots :) 

• Like Like x 6
  13. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

In Demand Toys made me very happy this week. For some reason, it feels like a fresh design. It must be stockholm syndrome.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  14. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 10
  15. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    Were you talking about this guy? Storm Jet (RID) - Transformers Wiki He does look pretty cool!

Lol :lolol  is that from one of the Airplane! films?

• Like Like x 6
  16. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Sure is :lol  Love those films.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    I remember seeing the first one when I was much younger, I can never remember if I saw the second one or not.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    PicsArt_08-01-01.04.46.jpg
    "One shall stand, one shall fall."

I followed the Ms Marvel series as far as that Secret Wars event where Doom became god and everything had to take a year off. After that she had become so popular and was appearing in so many team up series that keeping up became less enticing and more like a chore, fun though Kamala remains.

But that's the Marvel way - spread an ongoing story over so many series, crossovers and event comics that you feel you need to buy half their output just to keep up. To be honest that's what puts me off going back to Marvel now, having constant events getting in the way of the individual series.

Well, it's like with all fantasy, when it's based on the real world it feels off when it's wrong but if it's completely made up it can do what it likes. Dragons can be any shape or size without breaking preconceptions, but swords were real, so they ought to work. /grump

I think Agents of Shield may be being kept at arm's reach, much like the Netflix stuff. I mean, Carol Danvers was given new origins so they'll probably do the same for Kamala. Hulk sneezed on her once and now she stretches? Whatever.

Eh, I'll pass. I don't mind the fusion cannon on the arm to be honest. I preferred it like that on CW Armada Megatron too.

The only real issue I have with that G2 Megs is there's nothing good to be done with that spear thing. If he could hold it AS a spear it'd fine.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, I'm in a budgetary dilemma. I'd really like to get Star Saber given he's probably going to be really cool and a once in a lifetime deal, but for how much he's going to cost I could probably fund most of the rest of my TF purchases for the year. What are you guys planning to do?

• Like Like x 4
  20. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Surely not?

Ms Marvel = I think they should bring Lockjaw in and act like the Inhumans show never happened. Which of course it didn't ;) 

Apparently Taky Wakytits is doing a Flash Gordon movie......if I could go into space to escape the inevitable shitness I would.

IG-11's voice aside, I think he's an idiot and whilst not entirely responsible for the awfulness of live action Thor movies he's certainly on that shitlist.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 4